• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Yeah, it sounded to me too and it would be quite fitting for Samaritan to do something like that. Plus, it would explain why Team Machine wasn't really bothered by it so far - Samaritan isn't going to make half baked tries to solve it's own mystery. It's preparing to solve it in full force since the beginning.

danielcw

Did they say when her parents died?
Samaritan is just a few months old by now.

Root and some hackers wrote a backdoor right into Samaritans core system that keeps it from identifying the three hackers and the team. The very moment it spots them their normal profiles get overwritten with their fake ones that pose no threat to national security or to Samaritan.

Thank you.
I assume that happens in the season finale, or close to it?
I will reach that in about 7 weeks.

Wiktor

Damn, another great episode. I get a feeling most of this season's numbers will be relevant to Machine vs Samaritan struggle.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The show is getting so grim and dark that I wouldnt have been surprised if Claire got straight up killed in that rooftop scene. The whole thing with Samaritan hacking into Finch's computer swift and fast was creepy as fuck. The fact that there's an invisible monster always watching and listening, although it was always like this at least with the machine it never felt so threatening. Damn, this show...

Also I thought the cinematography in this episode was excellent, the show to me looks so good. Love the shot of the stairs and the skyline in the rooftop scene.

The show is getting so grim and dark that I wouldnt have been surprised if Claire got straight up killed in that rooftop scene. The whole thing with Samaritan hacking into Finch's computer swift and fast was creepy as fuck. The fact that there's an invisible monster always watching and listening, although it was always like this at least with the machine it never felt so threatening. Damn, this show...

Also I thought the cinematography in this episode was excellent, the show to me looks so good. Love the shot of the stairs and the skyline in the rooftop scene.

I was genuinely scared that Claire was gonna die... and then I thought Reese rescued her... then my mind was full of fuck at the Samaritan phone.

ALSO! The Nautilus puzzles are based on a real mysterious weird thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
POI was up a bit in the ratings, back in a solid 2nd place. Stupid Chicago Fire and it's Voice lead in. NCIS is a horrible lead-in for POI. Entirely separate types of shows. ABC's Forever lost about 28% of it's viewers from last week.

Tamanon

Banned
It's funny, Root's personality seems like it would be absolutely perfect to work for Samaritan. Especially how much she treats the Machine like a Goddess.

It's funny, Root's personality seems like it would be absolutely perfect to work for Samaritan. Especially how much she treats the Machine like a Goddess.

No! Root's too sexy to work for Samaritan! The Machine is the original!

Actually, Claire seemed very similar to Root, so I can see why Samaritan would want her. Someone whose entire life's purpose is deigned by a machine.

Good episode.

I wonder what's up with getting so little Root. Acker on another show or something?
its the same as last season we had episodes where she was absent or only had a few small scenes but when she did come back it would be in a big way.

Hence why Samaritan sought out its own Root. Root even pointed out the similarities between her and Claire.

Patryn

Jesus, this apparently sweet child is now going to become a heartless killer.

And this has happened 27 times over time. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Samaritan who killed her parents considering it was last thanksgiving.

I thought it hadn't happened 27 times thus far. I swear I heard it had only happened twice prior to this (in Istanbul and somewhere else, I forget).

It's happening every 27 days.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Think about it, Greer/Decima even bluntly asked Root to join with them, back when she used Bear to track Greer in the subway.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it hadn't happened 27 times thus far. I swear I heard it had only happened twice prior to this (in Istanbul and somewhere else, I forget).

It's happening every 27 days.

Oh yeah, every 27 days. Knew what I said was kind of strange.

Chariot

No! Root's too sexy to work for Samaritan! The Machine is the original!

Actually, Claire seemed very similar to Root, so I can see why Samaritan would want her. Someone whose entire life's purpose is deigned by a machine.
I actually think that Claire is inferior to Root, since she seems to lack a lot of secondary skills. She is extremely sloppy, not even close to understanding that she is hunted so closely and clear lack in social interaction. Root would at least tried to smooth talk herself out of the situation or even actively trying to continue with TeamMachine as guards.
Root made her own path to the Machine, Claire needed to follow the path that someone set beforehand.

Tugatrix

Claire turned samaritan asset, also what would be the interest of Samaritan on PMC's can Samaritan hack their info?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Claire turned samaritan asset, also what would be the interest of Samaritan on PMC's can Samaritan hack their info?

Samaritan only cares when there's an operational conflict against it, getting rid of any competitors. In this case, the PMC was working on a criminal detection and clasification system that would directly compete with it.

Not only Claire got into Samaritan's deep web of assets, but she also helped get documents that Samaritan wasn't able to access by itself to get that PMC closen down.

Tugatrix

Samaritan only cares when there's an operational conflict against it, getting rid of any competitors. In this case, the PMC was working on a criminal detection and clasification system that would directly compete with it.

Not only Claire got into Samaritan's deep web of assets, but she also helped get documents that Samaritan wasn't able to access by itself to get that PMC closen down.

That's my beef with this plot, a kid hacked the PMC's but the all powerfull Samaritan couldn't?

Chariot

Or maybe it could, but since it's fighting terrorism and at the same time working on it's own project of killing every other A.I. I guess it just didn't need to, if it could just use assets and potential assets for this. Two birds with one stone.

Error

That's my beef with this plot, a kid hacked the PMC's but the all powerfull Samaritan couldn't?

Samaritan can't have people asking question about who hacked into their system and stole those documents, if Finch was able to deduce that the game was Samaritan then the computer whizzes of that company would've come to the same conclusion (albeit they don't know about Samaritan but they would've come to the conclusion that something is not right) and start asking questions and that's unnecessary attention, so Samaritan uses Claire to hack into the database of that company to steal the documents, no one will trace that back to Samaritan.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
And who knows, maybe she needed direct access to a server or something. There was quite a bit of the game we didn't see.

I actually think that Claire is inferior to Root, since she seems to lack a lot of secondary skills. She is extremely sloppy, not even close to understanding that she is hunted so closely and clear lack in social interaction. Root would at least tried to smooth talk herself out of the situation or even actively trying to continue with TeamMachine as guards.
Root made her own path to the Machine, Claire needed to follow the path that someone set beforehand.

Excellent point

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
She's still just a kid. Samaritan will probably train her in all kinds of things. She will become Root in no time.

Apoc29

Did the Machine want the team to save Claire from getting involved with Samaritan, or were they enlisted to help her win the game? They made a point about the Machine letting people make their own decisions...maybe it (she?) thinks Claire can be an asset while working for the bad guys.

I really do hope Samaritan is just creating its own team to rival Machine...they should cast John C. Reilly as Bizarro Fusco. The only way to fight a bumbling cop is with another bumbling cop.

BokehKing

Banned
One of the podcast long theories, was that all or most of the numbers, were people that would be able to help, to "stop something" in the future. Maybe that's more likely what is happening now.
Are we talking about a podcast other than 'podcast of interest'??

Yeah thats what I noted. She lacks any social clues and Root was more than capable of coming up with plans and operating without the machine. Root is more physically and socially adept. She had prior experience to operating without a machine guiding her every move. Meanwhile Claire doesn't seem to possess that. If it wasnt for the team she would've been dead long ago.

Did the Machine want the team to save Claire from getting involved with Samaritan, or were they enlisted to help her win the game? They made a point about the Machine letting people make their own decisions...maybe it (she?) thinks Claire can be an asset while working for the bad guys.

I really do hope Samaritan is just creating its own team to rival Machine...they should cast John C. Reilly as Bizarro Fusco. The only way to fight a bumbling cop is with another bumbling cop.
I think the groundwork and bond they layed down in this episode will come back to Finch and the teams advantage in terms of Claire. Whether that was the machine's plan remains to be seen. However the machine would've known if Claire wasnt accepted Samaritan would've eventually found someone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good episode, but again too little Root. In fact, I was about to complain that she is too "normal" now, but then
she had someone in the trunk of the car lol

Little thing I noticed on Samaritan's graphics: It has an 'admin [locked]' section, but under that section lists two controls, 001 control and 002 control. Could this be a hint that Greer isn't actually the man at the top of Decima? He did seem to be reporting to someone a long time ago. Any other show but this one I would dismiss something like that as nothing, but the detail they put in is insane (loved that it updated Harold's criminal record as soon as John put the cuffs on).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, where was this Admin locked thing?

It's part of the Samaritan viewpoint, most commonly when it's an ambient establishing shot from Samaritan's POV. There's a bunch of data and stuff to either side, it's there.

Edit: photo.

EA6oCiw.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I didn't pay much attention to the frame, I'll be sure to be on the lookout for more details like that.

It's part of the Samaritan viewpoint, most commonly when it's an ambient establishing shot from Samaritan's POV. There's a bunch of data and stuff to either side, it's there.

Edit: photo.

EA6oCiw.jpg

Maybe it's just something Samaritan has chosen to do to prevent any human tampering, even from Greer.

Totally free.

Sober

This is horseshit.

Total horseshit.

Did no one see Lionel go fucking dual guns on some gangsters before bagging the supermodel in Season 2? What about his girl in the LOOOOOOOOOOOVE episode?

The hell, POI. Way to drop the ball on continuity.
going undercover, how does it work?

good episode, but again too little Root. In fact, I was about to complain that she is too "normal" now, but then
she had someone in the trunk of the car lol

That's not such a bad thing to me. I'd rather see more of Elias. Hoping they set him up as the next big bad needing to be dealt with once the Samaritan arc is over.

Error

This is horseshit.

Total horseshit.

Did no one see Lionel go fucking dual guns on some gangsters before bagging the supermodel in Season 2? What about his girl in the LOOOOOOOOOOOVE episode?

The hell, POI. Way to drop the ball on continuity.

iUuRuIjAexaCq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom