• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sept 2008 NPD Results

Grecco

Y2Kev said:
But I was promised last thread that Too Human was going to be a slow burn! It only had 20 days of NPD tracking!

THIS IS BULLSHIT! Recount.

edit: Successful EA games :Bow

Dont forget Tales of Vesperia. Was totally gonna chart this month.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm kind of more interested in the undercard. Stuff like DQIV, Yak 2, ToV, IU.

Grecco said:
Dont forget Tales of Vesperia. Was totally gonna chart this month.

Yeah :lol

Only the crazies thought that though. A lot of normal people stepped up to be Denis Dyack's Eva Braun.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not that amazing for 360 IMO.it averaged about 70K per week. So if this was a normal month the number would be about 280K. Not that great.

FrankT

Captain Smoker said:
LTDS:

Wii Play: 6.852.000
Mario Kart Wii: 3.086.000
Wii Fit: 2.346.000

Madden NFL 09: 1.224.000 [X360]

Madden NFL 09: 801.000 [PS3]

Where did you get that total for PS3 Madden because that is PS2 Madden in the original post.

1cesc said:

Fresh fish.

YTD lead PS3 over the 360 would now be down to ~150k. My holiday prediction is coming around full force. Amazed by Wii numbers once again.

okrim

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Honestly, I can't see how the PS3 can achieve any momentum going into the Holiday period without a price cut.
347.000 after the cut in my opinion it isn't a so good result for 360. PS3 to comparison not going so bad. However the 360 software going better.

That's another record-breaking month for the Wii: highest September sales of any console. Also, next month it should pass the PSP LTD.

September was 5 weeks of tracking, so the PS3's weekly average didn't move at all. The PSP is down, and the 360 is well up, of course. The DS is down quite a bit.

schuelma

So yeah I wonder how high Mario Kart can go worldwide..10 million anyone?

ypo said:
Pretty disappointing X360 hardware numbers. Everything else is as expected.

really? I dont think MS could have asked for much more than a 100K unit increase as it is only september and there were no significant game releases

womfalcs3

Banned
Good for PS3. Especially in a month when the X360's price goes below the Wii's. PS3 is twice the price of X360 now.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow, PS3 didn't take as bad of a beating as I though it would. it did about 2/3 the sales of 360 even though it was about twice the price.

duk

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
Good for PS3. Especially in a month when the X360's price goes below the Wii's. PS3 is twice the price of X360 now.

good that it's being outsold?

wtf is wrong with you people

zeloe326

Well I expected a lot less from the PS3, being that there weren't anything special out for it in September and the Price still at hefty $400. So in reality they did pretty well. I expect the increase in Sales for the 360 is based solely on the price, especially the fact that you can get an arcade for a measly $200 bucks. So the increase in sales isn't really that earth shattering, but good for them indeed.

Dang Wii Fit is gaining steam heading into the holidays, and TFU had good debut but will drop out by next month. Oh Sony can anything save you?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
PlayStation 3 232.4K

Hurry up, LBP! It's all up to you now. :(

edit: dunno why that was spoilered..

Neomoto

As usual incredible Nintendo performance on both hardware & software fronts. Rock Band 2 did really good too.

And a truly excellent first post Mama Robotnik!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WickedLaharl said:
no it didn't. there is close to a 115,000 difference here! :lol

Price is the issue here. 360 at $199, I really thought it would be close to Wii numbers. PS3 didn't do that bad for the cheapest model being twice as much as the cheapest 360 model.

schuelma

Valtor said:
Question is, when will Mario Kart outsell GTA IV?? :O

I had the same thought..I don't know the GTA IV LTD's, but worldwide I think Mario Kart has a shot.

GPsych

Classic_Gs said:
Dang Wii Fit is gaining steam heading into the holidays, and TFU had good debut but will drop out by next month. Oh Sony can anything save you?

LittleBigPlanet
won't...

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oblivion said:
PlayStation 3 232.4K

Hurry up, LBP! It's all up to you now. :(

I hope LittleBigPlanet does something for the Triple. It needs help so bad. A $300 price point would help too, but since Sony isn't budging on that, R2 and LBP need to push it.

Paracelsus

duk said:

Yeah.

Better to cut the price, match 360 sales for a month -because there's NO WAY PS3 is gonna save itself against GoW2-, and bleed money from the anus.

>.>

schuelma said:
USA: 3.086.000
Jap.: 1.767.000
E.U.: ~ 2.500.000 [rough estimate]
-----------------------
Total: 7.353.000

I think 10.000.000 is not a problem at this rate. :)

boontje

schuelma said:

I can't see it not crossing that mark and quite quickly as well. Nintendo already shipped around 6.5M at the end of last quarter and it has sold very well in the last 3 months.

duk said:

I know the 360 sold ~50% more than the PS3, thats not an insignificant difference and I somehow doubt somehow that gap will fall as we go into Christmas, parents start hitting the shops and the economy goes down the pan.

Still I guess people are capable of spinning anything into the way they want

d+pad

Captain Smoker said:
LTDS:

Mario Kart Wii: 3.086.000
Wii Fit: 2.346.000

Wow! I had no idea these two had racked up those kinds of numbers.

Anyone know what SSBB's LTD is?

Will be interesting to see what kind of numbers Wii Music and AC: City Folk put up in the ramp up to the holidays...

Top Bottom