• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Batman, really? REALLY?

iN0ZUclbgbWpo.gif

ComputerFuckYou.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
you did this to yourself Gaf. Lets be honest. Its OPM.

If a Playstation Magazine hints towards a series of "massive significance" finally coming to PS4, all bets are off. Why the fuck would they even say that about Arkham? Don't get me wrong, I think the Arkham series are amazing but this is just fucking stupid.

DemonNite

If a Playstation Magazine hints towards a series of "massive significance" finally coming to PS4, all bets are off. Why the fuck would they even say that about Arkham? Don't get me wrong, I think the Arkham series are amazing but this is just fucking stupid.

So that people get excited and read their magazine :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I thought it might not be due to GI's usual exclusivity clause but, oh well. Glad I wasn't hoping for Shenmue, FFVII remake, or something :lol

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I thought it might not be due to GI's usual exclusivity clause but, oh well. Glad I wasn't hoping for Shenmue, FFVII remake, or something :lol

All I was hoping for was something we hadn't heard of yet. Teasing something that was already revealed and confirmed a week earlier (pretty much two when the magazine comes out) is lame.

SJRB

Gold Member
So that people get excited and read their magazine :)

Yeah, that's how it worked in 1995. And herein lies the fundamental flaw of oldschool media, I suppose. Now all they have is a group of pissed off potential customers and PSM themselves looking like complete fools with not one extra edition of their magazine sold. GG Playstation Magazine, you idiots.

Xenex

Glad I didn't let any hype build otherwise I would have been truly let down. Wish anyone trying to build hype would release some kind of preview to let the audience decide whether to be hype or not.

Freeman

Banned
Did this BS even help them sell more magazines? It likely just pissed people off.

In what world is it reasonable to say that is one of the most extincting cover in the history of that publication? They can't blame us for our expectation when they say something like that, fuck them.

Soodanim

Ha. Of course it was going to be a disappointment. The first page of the thread had so many guesses that surpassed Batman that it was never going to be any good.

Being on Gaf and looking at a magazine's hype seems like we're watching this little world where they don't have modern technology and thinking "Aww how cute, it reminds me of when we didn't have instant information either".

I know magazines still get exclusives

Gurish

You know what the most trollish, misleading word in that teaser?

When they said it's Finally confirmed for PS4, like it's a long gone franchise that we haven't seen for years that we all been waiting for making a return (like Crash) or maybe it's an entirely new franchise for the Playstation platform like Gears or Shenmue for example That Playstation fans never got to play but always wanted.

Not like it's fucking Batman that we already got to play last year on PS3!

This is really deceiving and shameful by them.

My condolences go out to all of the members and juniors who partook and also got suckered into the hype.
We will never forget this OPM.
Yeah we are, GAF gonna GAF.

Pistolero

It's always fascinating to see neogaf hype train crash and burn...to see the spectacle of disappointed members cursing outlets and their credulity alike. Only to get back a few days later and discover new threads about FF VII remakeaton, Shenmue resurrection and Crash ressucitation. A sort of self-inflicted and self-nurtured Sisyphus syndrom.

This is why I don't buy gaming magazines any more. Everything is a "world exclusive!" or "never before seen!" or "shocking something or other!" because they have to sell them from the shelves. Still, it's weird that the hint that started this thread was midway through the magazine.

it's all good fun guys. People expecting MAJOR megatons from OPM fell too much for the hype. if even at E3 we get so few crazy announcements, imagine from a magazine that it's not gameinformer?

How they can operate this way and think that it's not going to affect them is beyond me.

Scumbags.

Sends note to self to never ever buy said publication again, although the last time was @ 4 years ago...

Top Bottom