• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ohio Cop Pulls Over Black Man for Making Direct Eye Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
VokfIY9.gif

Ripe for parody!

Enzom21

Is this the same story posted yesterday?
I'll post my same response to the other one...
"Reckless eyeballing, Jim Crow laws are still in effect"
**Reckless eyeballing was the offense of a black man who dared look at a white woman. Penalty: Physical abuse, jail or death.

*Bumptious contact was refusing to make way for white people on a sidewalk or common thorough fare. Penalty: physical abuse or verbal abuse; sometimes jail

*The sunset rule was in place in white communities where it was said that black people had to be out of the neighborhood by sunset, or face physical violence or arrest.

*In Key West Florida, it was the duty of the provost marshal (Filor) to enforce the curfew. When the bell rang at sunset the white townspeople would sing after them:

"Run Nigger Run!
Filor will get you
Wish I was in Filors place
I'd give them niggers a longer race!"

*A white person of any age gets waited on in a store before any age black person, regardless of who was there first.

*Black people were not allowed to try on shoes or clothes in department stores. They had to be bought without making sure they fit. They could not be returned.

*Even in traffic, the rule was white's first. Blacks who passed whites, or even pulled up next to them in traffic, could be fined or harassed.

*In the case of interracial collisions, only the black person would be arrested, even if not guilty.

*Black women were never to be referred to by any title of respect commonly given to white women.

*The Census Bureau was told: Report the race of nonwhite parent for persons of mixed and nonwhite races. Mixture of nonwhite races should be reported according to the race of the father.

**A statue of the Good Negro, hat in hand, eyes looking at the ground, was constructed in Natchitoches, Louisiana, as a reminder of proper subservience and of white supremacy.

Speaking of shit cops, here's one out fishing and using the air freshener as an excuse.
https://youtu.be/rHG-fptWcLU

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
There's a reason why they only want a certain intellectual level for cops, they are easier to indoctrinate and push bullshit like this.

Sheesh. Follow the guy around until he finds a good reason to pull him over. Don't have a good reason then make one up.

US got some serious problems with their cops.

Umm this is just one bad apple, and our cops work hard to protect us so you really have no fucking right to criticize anything they do.

Umm this is just one bad apple, and our cops work hard to protect us so you really have no fucking right to criticize anything they do.
I hope this is a joke because in its current state the USA is an embarrassment to humanity as a whole. Hiding behind the flag of freedom while being systematically corrupt, discriminatory, and absolutely idiotic at times with that joke of a constitution. Gross misinterpretation of the constitution has lead to the justification of stupidity. We need not look farther than neogaf's off topic forum to find sufficient evidence to support my premise.

Enzom21

I've been pulled over for this and I'm white.

I guess it makes sense since it's literally hanging in the middle of your windshield, still stupid though.

He clearly didn't pull him over for the air freshener. The driver asked the cop multiple times why he was pulled over and cop ignored it until he couldn't find a reason to write him a citation. The cop was out fishing.

Dehumanizing Freshness..
Were there air fresheners during Jim Crow? It doesn't sound anymore ridiculous than "Bumptious contact".

You do realize the idiom is actually one bad apple spoils the barrel, right?

So we can safely assume that the bunch are spoiled as well?

ShowDog

He could probably win a lawsuit because the cop followed him for a long time, without reason before the turn signal violation. The cop's behavior was against the law and the policy of his department, it's not cut 100% clear because he did commit a violation before detainment but it's still a pretty clear case of discrimination.

Honestly living in Michigan and driving through Ohio.. I got pulled over a lot.

I don't know what it is but it's true that Ohio police see Michigan plates they pull you over. I don't know about the rest of Michigan but at least the southern part of the state knows this

Looking while black
Walking while black
Driving while black

We stay losing.

You forgot....

Running while black
Trying to swim while black
Driving too slowly while black
Walking too slowly while black
Standing while black
Breathing while black
Having a life threatening medical emergency while black
Buying Skittles while black

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You forgot....

Running while black
Trying to swim while black
Driving too slowly while black
Walking too slowly while black
Standing while black
Breathing while black
Having a life threatening medical emergency while black
Buying Skittles while black

Playing with a toy gun while black seems especially deadly.

Syriel

Something I've always wondered as a side topic. Are there apps out there that allow to you start recording at a press of a button and then either streams it to a site where it can be archived or automatically uploads the video to youtube when you're done or after a certain amount of time? Just in case say something happens to the phone or you aren't in a position to save or transfer the file right then or ever?

Periscope.

Doesn't have a permanent archive, but does have a 24 hr replay.

Slayven

He might have confused him for Cyclops.
That's a lethal weapon right there.

Earth-TRN231_02.jpg

Summers was raised as a slave, and was beaten regularly every week regardless of his actions. This continued until after Scott's mother died, and his mutant powers activated. He was later recruited by Colonel Fury and Doctor Xavier who trained him to use his powers. He served in the Union Army and obtained the rank of Corporal.

Due to his efforts along with his fellow black soldiers, James Rhodes and Ororo Munroe, the American Civil War ended in merely two weeks. During this period, Scott has stated having killed about six hundreds Confederates soldiers.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Well, direct eye contact falls into the dehumanizing stare category, so the cop was justified. /s The fuck is wrong with cops? We need some kind of revolution.

Yeah that happened to me, years ago. I was sitting at the bus stop waiting to go to work. A police car drove by and I stared back at the officer that was staring at me. He promptly busted a U-turn, got out, ran my ID and asked where I was going. I forget if he actually gave me the line about my matching the description of some bullshit that happened in the area. I heard that line so often,I just came to expect it.

Numb

You just reminded me...

There's also smoking while black.
Don't be black while black.
Be inside a vehicle with tainted windows wearing a tux just incase they decide to look in.
Blackman with power? Remember that shit for centuries and use it to profile.

Yeah that happened to me, years ago. I was sitting at the bus stop waiting to go to work. A police car drove by and I stared back at the officer that was staring at me. He promptly busted a U-turn, got out, ran my ID and asked where I was going. I forget if he actually gave me the line about my matching the description of some bullshit that happened in the area. I heard that line so often,I just came to expect it.
Good thing it didn't get out of hand.

The Blackingan is a powerful ocular bloodline limit, and is known to inflame passions of its users when trained to a high level.

Understandable fear. First they're the surly kid in class who refuses to speak, then they're out their in the streets with snakes trying to murder their best friend to make their block better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom