• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 |OT| Only True in Fairy Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belle said
that Mr. Gold twists words. Then later on when she discovered the cup, he said it was the only thing in the store that he cherished. She was in the store at this time.

just a thought.

I was reading this post over a few times last night and after sleeping on it, I see where you're coming from but I think him confessing to her that knows he's evil and he knows he will never change and her staying despite that was enough. I don't think there was any foul play on his part.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haha, this show's still cheesy as shit but I love it approximately 1,000,000% more now that everybody knows they're fairy tale people.

3.8(series premiere opened at a 4.0) and 11 million viewers for last night's season premiere. The 5th most watched OUAT episode so far going by wikipedia's numbers behind the the first 4 episodes of the first season.

3.8(series premiere opened at a 4.0) and 11 million viewers for last night's season premiere. The 5th most watched OUAT episode so far going by wikipedia's numbers behind the the first 4 episodes of the first season.

Good. Hopefully it can maintain and justify its budget.

I know I will be watching.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't like how after they finally made it so that all the Storybrook folks knew they were fairy tale characters they sent the two main characters to fairy tale land. After that whole miserable first season I still just want this show to be more like Fables and they keep thwarting any chance the show has to be even remotely like it.

Kaladin

I don't like how after they finally made it so that all the Storybrook folks knew they were fairy tale characters they sent the two main characters to fairy tale land. After that whole miserable first season I still just want this show to be more like Fables and they keep thwarting any chance the show has to be even remotely like it.

I think this was always going to be Lost: Fairy Tale Version.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Awesome premiere.. I'm hoping they'll touch on some extended Disney family eventually.. Jack Skellington would be bad-ass.

I am 100% okay with this.

My wife was really excited they're touching on Sleeping Beauty, as its' her favourite princess.. coupled with the fact that she was one of the Tudors (Mary Tudor!), it's pretty awesome.

At least that's something. Now that they know who they are...the whole season would have been:

Let's kill Regina. No let's not. Let's kill Regina. No Let's not. Let's kill Regina. No let's not.

And that coming from just one character in the course of one episode multiplied by 22 episodes.

At least there's some story now in that they have to get Emma/Snow back but even then as I said before that's not very compelling on its own. There's no endgame for the protagonists in this story. To be together? They already are. To return to the kingdom? Who cares...they're already together...the location doesn't matter. To get revenge? Not gonna happen as they're all too good and anyhow I'll watch Revenge if I want to watch revenge. With Lost there was an ultimate arc of getting off the island and all the crazy shit in between. I don't understand what the arc of OUAT is anymore. Good vs. Evil? Great...put a cap in Regina and stop making stupid promises to some whiny kid who hates her anyways.

LiQuid!

Yeah, that became apparent to me real early in the first season. Even though I watched all of Lost, I really, really grew to despise the constant character flashbacks kept hoping against hope that this show would overcome its pedigree. So far though this first episode hasn't followed the single character focus like the first season did, so maybe they'll stick with a more focused narrative. Now that the curse is lifted hopefully they won't have to rely on flashbacks for character introductions and cheap plot twist reveals.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
onceuponatime-01-660.jpg
Homina homina homina

KevinCow

Banned
Awesome premiere.. I'm hoping they'll touch on some extended Disney family eventually.. Jack Skellington would be bad-ass.

I don't care if it's not a fairy tale and would make no sense in the context of the show, they need to bring in TRON at some point.

Kaladin

I don't care if it's not a fairy tale and would make no sense in the context of the show, they need to bring in TRON at some point.

It would kind of make sense with the whole multiple universe concept and how they explained that with Wonderland.

bjork

No chance. They were the #2 rated drama on ABC, they knew they were coming back for months before they wrote the finale.

That's a shame if true, could've had an finale ending and s2 premiere that felt less messy. Though I wonder if "months" is accurate since it was only officially announced a few days before the finale aired? NDAs or something, maybe.

I was reading this post over a few times last night and after sleeping on it, I see where you're coming from but I think him confessing to her that knows he's evil and he knows he will never change and her staying despite that was enough. I don't think there was any foul play on his part.

Not yet. ;)

Medalion

Banned
So no more beating around the bush, all Disney property or if Disney's covered it, is showing up in this thing

I expect to see someone who really believes they are Donald Duck to show up

ivysaur12

Banned
That's a shame if true, could've had an finale ending and s2 premiere that felt less messy. Though I wonder if "months" is accurate since it was only officially announced a few days before the finale aired? NDAs or something, maybe.

Not yet. ;)

Months is accurate. Even if it wasn't on paper, they knew. You know when you have numbers that good. You also have to pitch episodes to the network. You'd have a sense if you were in danger of not coming back. They were not in any danger, probably in no danger since the first few episodes of the season.

Also, this show is bizarre.

Did I hear Jack Skellington? The pumpkin king and the boogie man will probably makes appearances in season 3 or 4 for a Halloween theme ep.

Samara

Yep.

Loved the season opener but it's painfully obvious that
Neverland is the area of the kingdom left untouched by the curse because Neverland is ALREADY the place where time stands still

I'm sure the next few episodes until
Hook
's reveal will be Emma, Snow, Mulan and Sleeping Beauty on their way to
Neverland

Also, I think I've narrowed down my two ideas for who Dr. Whale is: Oz or Peter Pan.

OH AND THE GUY IN THE BEGINNING SCENE IN NEW YORK IS TOTALLY
HENRY'S DAD
AND, TO ADD TO THAT DRAMA I ALSO THINK HE'S
RUMPLE'S SON BAELFIRE

aw shit. I was thinking who the hell that was. well, I hope it turns out to be true

Nice touch there by making Sleeping Beauty have purple eyes. But damn she is just as passive as it get. just like in the movie.

But Mulan; whoa now her I want to follow. Dat hairstyle and those eyes, she's so gorgeous.

The episode was kinda of blah for me. Why are they still calling each other by their storybrooke names? Her name is Snow! And dude your name is Charming, who wouldn't want a name like that
Where the hell is Cinderella???

Medalion

Banned
That's what frustrated me about this

I think their real world personas and fairytale one merged together so they are constantly flipped back and forth between their personalities and how they would talk in both worlds

It's just a mess

Karak

It does get better, I believe around episode 7 a big thing happens and then the show takes off and it gets better.

everything between 1-7 is a bit rough.

So everyone was right. I am on 7 and boom.

But mother of god the Queen has single handed given me a royal bitch fetish. My god in the one scene talking to the Huntsemen when they first meet she is wearing some black and dark red sleek dress thing.
Even Robocop froze up. No motion...just staring at that chicks smoking form.

robocop-600x337.gif

Sober

It was the episode where Prince Charming fought the Dragon where I thought the show got really good
2nd episode I believe it was, hooked me. Was the one where Snow meets Charming for the first time after robbing his wedding jewelery. They kinda fumbled it a bit with their amnesiac counterparts in Storybrooke (and maybe once or twice in fairy tale land) but I really liked Snow and Charming's story. Plus how they expanded on it in pretty much reverse order was fun to watch.

LiQuid!

I don't get it. Why do people keep saying that the show has expanded to include non-fairy tale characters from Disney movies??

EulaCapra

I don't get it. Why do people keep saying that the show has expanded to include non-fairy tale characters from Disney movies??
This season includes the likes of Mulan (actual Chinese historical figure) and more surprisingly, Lancelot (who may be myth or based on a historical figure).

LiQuid!

This season includes the likes of Mulan (actual Chinese historical figure) and more surprisingly, Lancelot (who may be myth or based on a historical figure).

Right, I get that, but what does that have to do with fucking Jack Skellington, Tron and Dumbo?!

LiQuid!

Because all the fairy tale characters so far have been based upon the Disney likenesses of them.

Most of these characters in the show are from tales so old that the only remotely modern interpretation of them is from Disney movies. Or characters who are generically featured enough that their interpretation in Disney movies is already a generic likeness for that character. That's no indicator that the show is going to branch out into nonsense like Tron or turn into Kingdom Hearts.

The most important thing is that all of the characters so far have been based on real world fairy tales, folklore and legend. AFAIK, none of the announced characters aren't based on real world tales either. I have no clue why people think anything is indicating there will be random, made up, Disney nonsense thrown in just to promote their properties.

Terrell

Sorry, Mulan is a Chinese legend (read: myth or fairy tale told against a human history backdrop), with no confirmation of her factual existence. The earliest known recording of her story was in a POEM, FFS.

SEASON 2 PROMO IMAGES ARE UP OH LAWDY SOMEONE UPDATE THE OP

Sorry, I'm having a lot of feels this evening. It's OUATIB syndrome

onceuponatime-03-660.jpg

Drama like no other.
Fantasy Soap Opera

I hope the arc of this season is Mulan taking Emma under her wing and turning her into a badass. Being the hero and all it was disappointing how she sat out both Wraith confrontations.

Average premier in my opinion. I'll echo what others have said and say I'm not sure where the show wants to go

Ohwiseone

So everyone was right. I am on 7 and boom.

Yeah from 7 on is some of the strongest stuff, I still say "skin deep" is a fantastic episode, even if it is a bit.. Blah at points.

The episodes written by jane espenson are some of the best.

I would love if Joss Whedon would write (or just direct) and episode of this, I think he would have a fun time with these characters.

JCreasy

This show was so corny to me in so many ways because I was comparing it to Fables.

Then I signed up for Hulu Plus, watched the whole season and now I'm hooked.

It's so weird.

The effects can be so cheesy but they pulled some interesting story twists that I really liked and now I'm a fan.

This show is my one true guilty pleasure.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Enjoyable first episode, Thought it did a decent job of setting up the new season. I didn't see the twist coming until it did, which was nice. I don't know why people are saying this is the worst episode yet, Dreamy was pretty bad. Hopefully the changes that the finale and this episode brought help to mi things up and keep it interesting.

For those people thinking that Captain Hook might be the big bad this season, bear in mind that Peter Pan might not be public domain, Great Ormand Street Hospital owns the rights in the EU (although there's been a few legal battles in the USA about it where the copyright law is different). It's the reason that characters from Peter Pan didn't appear in Fables as originally planned. Not sure what effect that might have (if any), and Disney has a precident for licensing the characters obviously, but still.

So scans are out there for Episode 5, entitled "The Doctor".

Dr. Whale is
Dr. Frankenstein
and apparently hails from
Halloween Town

We were all joking about Nightmare Before Christmas characters coming into the fray but it turns out we might not be far off from Jack the Pumpkin King (Ruby love interest perhaps? Since he's already dead, she can't hurt him and she'd fit right into Halloween Town). I knew Horowitz and the writers mentioned on numerous occasions that other worlds were effected by the curse but I thought they just meant Wonderland and Oz, not Halloween Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom