• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut Canada offering Creamy Butter Chicken, Cheesy Beef Poutine pizzas and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAlu

Goddamn, I come over to Canada (from UK) every few years to visit family and devour poutine - I would so have that pizza. Maybe I could try and make a gravy sauce that would work...

Would love to try the poutine pizza but I don't live in Canada.

Still, looks easy enough to make for myself so there's that at least.

hnnnnng.jpg

beat

Mmm, "Asian barbeque sauce"!

WTF.

Butter chicken is a real dish, albeit one only 60 years old. Poutine is a real dish. A chicken club is a real sandwich. Even maple and bacon together have a real culinary history.

But what the hell is "Asian barbeque sauce"?

Eusis

And yet I still have no idea what a curd is. Is someone going to explain curds with another thing I've never eaten?

The cheese before it's been pressed into shapes.
More specifically when milk starts to go bad it separates into solid and liquid, with curds being the solid part and whey being liquid. It's caused by bacteria, and actually there's a lot of good ones innately in milk so it makes for edible cheese, but when we pasteurize milk we kill the good ones with the bad, and so we get just bad milk. Making cheese usually involves introducing the right bacteria cultures as I recall, so basically the curds there are just something like cheddar cheese before its aged (probably makes it more like mozzarella.)

I have a hard time with poutine and I don't know why

I love fries

I love cheese

but it makes my fries all soggy and I can't abide that

Derwind

FUCK YOU PIZZA HUT!!! Just when I finally decided to go on a healthier diet. I was going strong for the past 3 weeks dammit!!!!

big_z

I haven't had pizza guy in years but I think I might have to order one of these. Is the poutine pizza worth it if you're craving poutine or is it better to get the real deal and a different pizza?

Mmm, "Asian barbeque sauce"!

WTF.

Butter chicken is a real dish, albeit one only 60 years old. Poutine is a real dish. A chicken club is a real sandwich. Even maple and bacon together have a real culinary history.

But what the hell is "Asian barbeque sauce"?

Hoisin?

Anyways, I'd probably try the Butter Chicken one if it came down here. Looks pretty damn tasty.

blind51de

Banned
I have a hard time with poutine and I don't know why

I love fries

I love cheese

but it makes my fries all soggy and I can't abide that

It's all about the gravy and how thick the fries are. I personally like it with steak fries and chicken gravy, which is so out-there I basically have to make it myself.
Beef gravy is awful.

RobertC

Banned
I haven't had pizza guy in years but I think I might have to order one of these. Is the poutine pizza worth it if you're craving poutine or is it better to get the real deal and a different pizza?

If you crave actual poutine, of course real poutine would be better, than a pizza topped with strands of ingredients from poutine

big_z

So tonight I decided to eat like an American, I turned on my Xbox and used it to order a poutine pizza. This is the first time in probably 8+ years that I've had a Pizza Hut pizza so I didn't know what to expect. The result? Well when I went to pick up my pizza I thought it was awfully clever of them to pull out the rubber button on the debit machine that lets you skip the tip forcing you to tip 15, 25 or 35%.

As for the pizza the quality was better than I remembered it being but its not worth $15. It doesn't taste like poutine at all. It's basically a BBQ steak pizza with some fries and curds tossed on top both of which you can't really taste. It was still alright but it's more of a gimmick than anything and as someone that likes vegetables on pizza it's not something ill buy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom