• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Squad threatens to take down PSN and Xbox Live this Christmas

BokehKing

Banned
read their twitter. They want 100 likes per day to not take them down
This shit is what gets me
These people do it for more followers on Twitter every damn time

Twitter should deactivate people that say they are going to shut anything down.

But no, Twitter would let a child murderer have a soap box to stand on, what do they care.

mreddie

Basically.

This tweet slays me:

"We haven't shut servers off yet because we are busy, we have family just like you guys do. Be patient!!!"

200_s.gif

saunderez

Basically.

This tweet slays me:

"We haven't shut servers off yet because we are busy, we have family just like you guys do. Be patient!!!"
So they don't even know what a DDOS entails. Shutting off servers, group of fucking petulant children.

Incredibly impressed. Honestly went into today thinking there was no chance it would be up at all. Consider my PSN guard lowered!

Mikey Jr.

This was the whole "We're gonna take PSN and XBL down for a whole week" threat?

Fucking lol.

They couldn't even take it down Christmas day, when you have the added benefit of a million+ extra users.

I don't give a shit about those fucks, but PSN has been pretty damn stable over christmans. Good.

Yeah my Vita was having trouble with the store and downloading games, but magically started working Thursday morning. So I guess whatever they did had the opposite effect lol.

So far everything has been smooth sailing. Wonder if we'll ever find out if it they just suck at ddos or if Sony pumped up their anti ddos measures.

Bazookaxp

I guess this is what happens when Microsoft and Sony team up on people that DDOS. People laughed at the idea at first but a healthy gaming community is a good gaming community.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Played a lot of Rocket League on PS4 and a lot of Ori on XB1(need to be logged in as game sharing). Both have been solid. Well done to them.

Melchiah

Just returned from the holiday trip, and Destiny works fine on the PS4. The same goes for online features like news feed and video streams. Only the recent activities on my own and friends' profiles took a while to load.

PSN worked great the last few days, no issues...These dudes talk a big game, and did what, took out Live for an afternoon a week or so ago?

Lol, now they are just the butt of a bunch of jokes....

GnawtyDog

Banned
As long as it's just a threat. Last year wasn't that bad either until you decided to boot out. I think eventually everyone got kicked out?

Is sony still having trouble sending out emails? Im trying to verify a second account for my brother but its taking hours to get the email and ive prompted it to resend multiple times. This is getting ridiculous.

Top Bottom