• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics from upcoming Jet Set Radio Remake have leaked

Draugoth

Gold Member
GQzopeKXUAAj4PV

GQzooklWAAA6zpZ

GQzonDwXwAACtCu

Source

Bridges

I love the world and aesthetic of this series but the gameplay never clicked for me. Very interested to see what this game actually is and how faithful it is or isn't to the originals.

I remember the popular rumor being that this would be a third person shooter, but that probably came from Midori so who knows if that's any truth to that now

This would be absolutely incredible. Hopefully they'll tweak the controls to be more like Jet Set Radio Future.

Also, I hope they remove the timer. As a gamer that loves exploration, I hate timers. There was a small moment in time when many Japanese games were including timers.

Exciting if true. Hopefully it will release soon.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've heard some really unflattering things about this version of the game. I wouldn't call it development hell, but it's a dev team that has absolutely no clue what they're doing, and that frankly wasn't a good fit for the project from the start. There's some really passionate advocates for the series working on this, but they're mostly external to the actual development.

Knightime_X

I wonder how it controls.
The original was fun, but damn the controls feel very dated and a little clunky after playing newer modern games.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Please be better than Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.

No offense to people like bender bender who probably loved it, but I really thought that game was a shit copy of Jet Set Radio

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I made it like fifteen minutes into CyberBombFunkRush before trading in my copy. My record of hating everything is flawless.
bender.gif

Ah okay I take it back then.

Dr_Salt

Not only was this announced months ago but there are also gameplay snipets from said announcement.

Last edited:
I made it like fifteen minutes into CyberBombFunkRush before trading in my copy. My record of hating everything is flawless.
You would hate your own family. Without radio technology you wouldn't be able to talk!

Im unplugging your battery for a week.

Larxia

That looks absolutely horrible.
The cell shading effect looks super cheap, it looks more like an after thought / post process on a realistic look, rather than the base of the art style like in the original, but more importantly, WTF with the chromatic aberration. It looks awful.

Doesn't have the charm of the original, lack of colors, poor post process, terrible chromatic aberration. Big nope. Looks like a cheap indie game without talent.

Last edited:

Dzab

Is this the remake, or the new game/reboot? Both were said to be in the works.
Looks like the new game to me personally.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
I REALLY hope these games they're remaking are solid. It'd be amazing.
Apparently it will be one of the best Sega games ever made. I say this based on my experience with games the only risk factor is microtransactions and other insertions of the modern gaming industry.

MrRibeye

These screenshots make me excited for the music playlists in this game. There's gotta be some absolute bangers of indie J-Rock-Pop-HipHop there.

Top Bottom