• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

I did nothing with radio or mirror and didn't see the ghost when I beat it *shrugs*

This is so confusing. And we know people can beat it without finishing the picture puzzle

Maybe we need to look at data related to the players themselves? IDK. How many metal gear games are on your trophy/achievement list? idk

Cudder

I think we can do this. So what do we know so far about the last puzzle? (Correct if I am wrong)

-There is something with the radio
-2 baby giggles come before a phone ring
-There is something with the mirror
-Ghost can possess or kill you
-There is a way to consistently see the ghost
-Clock can actually hit midnight
-You can change the color of flashlight

Am I missing something or get anything wrong?

It could have nothing to do with any of these and there's a script running behind the scenes that just monitors how the character moves through the environment. Moving through the hallway in a certain manner/movement pattern could trigger it.

XaosWolf

Time to watch all videos and see what people did? There has to be one major pattern, and sound bites are the most common thing I can think of.

There must be more to this crying baby.

There seems to be three different radio sounds:

- Woman moaning
- Woman sobbing
- Baby noises

Things that aren't required:
- Picture pieces
- Possession
- Picture of river
- Certain flashlight colour
- Blank clock

Unsure of:
- Seeing the ghost
- Being killed
- Avoiding ghost X number of times
- Numbers (Including 7780)
- Any object besides the Phone

This is so confusing. And we know people can beat it without finishing the picture puzzle

Maybe we need to look at data related to the players themselves? IDK. How many metal gear games are on your trophy/achievement list? idk
Yeah I still had one piece missing of the puzzle. I have no MGS games or Silent Hill games on my trophy list either lol

vypek

It could have nothing to do with any of these and there's a script running behind the scenes that just monitors how the character moves through the environment. Moving through the hallway in a certain manner/movement pattern could trigger it.

Yeah, that could be it.

Yeah I still had one piece missing of the puzzle. I have no MGS games or Silent Hill games on my trophy list either lol

lol. I just have no idea. This is so hard. I don't even like horror games but I want to solve this puzzle

Get_crazy

Banned

- Woman moaning
- Woman sobbing
- Baby noises

- Picture pieces
- Possession
- Picture of river
- Blank clock

Unsure of:
- Seeing the ghost
- Being killed
- Numbers (Including 7780)

You sure the blank clock isn't required?

cchum

XaosWolf sequence:

bottom of stairs, phone (zoom), clock, torn photo, clock (until she disappears), phone (zoomed), mirror (zoomed a couple of minutes), paused for a couple minutes at mirror, hell phrase zoom and painting, hole picture (seconds), radio and keys zoom (seconds), zoom on radio for several seconds while she appeared and morse code sound, hole photo zoomed, mirror zoomed (she appears with morse code), radio zoomed, phone and baby crys, radio zoomed (morse code noise), photo zoomed, radio zoomed until she disappears,
clock and photo (she appears with morse code noise), baby cries, phone zoomed and rings,

It's either appearance based or like the photo says: You have to see her in the mirror, then go try to hear in the radio. First baby noise. Go trigger her again near the clock and wait. Go to the phone.

Other conditions: white flashlight (I had yellow), picture not complete (same as me), I saw her in the mirror too, think I stared at the radio and clock too,

SexyFish

Banned

- Woman moaning
- Woman sobbing
- Baby noises

- Picture pieces
- Possession
- Picture of river
- Blank clock

Unsure of:
- Seeing the ghost
- Being killed
So I've noticed during my time at the last section I'm getting repeated backwards demonic voices and no baby noises. Any ideas about that?

Pretty sure multiple times i beat it, the KEY thing was getting possessed by the ghost so that when you stop you can hear her breathing next to you. It must be a combination of going through and looking at all the photos and objects around the area. (better to look at them all since we dont know which ones are key for getting the phone to ring) My theory, now that you and the ghost are one, you have to show her all things in the area to get her to let you go. Therefore, the phone beginning to ring.

Not sure if the giggles matter, but replaying a few times they have appeared in different areas or times.

EDIT: I believe possession is required. It's just that some people who beat it didn't realize they were possessed since sometimes it happens when you turn a corner quickly or when the ghost is behind you.

EDIT: Also, I believe being killed once is key. It seems to be a major trigger that has you waking in the room with the talking bag and moving you to the final section.

EL CUCO

Ok passed all the different color flashlight sections. Now I'm stuck with all the lights off w regular flashlight. Keep looping going down stairs and hearing a bell.

Duallusion

The only interesting thing I managed to replicate three times by now (not always though) is getting (first) baby laugh at exact moment I tried to go back through the doors I came in. Always after the bells and I can confirm it doesn't matter if you're possessed or not.

XaosWolf

You sure the blank clock isn't required?

Absolutely. never even saw a blank clock. Always 23:59 or 0:00

So I've noticed during my time at the last section I'm getting repeated backwards demonic voices and no baby noises. Any ideas about that?

No idea. Don't remember hearing that in the final area. =O

XaosWolf sequence:

bottom of stairs, phone (zoom), clock, torn photo, clock (until she disappears), phone (zoomed), mirror (zoomed a couple of minutes), paused for a couple minutes at mirror, hell phrase zoom and painting, hole picture (seconds), radio and keys zoom (seconds), zoom on radio for several seconds while she appeared and morse code sound, hole photo zoomed, mirror zoomed (she appears with morse code), radio zoomed, phone and baby crys, radio zoomed (morse code noise), photo zoomed, radio zoomed until she disappears,
clock and photo (she appears with morse code noise), baby cries, phone zoomed and rings,

It's either appearance based or like the photo says: You have to see her in the mirror, then go try to hear in the radio. First baby noise. Go trigger her again near the clock and wait. Go to the phone.

Other conditions: white flashlight (I had yellow), picture not complete (same as me), I saw her in the mirror too, think I stared at the radio and clock too,

Thanks, cchum. =D

Pretty sure multiple times i beat it, the KEY thing was getting possessed by the ghost so that when you stop you can hear her breathing next to you. It must be a combination of going through and looking at all the photos and objects around the area. (better to look at them all since we dont know which ones are key for getting the phone to ring) My theory, now that you and the ghost are one, you have to show her all things in the area to get her to let you go. Therefore, the phone beginning to ring.

EDIT: Also, I believe being killed once is key. It seems to be a major trigger that has you waking in the room with the talking bag and moving you to the final section.

I don't think possession is required. I was certainly not possessed both times I completed it.

Being killed may be a factor. I couldn't get a second giggle on my third run, and that is the only difference between that and my first 2 runs.

what's with the 204863 number? Anywhere to plug that in?

It's got to mean something. Seems a bit too standout to just be on a whim.
Then again, Kojima. =/

The only interesting thing I managed to replicate three times by now (not always though) is getting (first) baby laugh at exact moment I tried to go back through the doors I came in. Always after the bells and I can confirm it doesn't matter if you're possessed or not.

Thanks, Duallusion. If it's replicable on other systems, then that's a great start. =D

From a project management point of view, how much time, people, planning and money do you think is necessary to publish P.T.? Seems like a lot of resources for just a teaser.

SexyFish

Banned
If the final Silent Hills game is as confusing as this, I'm not sure I'll actually buy it :-/

Kojima said that the final puzzle was intentionally difficult. He expected it to be at least a week before people figured it out. (But it seems people actually haven't figured it out and just accidentally stumbled onto it.)

I am stuck, I keep running around the looping red hallway and nothings happening. I went into the bathroom but nothing happened there as well, what do I do?

IrishNinja

hnnnghhh tried again with my girl's account, had a differnet experience entirely:

- saw the lady this time! no possessing for a while though
- 3 baby cries!! kept looping, nearly the same spot (wait till midnight by the clock, go back around the plant)
- then i got killed
- 1 baby cry since, same area but no phone call

got 3 pieces (saw a weird screen with writing on each side once) but guess ill go hunt the others now
gonna keep looping and hoping...fuck you kojimas

Riptwo

Does anyone have a collection of the random text that pops up? It seems to pop up at the most random moments. I saw one that mentioned something about holding hands and being still or something. The rest were in German, Japanese, and who knows how many other languages. Screenshots would be great if anyone has them.

SexyFish

Banned
I am stuck, I keep running around the looping red hallway and nothings happening. I went into the bathroom but nothing happened there as well, what do I do?

Hallway with eyes?

Look for a painting on the ground. Find the hole in the wall and stare through. Make sure to stare the entire time until the scene ends.

I've heard Hideo's b-day.

Which is 24 August, 1963

The zero added.

Makes sense. Could have been 240863 also (isn't that how non Americans write it, ddmmyy). Heard it on the radio, then it was repeated a bunch during the crash/yellow screen part. I ran to look for a pen and may have wrote it down wrong.

SkylineRKR

Makes sense. Could have been 240863 also (isn't that how non Americans write it, ddmmyy). Heard it on the radio, then it was repeated a bunch during the crash/yellow screen part. I ran to look for a pen and may have wrote it down wrong.

Yeah we write it that way.

But I do think its 204863. Perhaps for not making it too obvious. Or its something else but its awfully close to his bday digits. Its completely in there.

In one of the hallways, there is a small peephole that lets you look into the bathroom. R3 to zoom into it and listen for a minute or two.

Afrocious

Can someone post a video or gif of the possession? This never happened to me. I'm guessing the possession is not when she 'kills' you, right?

Wanchan

Does anyone have a collection of the random text that pops up? It seems to pop up at the most random moments. I saw one that mentioned something about holding hands and being still or something. The rest were in German, Japanese, and who knows how many other languages. Screenshots would be great if anyone has them.

Sadly no, but there's probably lots of clues in there.

XaosWolf

So, if you died before the final segment, you won't get the ending?

Quite possibly the opposite. You may have to die at some point.

Can someone post a video or gif of the possession? This never happened to me. I'm guessing the possession is not when she 'kills' you, right?

It's just when she sees you and rushes you. Then you can hear the usual radio noise constantly, and she may kill you randomly until you loop and reset everything.

Hedgey

Here's my video of the final puzzle: http://youtu.be/YbVg4RUqgyE
Hopefully it helps someone out. I'm thinking that each time you play the game, you get a different set of possible "hallways", with a correct order of operation in each one. However, I don't know what other objects can trigger the phone call, only the radio, phone, and clock. If you do end up getting the green light hallway, be sure to try and recreate what I did in that video.

Cudder

Here's my video of the final puzzle: http://youtu.be/YbVg4RUqgyE
Hopefully it helps someone out. I'm thinking that each time you play the game, you get a different set of possible "hallways", with a correct order of operation in each one. However, I don't know what other objects can trigger the phone call, only the radio, phone, and clock. If you do end up getting the green light hallway, be sure to try and recreate what I did in that video.

That's a good theory. You can loop the hallway an infinite number of times, so there's probably a specific pattern that must be followed for each different hallway. Most people loop and then try to do the exact same thing that they tried previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom