• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

Tamanon

Banned
With the recent batman GI cover rumour, i'm guessing it's rocksteady's new batman...which would be massively disappointing imo. why would that even be considered to be one of the most exciting in OPM history? It's batman...we've had 3 of them and they've gotten progressively worse.

Why would both magazines get the same game? Doesn't make sense in the magazine world.

With the recent batman GI cover rumour, i'm guessing it's rocksteady's new batman...which would be massively disappointing imo. why would that even be considered to be one of the most exciting in OPM history? It's batman...we've had 3 of them and they've gotten progressively worse.

It might still be Dino Crisis or Shenmue

daveo42

Banned
It's probably Uncharted based on some interesting info from the ND tease thread over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778475

Found something unrelated to this probably but quite interesting. This post says that there is a gaming event called Game Connection which is in San Francisco and the building it's being held in is none other than the "Sir Francis Drake Hotel"......hmmmm interesting may just be a coincidence......BUT then someone found out that naughty Dog will actually be there as an attendee. Hmmm......maybe not so much a coincidence anymore than it could actually be a "thing". Now, I know many of you think it's Doom or Batman, but when OPM or whatever the magazine is called, said a franchise was FINALLY coming to PS4 maybe it could be Uncharted. It would make sense with this event because the magazine is supposedley coming out on March 17th and the even goes from the 17th-19th of March. Could just be speculation but it could also be a piece in something more.

Links here:

http://still-stream-2287.herokuapp....-PS4-full-reveal-on-March-17-19/td-p/42735333

http://www.game-connection.com/gameconn/

http://ltm.game-connection.com/uplo...CEurope_2013/GC_Europe_2013_Attendee_list.pdf

Yep.

With the rumours circling about GTA V on next gen/PC I think its pretty safe to say it'll be this.

I'll be very surprised if it isn't.

Considering that we got a secret reveal of Doom 4 when they announced that Wolfenstein gets you beta access, I'll be very surprised if it's not Doom 4.

Are you kidding? Of course Doom is of massive significance.

I'd say Doom was a series of massive significance. Doom 3 didn't really do much for gaming and the franchise has more or less disappeared, with the exception of Doom 3 BFG. Not to mention Doom 4 would be more likely as a cover story for PC Gamer, since it's a franchise heavily rooted in PC gaming from the beginning.

Amir0x

Banned
I would grin at ShenMue 3 being made for a Sony platform because I think it would finally be the thing that allows the hardest of the hardcore SEGA fans to forgive Sony for the PlayStation 2 :p

Kyoufu

I would grin at ShenMue 3 being made for a Sony platform because I think it would finally be the thing that allows the hardest of the hardcore SEGA fans to forgive Sony for the PlayStation 2 :p

And the PS1.

It did destroy the Saturn after all.

Or it is the final ultimate betrayatron and proof that Sony was out to crush poor Sega just so they could get Shenmue on their inferior system
/s

Only if it concerns G'T'A'.

It still wouldn't make sense. They're saying that this is one of the most exciting covers they've ever had. They're going to achieve that with a port that basically everyone reading the magazines knows about in terms of what the missions and story are?

SnakeEyes

Banned
No, it means that I know you people better than you know yourselves. Shenmue Redux would kill this forum and every living thing within a 30 mile radius.
And you'd emerge from your bunker to find only the cockroaches left alive.

I swear to God though, if you bastards cause GAF to crash for more than 24hrs after a Shenmue announcement, I will be pissed :p

Kyoufu

I would buy and play a port of ME1 and ME2. Maybe even ME3 multiplayer mode.

But I would not get excited about it and I don't see why a magazine would try to hype it like this. Has to be something else.

Albo

Click on the banner below to visit the hub and keep track of our month of exclusive Batman: Arkham Knight content.

Read this on gameinformer. Could this mean the OPM reveal is something different from batman or is this just GI's way of saying stick with our coverage, we'll have more exclusive content?

Tagg9

Read this on gameinformer. Could this mean the OPM reveal is something different from batman or is this just GI's way of saying stick with our coverage, we'll have more exclusive content?

Could mean a) they're the only ones showing Arkham Knight or b) other outlets have different content from the game (thus GI's content is "exclusive"). Probably the former.

Paracelsus

I can safely say that unless it's something that involves SCEJ I am not interested.

They won't be rebooting Crash Bandicoot and I'm not interested in Naughty Dog if they keep going with Uncharted et similia.

Top Bottom