• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 (360/PS3/PC, Summer 2013) announced, first trailer/screenshots/details

The game director is David Goldfarb, the lead designer of Battlefield 3 and Bad Company 2.

I might get it for him but I hope those videos were on easy. You don't seem to take enough damage. You are literally walking up to police and shooting them in those videos.

Are there any driving sections?

DocSeuss

The first game is one if the finest, most awesome games I've had the pleasure of playing. There's so much STUFF in it, and the more you play, the better you get, and the more you learn. Playing with a good team at higher levels that works together is truly fun. I wish I could play a lot more than I already have. I'm only level 70 or so.

There were weaknesses--the stealth in Diamond Heist being the most obvious one, as well as achievements that could only be earned by being a bad or unfortunate player--but overall, it's superb.

First one was a great concept but very flawed in its execution. Hopefully this one is improved. Dynamic (random) events and geometry should help a lot. Also I hope the weapon upgrade system makes more sense.

The first game had a ton of dynamic stuff going on, including events.

The upgrade system was "pick a skill path, and all XP you earn moves you on that path." You can change it on the fly.

Payday was ok, but I found it had very little re-playability. Once you've played through each mission there's no surprises left. I hope they can somehow make the sequel more re-playable, or it will be a bargain bin purchase, if that for me.

derExperte

Payday was ok, but I found it had very little re-playability. Once you've played through each mission there's no surprises left.

Nope, some aspects change randomly and the higher difficulties are no cakewalk, leveling up is essential. Also there a different ways you can solve a few of the levels like the L4D one. I played it almost 80hrs in a very short time span before it started to get boring. So yeah, P2 is maybe my most anticipated game of 2013, just give me more of the same (which it looks like) and I'm happy.

kassatsu

Banned
Payday was ok, but I found it had very little re-playability. Once you've played through each mission there's no surprises left. I hope they can somehow make the sequel more re-playable, or it will be a bargain bin purchase, if that for me.

Huh. I think I have well over 100hrs played and it always felt fresh.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Huh. I think I have well over 100hrs played and it always felt fresh.

Yep. Even at 90 hours, my group was still being surprised by new content, however small it may have been. Overkill constantly threw in new events and level changes to make the old levels fresh. It was almost impossible how much stuff they crammed in there.

derExperte

I missed out on the first one because of the spate of dead multiplayer games that preceded it. I won't be missing this one, every time it comes up now it sounds like another Killing Floor.

Heh, the only Steam game I played more than PD is KF. :) I'm mostly terrible at competitive shooters so I stick to coop.

kassatsu

Banned
Hopefully it has a Platinum. Will look real nice next to this on my PSN profile

oBJ9fXI.jpg

AznSniper

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/24/payday-2-take-a-walk-on-the-wild-side/

WHAT ABOUT SONY?

Payday: The Heist launched in October 2011 on PC and PlayStation 3. The PC release is “by far” the most successful version, but Sony made quite a fuss about having a console exclusive on the co-op title, offering various promotions. Sequel Payday 2 is headed to Xbox 360 as well, but Goldfarb hinted that Overkill’s earlier partners will enjoy some sort of special arrangement.

“Our relationship with Valve and Steam has been (and continues to be) really amazing, and we have some incredibly exciting stuff with them in the pipeline that we of course can’t talk about yet,” he said. “That said, our relationship with Sony and Payday 2 is also awesome, and we uh, can’t talk about that either. The good news is that soon we can shed some light on all this darkness.”

The Steam version will still be the most successful of course.

Top Bottom