• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

An idiot who people watch to see how bad he at playing video games.

Look up "This is how you DON'T play MGS2/MGS3/Dark Souls/Final Fantasy X/The Last of Us/Jak & Daxter/Sly Cooper/etc." to get an idea of who and what he is.

Basically, he's a YouTube gamer that sucks at every game, never takes criticism, and is insanely annoying.

I feel like this video sums him up perfectly.
Well then lol.. guessed I asked a bad question

I was wondering if someone had assembled in a neat post all the sort of educated guesses/known stuff, that we have in our hands already, like for example, the new Zelda, the NFC game, etc. so as to have a basis and then we could speculate on and on and on..:)

Sadist

I was wondering if someone had assembled in a neat post all the sort of educated guesses/known stuff, that we have in our hands already, like for example, the new Zelda, the NFC game, etc. so as to have a basis and then we could speculate on and on and on..:)
Well, there isn't much to go on right now; we do know that this Thursday Nintendo will show off their fiscal earnings, maybe that will have a nugget or two concerning E3.

At this point;

- Smash Bros. Tournament
- Zelda Wii U
- NFC game

Are the things that got confirmed.

Most likely;

- Bayonetta 2
- X
- Hyrule Warriors

Everything else;

- we dunno

Thank you Sadist. Yes, not so many concrete details.

Perhaps, the concept of the "dual gamepads for a single game" could materialise, although I find it rather unlikely.

On a side note, X has to be revealed in all its glorious form.

Albo

I liked TP's overworld. Riding epona in the expansive fields, using horse combat and admiring the scenery while that amazing theme played in the background just felt grand, even if some areas seemed empty or lacking in activity/life.

It could've been better sure, but overall, there was enough worthwhile content and secrets for me to lose myself exploring the overworld for hours. Only other issues I had were lack of challenging enemies and the overabundance of rupees I would find when my wallet was always full. Too bad I don't have that problem IRL.

Gsnap

http://youtu.be/CjpIm_okP9Q?t=32m50s

My god DSP is one of the most ignorant gamers.

... That's very sad. Did he watch the same video as the rest of us? Is he doing it on purpose? Is he getting his information from the chicken-scratched notes of a disgruntled Nintendo hater? Or is he really that unable to think logically? He actually called the Smash Bros Invitational a bad idea until the chat told him about it being playable at Best Buy.. The invitational, regardless of whether or not the had the demo at Best Buy, is one of the best ideas Nintendo has had lately.

See. This kind of stuff right here is why people believe there is significant, irrational bias against Nintendo. Not just among press, but among gamers in general. I couldn't bother to keep watching, because almost everything he said while I was watching was wrong. He even specifically said that Nintendo would not be at E3. I cannot, and will not believe that he actually watched the video. Or if he did, he obviously watched it without paying any attention. And then he takes this negative stance based on completely incorrect information. Do people actually care about this person's opinion? Or do they just like to watch him because he is bad at games?

Add to that "journalists" focusing on the lack of a press conference, and not the amazing smash tournament or constant daily treehouse coverage (which should be huge, actually), and how am I supposed to think that people are actually being rational about this?

Now, at the same time, I do understand why people believe having a press conference is important. When 2 out of the 3 companies are having press conferences, and the one that isn't is the one that's having pretty bad issues selling its console, it's easy to see how people could jump to the conclusion that they're "backing out", or some nonsense like that. (Even though the Play Nintendo video is brimming with confidence) It's all about image to many people.

But this doesn't mean that Nintendo's new way of doing things is inherently bad. In fact, as long as the content is good, and the streams hold up, I think it's inherently better. But it's going against the status quo. And when only 1 company is doing it, they'll be seen as doing it wrong. If both Sony and Nintendo were doing this, and Microsoft wasn't, most of the news would be about how the two of them were paving new paths in game coverage and company to customer interaction. And Micro would be seen as the old dinosaur doing things the old way.

It's all about perception.

Asbear

Banned
I have to agree, but with that said, I love DarksydesPhil's content. I think he's a bumbling fool in the best way possible, not to mention he has the best read-aloud playthroughs of the Ace Attorney games of all people on Youtube!

His biggest mistake is never playing OoT because of his nostalgia for ALttP though.

ahm998

I think in the begging of Mega64 video for nintendo in screen there is NES & 3DS on screen that's why there is 2 new console & handheld announcement.

Also Metroid & Zelda should be in E3 because of competitors games.

Marlowe89

Im pretty sure DSP is acting like an idiot on purpose.

You know good and well that he isn't. DSP has always had a tremendously ugly personality.

He played Skyward Sword and couldn't figure out how to open a door with a very obvious pinwheel above it after getting the gust bellows, then he thought the beamos were "invincible turrets" because the gust bellows didn't kill them and he forgot he had a sword.

http://youtu.be/kCyQ_76vjW4?t=2m39s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zEgUr5T3rg

Oh god, I remember this. I spent hours watching this playthrough and laughing to the point of tears at how unbelievably fucking stupid he is.

Tripon

So Mega 64 released their podcast, and they cover their involvement on the Nintendo E3 announcement.

Its the second half of the podcast, and they start talking about Nintendo at the 30 minute mark and spend the next 30 minutes talking about it.

http://youtu.be/zHVp-KhybNM?t=30m

Some highlights:

- Nintendo contacted Mega64 to possibly do a video right after PAX East ended. They got the call on the plane ride back to San Diego.
- They took an airplane up to Redmond and only had two days to film it and took another couple of days to edit.
- There's a Nintendo World Store up at Redmond that only has stuff that you can find there.
- Tickets for Nintendo NOA headquarters tours costs thousands of bucks and the proceeds are donated to the Make a Wish foundation!
- Nintendo supplied all the extras for the video.
- There were apparently a ton of takes of the scene where Erik Peterson splashes Reggie with water.
- Initially, Reggie had a smaller role and was only going to do a couple of scenes with about an hour or so of filming. Instead, Reggie cleared his Tuesday schedule and Nintendo made sure he could do whatever Mega64 asked him to do.
- Normally, NOA doesn't allow to anyone to film inside their headquarters, so initially they were going to use an office site a block away. Reggie gave the okay to film inside, and that's when they were able to get the conference room scene. This is apparently the first time somebody was allowed to film inside headquarters outside the studio areas ever.
- Because of that, the video was even mentioned at places like CNN, and Forbes for showing a part of Nintendo that many don't get to see.
- There probably won't be a making of or behind the scenes companion video because of this, because there's a lot of sensitive info that Nintendo probably doesn't want leaked, even accidentally.
- Rocco had access to Nintendo's backlog, and he simply listened to the Skyward Sword soundtrack, and liked it. That's why it was playing. So, that wasn't actually a tease of what's coming up next.

Sandfox

So Mega 64 released their podcast, and they cover their involvement on the Nintendo E3 announcement.

Its the second half of the podcast, and they start talking about Nintendo at the 30 minute mark and spend the next 30 minutes talking about it.

Some highlights:

- Nintendo contacted Mega64 to possibly do a video right after PAX East ended. They got the call on the plane ride back to San Diego.
- They took an airplane up to Redmond and only had two days to film it and took another couple of days to edit.
- There's a Nintendo World Store up at Redmond that only has stuff that you can find there.
- Tickets for Nintendo NOA headquarters tours costs thousands of bucks and the proceeds are donated to the Make a Wish foundation!
- There were apparently a ton of takes of the scene where Erik Peterson splashes Reggie with water.
- Initially, Reggie had a smaller role and was only going to do a couple of scenes with about an hour or so of filming. Instead, Reggie cleared his Tuesday schedule and Nintendo made sure he could do whatever Mega64 asked him to do.
- Normally, NOA doesn't allow to anyone to film inside their headquarters, so initially they were going to use an office site a block away. Reggie gave the okay to film inside, and that's when they were able to get the conference room scene. This is apparently the first time somebody was allowed to film inside headquarters outside the studio areas ever.
- Because of that, the video was even mentioned at places like CNN, and Forbes for showing a part of Nintendo that many don't get to see.
- There probably won't be a making of or behind the scenes companion video because of this, because there's a lot of sensitive info that Nintendo probably doesn't want leaked, even accidentally.
- Rocco had access to Nintendo's backlog, and he simply listened to the Skyward Sword soundtrack, and liked it. That's why it was playing. So, that wasn't actually a tease of what's coming up next.

That's pretty interesting to see from Nintendo.

Effect

Im pretty sure DSP is acting like an idiot on purpose.

That was my hope at first when I came across his videos but I honestly don't think so at all. I think he's genuinely like this. He shouldn't be praised at all by anyone. Should not be given the benefit of the doubt either.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
ugghhh... I have to believe Best Buy is paying some big bucks for this. Why don't they just make the demos downloadable from eShop?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Scratch off Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire remakes off that list folks, it's coming :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ugghhh... I have to believe Best Buy is paying some big bucks for this. Why don't they just make the demos downloadable from eShop?

I'd say it's more that only best buy has facilities that can handle the crowds. One in Denver last year has 500 people. I can't imagine them trying that at a Gamestop.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pretty sure the reason they don't put the demos on the eShop is data miners. People will find info on the demo they don't want getting out.

georly

Scratch off Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire remakes off that list folks, it's coming :)

I can't believe they didnt save the announce for E3. Oh well. Obviously, we'll get gameplay footage and more mega evolutions (and maybe smash bros reveals to coincide?), but it's kinda lame to announce stuff BEFORE E3. Don't get it.

Jintor

I can't believe they didnt save the announce for E3. Oh well. Obviously, we'll get gameplay footage and more mega evolutions (and maybe smash bros reveals to coincide?), but it's kinda lame to announce stuff BEFORE E3. Don't get it.

Either it was to shore up the investor Q+A which goes up tommorrow, or like Sony they're getting remake/port news out of the way early (although it's Nintendo, so more likely they accidentally pressed the wrong button and a video and press release went out because of a drunken mishap)

mrhej

Imagine they announced the pokemon remakes at E3. Either something bigger is coming or people wanted people to forget about the Wii U sales.

georly

Either it was to shore up the investor Q+A which goes up tommorrow, or like Sony they're getting remake/port news out of the way early (although it's Nintendo, so more likely they accidentally pressed the wrong button and a video and press release went out because of a drunken mishap)

Pokemon is their second biggest franchise. A pokemon announce at E3 could be huge. Hopefully this means that this is small potatoes compared to what they have to show (but I doubt it). I hope you're right.

cacildo

Maybe the digital event starts with Iwata saying "You know, we love the 3ds but today *GUN COCK SOUND* is all about the wiiU"

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Pokemon is their second biggest franchise. A pokemon announce at E3 could be huge. Hopefully this means that this is small potatoes compared to what they have to show (but I doubt it). I hope you're right.
That's why they announced it...3DS sales are low.

For Sony it leaked though so they addressed it. Here it seems like a waste of a surprise.

I'm interested in his Nin is going to right the ship.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Some highlights:

Man I love mega64

Is this true? I'm going to be in the area in a couple months and would love to check it out, but their website explicitly says there's only the one in NYC, and Google searches don't have anything about it. Yelp turns out that there used to be a giftshop in their headquarters but they closed it down.

georly

Is this true? I'm going to be in the area in a couple months and would love to check it out, but their website explicitly says there's only the one in NYC, and Google searches don't have anything about it. Yelp turns out that there used to be a giftshop in their headquarters but they closed it down.

All the stuff they showed on the podcast I had *JUST* bought at the nintendo world store in new york. Except the mug, i guess. BUt that rob shirt, that kamek plushie, all of it at the world store in ny. Main difference, I assume, is mine say "nintendo world store new york' on the back, whereas his probably say 'nintendo world store redmond'.

Some highlights:

sometimes it seems Reggie has no power in the company at all but interesting he could give the okay here

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That was wonderfully goofy. I genuinely enjoy it when video game companies come off as fun and comedic rather than evil corporations.

Glad to see Nintendo is going to be at E3 in force. Not much more than that to be gleaned from the video, but that's a good start. (Edit: It looks like people are skeptical Nintendo will actually have a presence at E3 in the form of a stage show. That would be seriously disappointing if there was no conference. I guess I don't really care if they do one off site or something, but whatever it is, I do want it to be something substantial and conference.) I only wish I had faith Nintendo was going to really bring it in a big way. Well, hope springs eternal...

Nintendo will likely have the biggest booth at E3, as they have for years. The only thing a digital event changes is the gaming press' feeling of self worth.

I was there in the early 2000's. There's also a bit of a museum and a cafe' for the employees ( don't remember what I ate but I think the menu was themed). I walked through a bit of it as a DigiPen student but it's been too long for me to even remember what I was doing there. I also don't remember if any of it is actually open to the public outside of tours.

My predictions:

Short Zelda U gameplay teaser, will feel very "focus tested" aka Ocarina 3.0 in attempt to nostalgia the 20 somethings

We get a name for "X" but nothing else new

Palutena is announced for Smash as a character, Ridley is shown as a moderately cool stage hazard/boss thing

Takamaru is getting a surprise revival a la Kid Icarus Uprising

Mario Kart 8 is focused on way too much

A really dumb fitness peripheral is showcased

Retro's new project turns out to be porting Tropical Freeze to the 3DS

Solid release dates for both Smash games

Indie montage that includes Shovel Knight, A Hat in Time and Child of Light

Someone besides Sakurai also makes fun of Iwata's "direct to you" hand gesture

Axass

Why not wait for E3 to say it?

Why? Why? Is my bingo card wrong?

Did somebody say "bingo"?

Free for anyone to use:

ybLCWMw.png

I made it half red and half blue to represent 3DS and WiiU. Will soon fill mine up!

LAA

Quite a few things I'm excited for at this E3, but its all just stuff we mostly know about already, some surprises would be awesome.

Very excited to see Zelda U, more of Project X, more of Bayonetta 2, more of SSB.
Most of these games we've known about for a while though...and X coming out sooner would have done Nintendo a world of good. I remember all the mindbooms here when X was first announced with that trailer, gave me a feeling of "Maybe Wii U is gonna do well after all", but then we barely seen much of it since then.

Other than that...just they need to have surprises. A Metroid would make me yell in excitement, ha ha. Metroid is pretty much the one surprise announcement I really want... I think more needs announcing for 3DS too...maybe another 3D Mario..., their focus however should be the Wii U for sure. If they're not gonna try, why should anyone buy?

Tom_Cody

My predictions:

Short Zelda U gameplay teaser, will feel very "focus tested" aka Ocarina 3.0 in attempt to nostalgia the 20 somethings

Palutena is announced for Smash as a character, Ridley is shown as a moderately cool stage hazard/boss thing

This is just so sad and cynical. That line about Zelda U killed me.

The_Lump

Banned
My predictions:

I...I promised myself I wouldn't cry

Top Bottom