• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
PAUSING matters. I was not getting this at all. First giggle 10-step was always fine. Tried following her haunts around with a mic and no luck. Left it paused while aimed at the mirror for like an hour with the mic plugged in. Came back and as soon as I unpaused, the phone was ringing.

So cool to finish it. The trailer oozes with Kojima cinematic game genius. Thanks guys.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nope, it's just not happening for me. It's been fucking ages now...

PAUSING matters. I was not getting this at all. First giggle 10-step was always fine. Tried following her haunts around with a mic and no luck. Left it paused while aimed at the mirror for like an hour. Came back and as soon as I unpaused, the phone was ringing.

So cool to finish it. The trailer oozes with Kojima cinematic game genius. Thanks guys.

I've seen people complete it loads of times on streams, and none have paused. Probably just a fluke in your case.

glottis8

Banned
Where? haha!

http://www.cnet.com/news/p-t-is-pure-video-game-marketing-genius/

It turns out my gameplay experience was not atypical. A quick scouring of the Internet led me to a gaming forum I often browse, only to find a 60-plus page thread with over 384,000 views (as of this writing). It was filled with players in the same situation as me: stuck, scared and desperately seeking answers that explained just what the hell was going on.

djshauny

Banned
This is how I finished it. Mic plugged in and all. Didnt complete the picture either. Hope this works for somebody else.

EDIT

Audio issues.

ill render again and upload.

cchum

Ok....strangest triggers. Tried the gametrailers one execpt for being possessed which happened towards the end. Triggered second baby cry near front door somehow and felt vibrations. Can't get third now. It's not walking distance is it. triggered after reading photo and two phrases then walking back to front door.

PAUSING matters. I was not getting this at all. First giggle 10-step was always fine. Tried following her haunts around with a mic and no luck. Left it paused while aimed at the mirror for like an hour with the mic plugged in. Came back and as soon as I unpaused, the phone was ringing.

Matters to you and some, does not to others. That is the thing! =)

Grats on completing it! What a satisfying feeling, huh?

DOWN

Banned
Ok....strangest triggers. Tried the gametrailers one execpt for being possessed which happened towards the end. Triggered second baby cry near front door somehow and felt vibrations. Can't get third now. It's not walking distance is it. triggered after reading photo and two phrases then walking back to front door.

DONT MOVE ONCE THE SECOND GIGGLE STARTS. Don't touch the controller till the phone rings.

Matters to you! Does not to others. That is the thing! =)

I didn't say it's the only way, just that the game is aware of itself when paused. Like it does count time or something.

But yeah, not a horror fan at all but I'm so into this marketing and reboot now.

Finally finished it. After the first giggle, which pretty much as explained several times in the thread, I was standing in several of the mentioned spots during the hautings (wasn't possesed) and then ended up at the loop entrance door, where I paused the game and read in this forum. Suddently got the 2nd giggle, the the thrid, thr vibration and the phone call.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Fine, pausing I guess...

But seriously. That guy on the steam yesterday completed this shit 10 times in a row. I can't complete it ONCE, and I'm not doing anything all that different. So fucked up.

I didn't say it's the only way, just that the game is aware of itself when paused. Like it does count time or something.

Yea I agree about the awareness while paused! But how do you know it would have not happened if you did the exact same thing without the game being paused? Maybe the phone would have start ringing (like it started but you did not hear because the game was paused). Not sure if I am clear. That's the whole magic of this thing.

Andrew.

Banned
Im gonna be downloading this tonight. Should I not be wearing headphones because of the mic inclusion on the controller or what?

Never finished it in the 5 times I tried on my own and as soon as I streamed it (with mic and cam) I finished it first try right after the bells rang.

What I did in case it's repeatable:

-Wait for bells by the phone looking down the hallway towards the front door.
- When the bells stopped I walked down that hall to the radio to get the first baby laugh
- The woman's sound came from the bathroom after this so I went and stared into the mirror with the woman floating in the bath behind me and the baby laughed again during this. Before the woman disappeared.
- My controller started to vibrate and the baby laughed again while I stood still in the same spot and the woman vanished
-Phone rang and ending

Like I said I'm not sure if it's gonna be the same for everyone cos the lady showing up seems random but that's exactly what happened for me

Im gonna be downloading this tonight. Should I not be wearing headphones because of the mic inclusion on the controller or what?

We just don't know anything for sure yet, just that people stopping in certain key spot(front of the phone as an example) with a mic on seems to get it more easily.

Andrew.

Banned
Thanks for the quick responses. Guess Ill be trying both and seeing what happens!

Im pretty excited. Only learned about this today. Havent played a Silent Hill since the original, but Kojima and Del Toro? Uh, fuck yes all over my face.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why doesn't Kojima just tell us the secret? It's pretty obvious nobody is gonna figure out the true answer, it seems to happen differently for everyone. Stop being an asshole, Kojima.

Kubr1ck

Neo Member
I finally got through, the second giggle seemed totally random, I've no idea what triggered it.

One thing I did notice though, when the phone rang I couldn't figure out how to answer it. I did the obligatory button mash, but got nothing. I said hello and it answered straight away. Maybe that's why you need the mic? Possibly others have not spoken but their camera or their headset picked up some ambient sounds (god knows I pick up plenty of ambient sound from people's mics playing online).

Shin-Ra

There's one peculiarity with the shadow casting, some objects like picture frames cast a flashlight shadow in one direction but not the other.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Imagine the fun you could have sneaking into a room where someone had that on their head... oh the possibilities...
Ohhhh yessss muahaha. I fear for the health of my family/friends if they ever tried it with Morpheus cause of the shit I would do.
I would die. And I get the feeling this was sorta developed with Morpheus in mind. Imagine having to lean forward instead of R3. There would literally be heart attacks.
Yup, the first person view definitely made me think of Morpheus in mind instantly and the way the camera swayed and stuff. The tension and intensity would be x 100 though with that headset. I don't even know if I would play the whole game like that lmao.

DOWN

Banned
Yea I agree about the awareness while paused! But how do you know it would have not happened if you did the exact same thing without the game being paused? Maybe the phone would have start ringing (like it started but you did not hear because the game was paused). Not sure if I am clear. That's the whole magic of this thing.

Okay, let me be clearer. Paused time matters. As in you are allowed to pause and it still means you're in the game. Not necessary in my opinion, just that your play time when paused still matters and letting it sit there passed the right amount of time for me.

cchum

I finally got through, the second giggle seemed totally random, I've no idea what triggered it.

One thing I did notice though, when the phone rang I couldn't figure out how to answer it. I did the obligatory button mash, but got nothing. I said hello and it answered straight away. Maybe that's why you need the mic? Possibly others have not spoken but their camera or their headset picked up some ambient sounds (god knows I pick up plenty of ambient sound from people's mics playing online).

Don't think I said "hello". Think I just zoomed on it. So far my triggers are: 2 in the bathroom (one when she was in there and I turned, the other just standing there), 1 at the beginning doorway after glancing at photo and two phrases. One not touching controller, one looking around, and one moving.
We're definately missing something lol.

majik13

There's one peculiarity with the shadow casting, some objects like picture frames cast a flashlight shadow in one direction but not the other.

yeah i noticed this with the hanging lights as well. It might be only because the light is to the left of the first person view, so the shadow will always be casting to the right? if its the same thing I think you are describing.

Okay, let me be clearer. Paused time matters. As in you are allowed to pause and it still means you're in the game. Not necessary in my opinion, just that your play time when paused still matters and letting it sit there passed the right amount of time for me.

Haha ok we think the same! =)

The mic trick worked for me. 1st giggle with 10 steps, second giggle at the radio after I yelled HELLO during a haunting. I did play a few times before with no mic and only got the first giggle. Some say you just have to have a mic plugged in and stand at one of the spawn points during the haunting, i.e. the phone, radio, mirror, exit door to the loop.

cchum

I'm going to keep this paused until 6 pm to see if it's time based. maybe the 0:00 signifies there has to be no minutes on the clock.

majik13

I think there are certain requirements but the chance of those happening are random. Seen as triggering the baby giggle walking down the hall always seems to work.

You just gotta keep looping and hope that the specific criteria show up, whatever they actually are

well yeah some steps seem to work for everyone, but the last steps seem completly random, but maybe I dunno.

Noble

Neo Member
Light was on if this matters.

Ten steps, giggle. Wander around to the hotspots nothing. I was in a hotspot and paused (I had a mic plugged in too if that helps), and as soon as I paused got the second giggle.

Unpaused. third giggle, phone rings. I'm standing right there I answer it. You've been chosen. Door unlock sound.

Walk to front door. I bump into it and can't get out. Tried clicking R3, tried pushing X. Nada.

What am I doing wrong?

cchum

Light was on if this matters.

Ten steps, giggle. Wander around to the hotspots nothing. I was in a hotspot and paused (I had a mic plugged in too if that helps), and as soon as I paused got the second giggle.

Unpaused. third giggle, phone rings. I'm standing right there I answer it. You've been chosen. Door unlock sound.

Walk to front door. I bump into it and can't get out. Tried clicking R3, tried pushing X. Nada.

What am I doing wrong?

loop. You're done

Once again, for people new to this thread, to trigger the 2nd set of giggles after doing the 10 steps and getting the first giggle, you need to go to and stand in one of the four "haunting" spots.

1. The phone
2. The radio
3. Bathroom mirror
4. Entrance doorway in the first hall

These are randomized for your playthrough, so if you stand at one and it doesn't work, move to the next one, then the next. Repeat until you hear a second set of giggling, then DO NOT MOVE. After a while the controller will vibrate and you'll hear a 3rd giggle, then the phone will ring. Go answer and boom, done. It appears the mic SHOULD be plugged in for this to work, but it doesnt seem necessary to actually speak works into it.

Thanks, I'll try this again today.

For me, here is what happened yesterday.
1. never put the picture together because I didn't know you were supposed to.
2. never saw the flashlight change colors
3. never saw the ghost, ever.. 3 hours in.
4. when the screen does the glitch thing I got a white page with english text, not yellow or any other color with any other language. Didn't have time to read it.
5. got stuck in super speed hallway
6. came online and learned to get the puzzle pieces and how to get out of the hallway.
7. tried many many many many times to get a second baby cry but never got it.
8. still haven't ever, not once, seen the ghost.
9. tried microphone, and many other suggestions, for another 2 hours or so, nothing.

*I'm thinking it has to do with me never seeing this ghost girl. possibly a glitch or something i missed never caused her to show up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Mic works.

/thread.

After over 6 hours I did in minutes.

Mic doesn't work.

/thread

After many hours it still doesn't work even though I'm now using a microphone.

See what I did there?

The mic trick worked for me. 1st giggle with 10 steps, second giggle at the radio after I yelled HELLO during a haunting. I did play a few times before with no mic and only got the first giggle. Some say you just have to have a mic plugged in and stand at one of the spawn points during the haunting, i.e. the phone, radio, mirror, exit door to the loop.

I've done this SO MANY TIMES now, and nothing. So it's definitely not that simple.

yep, there is also a glitch in the bathroom mirror, at least sometimes not all. when your in the speed hall way and go in the bathroom. Look in the mirror and zoom in and the mirror stops reflecting.

Also, when in the speed hallway section. where you angle the camera determines what you hear. If you stand still in a corner and slowly turn the camera up and to the side sounds change.

damstr

Neo Member
Do you have to put the picture back together? I'm at the point where I'm in the endless loop where you walk really fast but fear I'm wasting my time since I never put the photo back together.

vypek

Mic doesn't work.

/thread

See what I did there?

I've done this SO MANY TIMES now, and nothing. So it's definitely not that simple.

Your mic is definitely working, right? Haven't tried the mic trick myself.

Do you have to put the picture back together? I'm at the point where I'm in the endless loop where you walk really fast but fear I'm wasting my time since I never put the photo back together.

People have completed it without putting the photo back together

damstr

Neo Member
Ok. Well im in the endless loop and and stood in all 4 spots for awhile now and haven't gotten the first giggle. Don't even hear the ghost lady. I have a mic and keep saying "hello Lisa" but get nothing.

ethomaz

Banned
Mic doesn't work.

/thread

See what I did there?

I always got one giggle and with mic I got the second before the phone and the third... so it works to trigger the giggle needed to beat this dam game.

Now I can do every time... already third time... after the mic trigger everything is easy.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok. Well im in the endless loop and and stood in all 4 spots for awhile now and haven't gotten the first giggle. Don't even hear the ghost lady. I have a mic and keep saying "hello Lisa" but get nothing.

The first giggle is easy. Just go to the phone when you first enter a new loop, wait for the bells and the creepy music and ghost sounds to go away, and then take 10 steps toward the radio. Then you're on your own from there.

I always got one giggle and with mic I got the second before the phone and the third... so it works to trigger the giggle needed to beat this dam game.

Now I can do every time... already third time... after the mic trigger everything is easy.

It works, it's easy, yada-yada... For you, perhaps. Not for me, clearly. I've been trying with the mic for a few hours now. Simply doesn't happen. DAMN IT ALL!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well this is weird. So many people found success with the mic that I thought it was legitimate. Maybe close the application and start again to get back into it. Do you at least get the giggle using the 10 steps?

Already tried restarting it, still nothing. Thinking of deleting my save file and replaying the whole damn thing now. Yeah, I do get the first giggle easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom