• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
What day is your's? Mine is the 5th, I'm going to Disney after PSX haha.

I'm the 4th youngin. If you are a big fan of roller coasters, I'd overwhelmingly recommend Knott's over Disneyland. But, if you've never been to Disneyland, then yeah that's the winning choice. Hell if you have the time and money do both.

ZarKryn7

I really hope Sony knocks the keynote out the park. They can't afford to do another soft conference.

I'm not talking about E3 level stuff here. Just something that speaks to us.

Revivals, new 1st party ip, strongly associated 3rd party franchises or new ones. Ps2ps4 titles. New Psn features.

Stuff like that.

No CoD, No battleborne. And don't over rely on Indies and VR titles again.

Boke1879

I really hope Sony knocks the keynote out the park. They can't afford to do another soft conference.

Revivals, new 1st party ip, strongly associated 3rd party franchises or new ones. Ps2ps4 titles. New Psn features.

Stuff like that.

A lot of that stuff that you mention would most likely get showcased at E3 though. I feel PSX maybe have a big reveal or two, but they tend to focus on games that don't get the spotlight at E3.

Like Yakuza, Nioh etc. Things that do speak to the PS audience would get more play here.

Mikey Jr.

Stuff like that.

Agreed. Sneak peek on a new firmware would be nice.

ZarKryn7

What would even be the equivalent to Battleborn's showing last year?

I would say it, but I don't want to come of as a prick so I'll just let this be.
A lot of that stuff that you mention would most likely get showcased at E3 though. I feel PSX maybe have a big reveal or two, but they tend to focus on games that don't get the spotlight at E3.

Like Yakuza, Nioh etc. Things that do speak to the PS audience would get more play here.

Exactly what I meant. Anything that speaks to the core PlayStation base.

What do you guys think the chances are of seeing some Spider-Man gameplay? I want this game get a demo playthrough on stage just like Uncharted and those games get.

Anyone think that the PlayStation All-Stars sequel will be announced next month? I sure hope so! It's either PSX, or E3. It's one of those two. I just don't expect it to come back the same, think mario party, different mini-games etc. Someone has to be working on it. If it was SP, I would literally cry haha.

FelipeMGM

The CE is $10 at gamestop, it's practically already F2P.

jesus

What do you guys think the chances are of seeing some Spider-Man gameplay? I want this game get a demo playthrough on stage just like Uncharted and those games get.

Tbh, I doubt it. I think Days Gone is the one that needs another boost and the spotlight because a lot of people were not that excited for it after E3.

But who knows

The God

Bill Roseman and Insomniac have been talking up Spider-Man more on twitter so something might be coming soon.

PSX would be a big letdown for me if it's not there.

Pachimari

I don't expect much. I just want some Spider-Man gameplay and that's it.
Footage of FFVIIR, Crash Bandicoot and Shenmue 3 will be lucky bonuses I won't expect.

Curious, what did Verendus say in particular that was proven to be fake? Did he never have access to FFXV?

Also total gimme prediction, but we get a snippet of the December update map in BF1 and maybe a glimpse at the March expansion pack.

Guys, we're going to get a new Ape Escape announcement, along with a surprise visit from Kojima informing us that Sony has bought the rights to MGS and that they'll be making a standalone Snake vs. Monkey 2 exclusively for the PS4. He'll also say that MGSV and PW weren't canon, and apologize profusely for their existence. I can feel it in my bones.

BELIEVE.

Why would he apologize for the best playing game in the series?

MAtgS

Anyone think that the PlayStation All-Stars sequel will be announced next month? I sure hope so! It's either PSX, or E3. It's one of those two. I just don't expect it to come back the same, think mario party, different mini-games etc. Someone has to be working on it. If it was SP, I would literally cry haha.
Power Stone clone developed by Capcom is my ideal scenario.

BigEmil

Also total gimme prediction, but we get a snippet of the December update map in BF1 and maybe a glimpse at the March expansion pack.
MS has a contract with BF1 that's why they couldn't publicly state the PS4 Pro patch aswell instead a stealh update so doubt we'll see BF1 at psx

DKHF

I think it has a solid chance of being there. I could see them opening the show with it and would rather they open with that than the Uncharted DLC personally (even though that would be ruining the PSX "tradition" of opening with UC4).

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
So which old school remake do you reckon they'll tease and then properly announce at E3 this time?

PSX 2014 - FF7 bait'n'switch
E3 2015 - FF7 Remake announced

PSX2015 - Crash Bandicoot t-shirt
E3 2016 - Crash remakes announced

PSX2016 - ???

FelipeMGM

So which old school remake do you reckon they'll tease and then properly announce at E3 this time?

PSX2016 - ???

PSX2016: Shawn Layden is wearing an Agent t-shirt
E3 2017: Phil Harrison announces his return to Sony

wapplew

PSX2016 - ???

Something involve Konami.

butman

PSX2016 - ???

A skeleton with an armour.

PSX2016 - ???

Agent_Logo.jpg

its time

I really would love a Spiderman or Days Gone update. Those two titles are still heavily wrapped up in mystery.

Thought I wanted a God of War update too, but I have complete faith in SSM, they have near zero duds in my eyes.
Thinking about it now I hope SSM try show little about the game leading up to launch with barely a mega boss battle in sight.

I'm still salty over UC4's amazing car chase sequence demoed, would rather experience such amazing moments for myself in game.

PSX2016 - ???

My money is on WipEout, due to the Shinobi rumors, but I'd love it to be Colony Wars.

AAMARMO

Banned

PSX2016 - ???

PSX2016 - Parappa The Rapper Hat
E3 2017 - Parappa The Rapper Reboot

Seeing Pitchford's sweaty facade on stage was the moment I knew that game would flop. Such a low point of the entire conference.
I am so glad I don't remember Randy Pitchford's appearance. I have no respect for the man. Which is surely why I've removed all instances of it from my memory. :p

Mass One

Quick Question. If I buy I ticket does that automatically mean I'll have a seat during the big presentation? Or is it first come first serve (in terms of seating)?

Edit: NVM should of check the thread first.

Mikey Jr.

OléGunner;225258524 said:
I really would love a Spiderman or Days Gone update. Those two titles are still heavily wrapped up in mystery.

Thought I wanted a God of War update too, but I have complete faith in SSM, they have near zero duds in my eyes.
Thinking about it now I hope SSM try show little about the game leading up to launch with barely a mega boss battle in sight.

I'm still salty over UC4's amazing car chase sequence demoed, would rather experience such amazing moments for myself in game.

Cory barlog said gow will not be there.

AndyVirus

PSX2016 - ???

PSX2016 - "it's a real shame Powers got cancelled"
E3 2017 - Sucker Punch Powers game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom