• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
CR9sAc2UsAAdUKY.jpg:large

LOL, that pic says it all really.

"I've made a huge mistake..."

shem935

Banned
You all are gonna be so embarrassed when Gowdy shows us those last 15 emails. The Benghazi secrets are written there, I know it. Just you wait, KILLARY!!!!!

Seriously, do we know what is in those emails? I mean, we get it, she missed them (or didn't I'm not sure). Big whoop. Unless there is some form of damning evidence in there I don't get the focus on them.

Besides grasping at straws.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Has anyone read the reactions from more conservative sites/forums to see what the thought is there?

killary lied we need more committees and hearings

isn't it a little TOO convenient they didn't find anything suspicious? that's pretty suspicious if you ask me

Has anyone read the reactions from more conservative sites/forums to see what the thought is there?

Moderates may or may not be swayed. The fringe/paranoid/birther conspiracy nuts of the right will likely continue thinking the same thing - but some of their ire might be aimed at the repubs once they realize that nothing was gained from this committee (although doubtful since Fox and what not are gonna try reporting some kind of victory regardless).

LOL!!

Repoter: Gowdy? have you learned anything from todays hearing?

Gowdy: uhhhhhhh.......Well..... I-I-I-I UHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........

you tax dollars hard at work!!!

Mecha

I thought it would be interesting to check out some right wing facebook reactions on this.

FfKh01k.png

It certainly was interesting.

Kenaras

Clinton's email to Chelsea was different than Susan Rice's statement to the media. This is the smoking gun, which proves Clinton is a pathological liar. Everything she has ever said is proven to be a lie, and she's unfit to be president. In fact, she's the most evil woman to ever live.

Democrats on the committee were despicable, spending their time playing politics by attacking their own committee and defending Clinton. This basically amounts to spitting on the graves of four American heroes. The Republicans on the committee were non-partisan seekers of truth, courageously pressing forward to find the answers despite Hillary's lies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Clinton's email to Chelsea was different than Susan Rice's statement to the media. This is the smoking gun, which proves Clinton is a pathological liar. Everything she has ever said is proven to be a lie, and she's unfit to be president. In fact, she's the most evil woman to ever live.

Democrats on the committee were despicable, spending their time playing politics by attacking their own committee and defending Clinton. This basically amounts to spitting on the graves of four American heroes. The Republicans on the committee were non-partisan seekers of truth, courageously pressing forward to find the answers despite Hillary's lies.

That's basically what Rush and Hannity will be saying tomorrow, LOL!

UberTag

As a registered republican in the south who has become more and more disgusted with the republican party as time goes on, this puts the nail in the coffin, voting for the Dem candidate next election. Not because of the shit show today or the shit show when they interrogated Planned Parenthood, but a culmination of their lack of well, anything of substance.
Voting Democrat next year is the best message disgruntled Republicans can take to show their distaste at the sorry state of the party.

Maybe they'll get a clue for once. Probably not, though.

What a disaster this week has been for right-wing politicians in North America. A deserved one at that.

Loudninja

Voting Democrat next year is the best message disgruntled Republicans can take to show their distaste at the sorry state of the party.

Maybe they'll get a clue for once. Probably not, though.

What a disaster this week has been for right-wing politicians in North America. A deserved one at that.
Nah they will never learn.

Wall

I can't believe some of you spent 11 hours watching that crap.

The party that controls both houses of congress and most state governments, ladies and gentlemen..................

Maybe voters will finally get sick of the Republicans and throw them out, but I doubt it. The big problem is not enough people vote.

UberTag

Well they are stuck now, if the party leaders try to go more moderate, the base stops them.

Especially since a lot of the base thinks the problem is the republican party isn't conservative enough.
If anything, your right-wing needs to revolt and split the Republicans in two in an effort to seize control from the base that is poised to drag it into an unelectable abyss of tea party yahoos.

I mean, you're not winning the next election anyhow. Might as well try to make something productive out of next year. Unless you want to forfeit 2020 now as well.

Maybe voters will finally get sick of the Republicans and throw them out, but I doubt it. The big problem is not enough people vote.
We've been tooting this horn for a while but Canada just had its largest voter turnout in 22 years.
Maybe the kids of the baby boomers are getting sick of hearing how apathetic they are about politics.

reckless

If anything, your right-wing needs to revolt and split the Republicans in two in an effort to seize control from the base that is poised to drag it into an unelectable abyss of tea party yahoos.

I mean, you're not winning the next election anyhow. Might as well try to make something productive out of next year. Unless you want to forfeit 2020 now as well.

Neither party is dumb enough to split, it guarantees the other party wins until the party merges back.

Our system guarantees two parties so the republican party will just have to keep devouring itself for a while.

Piecake

We've been tooting this horn for a while but Canada just had its largest voter turnout in 22 years.
Maybe the kids of the baby boomers are getting sick of hearing how apathetic they are about politics.

My guess is electoral and primary reform is more likely. No idea how likely it is, but it seems to be that the Republicans have a vested interest in nominating non-crazy candidates for the general election, and the only way that happens is through some sort of top-two, ranked voting, or massive primary reform.

That will weaken their dependence on the far right, limit the amount of crazy republicans that ruin their national brand, and weaken the need for their presidential candidates to lean super far to the right to get the nomination.

Koojay

Was this bizarre to anyone else?

We just watched a nearly 70 year old woman be interrogated for 11 hours on national television...

Thoughts?

rjinaz

Lol all this did was help create positive feelings towards Hilary. Way to go Republicans.

I know it must have sucked for her to sit there for 11 hours but this was probably the best thing to happen for her so far in her campaign. Well maybe Biden dropping out I guess, but still.

AM radio, drudge, the blaze, fox to a lesser extent etc...

Its easy for people to just live in their rightwing bubble.

I think you got the cause and effect wrong. Fox and drudge exist because these people WANT to hear the things they say, not because they showed up one day and convinced people to believe these things. It goes way deeper than that.

Not like dailykos and msnbc invented liberalism.

Loakum

Banned
They just solidified Hillary Clinton's upcoming Presidential election victory. What an 11 hours long witch hunt! Hillary maintains her cool throughout while the committee lead is seating buckets. I gotta admit I got the "chills" when Hillary said, "I'm here because I said I would be here." whoa! Where was this Clinton in the previous presidential election?

rjinaz

AM radio, drudge, the blaze, fox to a lesser extent etc...

Its easy for people to just live in their rightwing bubble.

Was listening to conservative radio on my way to McDonald's and the host sounded so angry like Hilary had personally killed one of his family members. People were calling in almost in tears because this criminal is getting away with it.

Yeah it's pretty sad.

rjinaz

I think you got the cause and effect wrong. Fox and drudge exist because these people WANT to hear the things they say, not because they showed up one day and convinced people to believe these things. It goes way deeper than that.

Well sure, yes those people exist but Fox and Drudge feed them and make them even more hungry and also spread it to a wider audience. Their whole stick is hate. Some people love to hate. Makes them feel better about their own lives if they can hate other people.

reckless

They definitely made people have a lot more extreme positions. I've seen plenty of people go from being conservative (but moderate) to these type of people where Hillary is literally the devil.

The level of hate can definitely be at least somewhat attributed to right wing media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom