• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 3 The Movie?

Yup, as good as it is going to get. Movies are better imo.

I mean a television series.

Even with that aside I won't pass judgement until I've seen all of the P3 films.

I dunno. I feel doing an anime series results in much lower production costs, hence the bad fighting scenes and animation mistakes. Its also a difficult thing to pace and choose what to include and what not to.

If they are going to do another anime at least it won't be P4 again ;)

P4 already got better. It's called the entire game of P4. Any anime adaptation was going to be truncated and frivolous.

At this point, I'm just ready to move on to P5.

Exactly, I'm happy that P4AU seems to finally be closing off the P3/4 chapter of the story, with PDAN being a nice fanservice game (inb4 it's the true grimdark installment)

LX_Theo

Banned
There are much worse ways they could have approached this given it's just 12 episodes. I think it will be enjoyable as a fan of the series. Won't be some great show, but enjoyable.

Nimby

Banned
All I have is this wall scroll P4 The Animation and Elizabeth figure

As for looking for this stuff, you might need to look around (Both Japanese and English websites), most likely if you do wanna buy stuff it's not gonna be cheap along with if you want to certain things like figures and such, you maybe paying over $100 just for one figure.

I think I saw these around here somewhere.

22974-12-0119-p4-koto-one-coin.jpg

Where exactly can I get these? Ya know, a trustworthy site(s).

I'm up to episode 92 in the Endurance Run! Man, these guys are amazing.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax video: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Persona 4 Golden The Animation: The intro was very cool, we get to see what was everyone doing while Yu arrives, and all of the social links! Plus we got to see Aiya, Saki, MITSUO and Adachi hahaha. Ok so my first impression is obviously that this is NG+ and Narukami knows what's up: quickly friended Dojima, Nanako and Gas Station Attendant, challenged Morooka, made friends with Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko in his first day, went to the TV to
save Saki
with his overpowered Izanagi, wasn't surprised by Teddie, etc. So yeah, the whole episode was pretty cool but waaaaay too fast, anyone who hasn't watched/played the original P4 shouldn't watch this as their first entry to the P4 world. The battle was epic .

Also, since I don't have a Vita, this is my first impression of Marie and... huh.... she's pretty weird lol Her poem and insults are...okay? I'm not sure I like her but whatevs.

muteki

Watching the twitch stream...

Is there still no official word on if the JP version of the game will be region free? Or if the NA version will include japanese text and voice like the first game?

I see "Region Free for the Americas!" at the bottom of the stream, but that is pretty useless info for people in the US.

Setsu00

Is there still no official word on if the JP version of the game will be region free? Or if the NA version will include japanese text and voice like the first game?

I see "Region Free for the Americas!" at the bottom of the stream, but that is pretty useless info for people in the US.

But it's valuable info for people elsewhere. Like me.

Tamanon

Banned

I think they can only speak to Atlus USA's releases.

hao chi

I don't think so. P4A was region locked so Japanese players wouldn't wait two weeks to buy the US version for less. With that no longer being the case, there's no logical reason for the JP version to be region locked.

muteki

I don't think so. P4A was region locked so Japanese players wouldn't wait two weeks to buy the US version for less. With that no longer being the case, there's no logical reason for the JP version to be region locked.
Well, I have to think there is some reason why they are choosing the words they are using, and not just saying it is region free, period. "Region free for x" implies that it isn't region free in places other than x. I might be reading too much into it though, really I'd love to be.

I also think it is odd that AtlusUSA is mentioning it the way they are. Its the first time I have noticed a publisher in one region directly marketing for customers in another region to import games.

hao chi

Well, I have to think there is some reason why they are choosing the words they are using, and not just saying it is region free, period. "Region free for x" implies that it isn't region free in places other than x. I might be reading too much into it though, really I'd love to be.

I also think it is odd that AtlusUSA is mentioning it the way they are. Its the first time I have noticed a publisher in one region directly marketing for customers in another region to import games.

I think it's just because Atlus USA can't comment on the Japanese version. I really can't see them region locking the JP version though, especially after getting people hyped about importing the JP version. That'd be too much of a shit storm, or so I hope.

Setsu00

I think it's just because Atlus USA can't comment on the Japanese version. I really can't see them region locking the JP version though, especially after getting people hyped about importing the JP version. That'd be too much of a shit storm, or so I hope.

The shit storm from Europe didn't change their decision to lock Arena 1.

muteki

Really it would cause less confusion if AtlusUSA would withhold commenting on region lock until they get confirmation from AtlusJP, etc. and can give a single unified answer, if that is the case.

Levito

Banned
Armada just took a bunch of us to one of the nicest places to eat in Vegas, total food coma. Dacidbro looked like he was getting high off the meal.

We'll try to get a group pgaf photo with this awesome Rise cosplayer at the Atlus booth. Arena tornament in an hour. Oh god this has been fanfucktastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom