• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut Canada offering Creamy Butter Chicken, Cheesy Beef Poutine pizzas and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
www.brandeating.com/2013/06/news-pizza-hut-canada-new-poutine-pizza.html

Pizza Hut Canada unveils the new Cheesy Beef Poutine pizza as a "tribute to the classic Canadian street food favorite." It features shaved seasoned steak, fries, cheese curds, mozzarella, and gravy instead of pizza sauce.

The pizza is part of a new menu meant to celebrate the country's "diversity and multicultural outlook." Other pizzas on the menu include the Creamy Butter Chicken, Asian BBQ, Grilled Chicken Club, and Smoky Maple Bacon.

The Creamy Butter Chicken pizza is topped with butter chicken sauce, grilled chicken strips, roasted red peppers, red onion and mozzarella.

The Asian BBQ pizza features Asian barbecue sauce, shaved steak, red onions, mozzarella, green onions and sesame seeds.

The Grilled Chicken Club pizza offers creamy Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken strips, bacon, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, mozzarella, and a pepper mayo drizzle.

The Smokey Maple Bacon pizza comes with Alfredo sauce, maple bacon strips, bacon crumble, sliced mushrooms, and shredded cheddar and mozzarella.

Medium-sized versions of the new pizzas start at $15 CA.

YNP5ULo.jpg

ABRuCur.jpg

MrBig

The most exotic thing I can recall america's pizza hut doing is the cheese popper crust, meanwhile I've seen a few pizza hut branches in other countries at least put out interesting, new things other than your standard pizza of tomato sauce, mozzarella, and a few standard toppings. Please try new things, america.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
And yet I still have no idea what a curd is. Is someone going to explain curds with another thing I've never eaten?

Have you ever left milk in your room for like 3 days and then when you poor it out, you'll notice a solid type of thing on top floating on some semi-clear liquid? The top part is curds, the bottom part is whey.

How they make cheese at factories is they get a Giant to leave milk out in his room, in his Giant cup that is the size of a house. Then after it spoils and separates into curds and whey, they take the curds from the Giants cup and slice it into cheese blocks you get at the store. The whey is used in whey protein powders and stuff.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Have you ever left milk in your room for like 3 days and then when you poor it out, you'll notice a solid type of thing on top floating on some semi-clear liquid? The top part is curds, the bottom part is whey.

How they make cheese at factories is they get a Giant to leave milk out in his room, in his Giant cup that is the size of a house. Then after it spoils and separates into curds and whey, they take the curds from the Giants cup and slice it into cheese blocks you get at the store. The whey is used in whey protein powders and stuff.

That was an awesome explanation. I totally get it now.

Grizz you're making us Canadians sad :(

Anyway those are highway robbery prices for cheap Pizza Hut food.

Sorry. At least the one time I was in Canada I very much enjoyed my visit. Vancouver.

Tansut

I'll never understand why the most ideally American type of Pizza Hut pizzas are always offerings found exclusively in other countries.

Hold on, so you're telling me that all the whey protein I've been drinking lately is actually spoiled milk?

sammich

Whats with butter chicken popping up on everything nowdays? Not that im complaining, but havent eaten it anywhere that it comes close to my moms... but then everyone loves their moms cooking.

kurbaan

Banned
For people complaining about Pizza Hut prices in Canada one point to understand is:

In Canada Pizza Hut is pretty good quality and I think its one of the higher end pizza chains and more expensive. In comparison USA Pizza hut is like shit. When i first came to the USA and had pizza hut here i was surprised at how cheap it was but after eating it I realized how shit it is compared to the canadian ones.

pubba

Pizza Hut is pretty cool here in China!

Their pancetta wrapped shrimp, stuffed cheese-crust deep-dish pizza is brilliant!

They also have pepper steak that is pretty awesome.

I ordered a pizza, garlic broccoli side dish, duck fried rice and a coffee thick shake for about $18 delivered last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom