• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

jvm

Gamasutra.
Finished VVVVVV. Definitely a great game with awesome music and design.

Need another game. I love small games like Counter-Spy, Steamworld Dig, The Swapper, and VVVVVV. Recommendations?

GeoramA

Decided to finally try Grow Home. Very simple, but charming game and I'm not sure why it gets so much hate on here. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Breaking News

hQejGVe.png

Water is wet.

Decided to finally try Grow Home. Very simple, but charming game and I'm not sure why it gets so much hate on here. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Grow Home is hated? what? I actually like it a lot for a small budget game.

maybe you're thinking about Gone Home? :p

Kudo

Everyone is still bitter that Sony didn't make enough 1st party games for Vita (at least outside Japan) so I'd say Yoshidas comment hits the spot.
When people forget this maybe they'll try again, but I'm happy they're concentrating on PS4 for now.

My backlog for Vita is huge anyway.. I don't mind them not making Vita 2 for a while.. Gotta finish that Danganronpa 2 before 3 hits.. And I've heard about Ultra Despair too? Feels like I'm in Ultra Despair with all these games and no time.

RK128

Breaking News

hQejGVe.png

The Sky is blue, it rains cats and dogs, the sun is yellow and my face has freckles; mind my language, but of fucking course there won't be a Vita 2 :'(.

Sony clearly showed they have little interest in the handheld market over the years with how they supported the Vita, so them admitting they aren't interested in a new one isn't shocking at all honestly.

If anything, I expect a JP-only Vita 3000 that has slightly boosted specs for a few JP developed games. Outside of that.....that's it; the Vita 1000 and 2000 are it in terms of Vita hardware being created.

It would be interested if Sony re-used the Vita tech in a hybrid phone (part game console and part smart phone) but they aren't smart enough to do something like that.

Sorry if this sounds bitter guys, but the Vita is it for Sony handhelds. Still, that doesn't mean the Vita will not have support; this news means we got a lot more years for the Vita than expected (instead of 1-2 more years of support from JP/Indies, it might be an extra year or two now too :D).

I know you've guys said it already but did anyone actually think we would get a Vita2 or PSP2?

If anything, I could picture a Vita 3000 for JP markets within the next year or two; higher specs to make games have higher frame rates, some extra inputs for remote play and maybe adding 4G or LIGHT support (the phone internet service) for remote play everywhere. Outside of that.....I don't think we will ever get a Vita 2 :l.

Massa

Need another game. I love small games like Counter-Spy, Steamworld Dig, The Swapper, and VVVVVV. Recommendations?

Tried Xeodrifter yet? I'm really liking it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
If anything, I could picture a Vita 3000 for JP markets within the next year or two; higher specs to make games have higher frame rates, some extra inputs for remote play and maybe adding 4G or LIGHT support (the phone internet service) for remote play everywhere. Outside of that.....I don't think we will ever get a Vita 2 :l.

Oh yeah adding 4G would be a BRILLIANT idea considering how AWESOME the 3G models did.

VLiberty

Xeodrifter, Kick and Fennick, Velocity, Olliolli, Mutant Blobs Attack, Rocketbirds. Have you already played those?

incpdo

Rock boshers dx, aqua kitty dx, dead nation,spelunky, dustforce, kung fu rabbit,shovel knight, rogué legacy,alíen breed, la mulana ex, txk,fantasy hero and binding of isaac to name some really good little games on the vita( well at least to me , little as an small by size indie games , under 800mb )

Maybe you guys can help me out. I've had a PS Gold Headset for a few months now and have had no issues until today.

Got up this morning, turned on the headset and nada. Dongle has a blue light when the headset is on, the headset itself turns on and makes all its normal noises but it seems the PS4 itself is unaware of the headset's connection and thus - no sound goes through. I know because sound doesn't leave the tv either.

Any suggestions? It's a real bummer this dude just stopped working

Kudo

Maybe you guys can help me out. I've had a PS Gold Headset for a few months now and have had no issues until today.

Got up this morning, turned on the headset and nada. Dongle has a blue light when the headset is on, the headset itself turns on and makes all its normal noises but it seems the PS4 itself is unaware of the headset's connection and thus - no sound goes through. I know because sound doesn't leave the tv either.

Any suggestions? It's a real bummer this dude just stopped working

Haven't had any problems but just make sure the dongle is all the way in the USB! It can be wonky and I've heard of problems similar to yours that were resolved with reseating or pushing the USB in. Good idea to also try the other USB port.
To reset sound you could try pushing the "Sound / Chat" buttons at the same time, you need to push them for like 2-5 seconds and you hear a beep.
If neither works, there's a little spot in the dongle where you can put a paper clip to push the reset button, and then hold VSS and Mute button on headset to re-pair them.
Hopefully one of these fixes your problem, let me know how it goes.

how's everyone doing? :3 it's been a long long while!

Doing good as always, very excited for more Bloodborne. How about you my good cat?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Tried Xeodrifter yet? I'm really liking it.

Xeodrifter, Kick and Fennick, Velocity, Olliolli, Mutant Blobs Attack, Rocketbirds. Have you already played those?

Rock boshers dx, aqua kitty dx, dead nation,spelunky, dustforce, kung fu rabbit,shovel knight, rogué legacy,alíen breed, la mulana ex, txk,fantasy hero and binding of isaac to name some really good little games on the vita( well at least to me , little as an small by size indie games , under 800mb )
Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Xeodrifter - Eh. I tried it -- did not really click with me. I'll give it another try.
  • Kick & Fennick - Played about 30 minutes, seemed OK, but didn't find it engrossing enough to pull be back in.
  • Velocity - Played my fill, I think. Enjoyed what I played.
  • OlliOlli - Played my fill, I think. Enjoyed what I played.
  • Mutant Blobs Attack - Ah, here's one I could go back to. I did enjoy most of what I played.
  • Rocketbirds - Really? Haven't played it, but don't recall hearing anything that would draw me in.
  • Rock Boshers DX - Played the PSM version, and kind of enjoyed it. Kind of a cross between action and puzzle.
  • Aqua Kitty DX - Played maybe 20 minutes. Did not enjoy.
  • Dead Nation - Another one I should go back and work on. Good idea.
  • Spelunky - I do have this one, and in fact ended up putting in time with it this afternoon. I've never been quite sure how one is supposed to approach it. Is there some point at which you keep stuff you earn? Or is it pure roguelike?
  • Dustforce - This always seemed neat, but I was turned off by the bad performance comments. Did it get patched at last?
  • Kung Fu Rabbit - Wha? No idea about this one. Will look it up.
  • Shovel Knight - I've looked at this one a couple of times, but haven't been enticed enough to try.
  • Rogué Legacy - No idea.
  • Alíen Breed - This is an old Sega game, no?
  • La Mulana EX - Tried it, didn't set me on fire.
  • TxK - Own it, love it!
  • Fantasy Hero - No idea about this one.
  • The Binding of Isaac - Tried it, didn't find it very interesting.

I'd like to know if these are any good:
  • The Swindle
  • The Bridge
  • 1001 Spikes
  • Heroes of Loot

Shun

So I was just gifted LovelyxCation 1&2 for Vita and I don't know how I feel about this.

It's my first sim on Vita and from what I understand it's kind of lewd? I've played fate/stay/ataraxia and grisaia on vita and I know those just have elements and aren't focused on that but from googling LxC apparently is full on date sim?

The only experience I have with these kinds of games is like 2 hours of New Love Plus Plus...

If someone has played game could you give me clean and appropriate thoughts here or via PM because I don't know if I should play it or sell it.

autoduelist

the first thing I thought of was tales of space: mutant blobs attack. great little game.

The Sky is blue, it rains cats and dogs, the sun is yellow and my face has freckles; mind my language, but of fucking course there won't be a Vita 2 :'(.

Sony clearly showed they have little interest in the handheld market over the years with how they supported the Vita, so them admitting they aren't interested in a new one isn't shocking at all honestly.

How much have they really profited off the Vita, though? Nintendo has clearly dominated the handheld market for years.

autoduelist

How much have they really profited off the Vita, though? Nintendo has clearly dominated the handheld market for years.

You don't need to dominate a market to turn a tidy profit. That said, I have no idea what the answer to your question is. My guess is the Vita is just profitable enough; not enough to spur massive development, but not enough to discontinue it either.

More importantly, there is some [debatable amount of] value in keeping a handheld presence while they sort out how to push forward - you don't necessarily want to completely leave a market you have a presence in during bad weather. In other words, there is a cost to not having any handheld presence -- it isn't just a loss of marketshare you're giving up, but mindshare as well, as some of your 'core' gamers will switch to competitors and you run the risk of them perhaps leaving the Sony ecosystem entirely. For example, I game on my PS4 and Vita... in 5 years, if I'm gaming on some sort of PC/steam handheld instead, they risk me detaching myself from the PSN/trophy/etc ecosystem at which point they can lose my PS5 purchase (others might switch to Nintendo, etc). There is a lot of [hard to measure, especially as an outsider] value in keeping those in the family part of the family.

That is why I think there's still a tiny ray of hope for us; there is value in keeping us loyal. It's just hard, as an outsider, to know enough/any specific numbers to make a solid guess as to the future.

Oh, I though that the world end eclipse would come out in October, in reality the vita version doesn't even have a release date :|

Edit: but both tokyo xanadu and yoru no nai kuni is this week(in Japan), right?

Piccoro

Oh man, the US PS store will have Onigiri, Hardware Rivals Beta, Uncharted Collection demo, Mega Man Legends and Persona Dancing all Night tomorrow!

I just hope that the EU update is half as good... :/

jvm

Gamasutra.
Not that anyone cares, but I ended up grabbing:
  • Rock Boshers DX - Good, good. Happy to get trophies this time through. And having cloud saving I can (I think!) share with PS4 is kind of neat.
  • Heroes of Loot - So much more fun than on my Nexus 7. A real controller is a must for this kind of game, even though the mobile controls were pretty OK. I can see going back to this one for fun nonsense.
Pretty good fun for under $10.

I think he just stopped (after getting some panty shots of the MC girl lol)

but here's some Yoru No Nai Kuni instead :)
http://www.twitch.tv/yukinori

Haha, I'm actually watching that one :D.

Hope we get to see some combat soon.

It looks pretty fun, if the framerate is as smooth on the V version I really want a western release :)

Lol. Worst kept "secret" ever. it's still a long time until PSX.

My guess is that they're going to announce it during paris games week. Imo the "best" show previous years for vita announcements has been gamescom (tearaway, killzone, minecraft)and this year they didn't have a conference there.

I'm hoping for:

Makai Shin Trillion
Tokyo xanadu
Xcom
World end eclipse
DQ builders
Net High
Salt and sanctuary
Invisible inc
More indies

*Yoru no nai kuni

Confirmation that these are still coming:

Darkest dungeon
Banner saga
*Bastion
Volume
Big fest
Liege

*I know I know but still

Edit: to the people that saw both games (TX and yoru no nai kuni), which one looks more interesting?

YNNK looks a little imprecise, does it not have a lock on?

RK128

My guess is that they're going to announce it during paris games week. Imo the "best" show previous years for vita announcements has been gamescom (tearaway, killzone, minecraft)and this year they didn't have a conference there.

I'm hoping for:

Makai Shin Trillion
Tokyo xanadu
Xcom
World end eclipse
DQ builders
Net High
Salt and sanctuary
Invisible inc
More indies

*Yoru no nai kuni

Darkest dungeon
Banner saga
*Bastion
Volume
Big fest
Liege

*I know I know but still

Gamescom hasn't been that great to Vita last year and this year, but we did get a lot of indie announcements there (with a healthy number of them being dual releases on PS4/Vita), so you do make a good point :).

My bet for Paris Games Week is that the following gets announced/shown off:
-Xcom, Civilization Revolution, Lego Dimensions, Infinity 3.0, and AC Chronicles are announced for Vita; Xcom and Civ. Revolution coming this fall, AC Chronicles early 2016 and Lego/Infinity 3.0 coming March 2016.
*Every Lego game has come to Vita so far, so handheld versions of Dimensions has to be coming at some point. Infinity 2.0 came out early this year for Vita, so I could see 3.0 doing the same thing next year
-Announced indies are shown off; Mighty No. 9, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Salt and Sanctuary, Bastion, Axiom Verge, and other Vita indie games shown off and/or given release dates
-More Vita colors coming to the west next year and (hopefully) the 64GB MC comes to EU with those new colors as well *Not likely to happen :(*
-PS4 gets a big spot light there; western release dates for FFXV, Persona 5, KH 2.8, Gravity Rush 2 and Remastered plus other JP games shown off/announced at TGS this year get release dates for western releases plus new gameplay to show off
-Dragon Quest XI gets officially announced for western release for a stock '2016' date, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 gets announced for Mid-Summer release in the west on PS4 and Vita, DQ Builders gets announced for Late-Summer release in the west on PS4/Vita
-Gameplay demos for FFXV and/or KH3; new world announcements for KH3
-Sony shows off GT7 for the first time on PS4; fall 2016 release date
-Sony announces Team Ico Collection for PS4 and Vita; PS4 version gets included demo of Last Guardian while Vita version gets behind the scenes development footage of the title. Comes out early 2016 for both platforms and developed by Bluepoint, Armpature or Sanzaru Games.

I'm hoping for:

Makai Shin Trillion
Tokyo xanadu
Xcom
World end eclipse
DQ builders
Net High
Salt and sanctuary
Invisible inc
More indies

*Yoru no nai kuni

Darkest dungeon
Banner saga
*Bastion
Volume
Big fest
Liege

*I know I know but still

I can see it being PSX rather than PGW. I know what you mean about European trade shows being better for Vita, but it's clearly Gio Corsi's team who organized the port and he's more likely to show at a USA show.

(Btw, I'm still looking forward to Bastion too).

As for announcements, I'm after:

- Makai Shin Trillion
- Neptunia vs. Zombie Army
- Hero Must Die
- Yomawari
- Operation Babel
- Luminous Arc Infinity
- Tokyo Xanadu
- Utawarerumono
- 13 Mecha Soldier Defence Force (or whatever that Vanillaware game is called)
- Yoru no Nai Kuni
- Atelier Sophie
- Steins;Gate 0
- Exist Archive

All of which I think have a reasonable chance of coming across (wishful thinking? Probably). Not announced during PGW or PSX though.

I'm expecting a bit of Gio Corsi stuff at PSX including XCOM/Civ and some indie ports. Maybe another western-developed internal port again.

-Sony announces Team Ico Collection for PS4 and Vita; PS4 version gets included demo of Last Guardian while Vita version gets behind the scenes development footage of the title. Comes out early 2016 for both platforms and developed by Bluepoint, Armpature or Sanzaru Games.

Lol. I don't see them bringing it to Vita. They can't even be arsed with Journey on Vita.

I forgot about Assassin's Creed Chronicles. I guess that's a PSX announcement too.

As for Disney Infinity 3.0, I can see it happening too, purely because Panic Button Games are working on something for Vita. I don't see LEGO happening though.

RK128

I can see it being PSX rather than PGW. I know what you mean about European trade shows being better for Vita, but it's clearly Gio Corsi's team who organized the port and he's more likely to show at a USA show.

(Btw, I'm still looking forward to Bastion too).

As for announcements, I'm after:

- Makai Shin Trillion
- Neptunia vs. Zombie Army
- Hero Must Die

- Yomawari
- Operation Babel
- Luminous Arc Infinity
- Tokyo Xanadu

- Utawarerumono
- 13 Mecha Soldier Defence Force (or whatever that Vanillaware game is called)
- Yoru no Nai Kuni
- Atelier Sophie
- Steins;Gate 0
- Exist Archive

All of which I think have a reasonable chance of coming across (wishful thinking? Probably). Not announced during PGW or PSX though.

I'm expecting a bit of Gio Corsi stuff at PSX including XCOM/Civ and some indie ports. Maybe another western-developed internal port again.

The bolded are ones I feel you shouldn't worry about; they are all big games with no western announcement yet; they will be coming to Vita next year alongside other announced games like Digimon Cyber Sleuth :). Anything Complete Heart is bound to come over honestly, so don't worry about the Neptuina spin-offs; all of them will come over in due time (starting with Victory II early next year on PS4).

I wonder what other random western ports Sony could make this time......I guess either of the following:
-Resident Evil: REmake HD
-Disney Infinity 3.0 and/or Lego Dimensions
-Bioshock 1
-Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Remake I see having a shot thanks to Revelations 2 being ported to Vita, Sony might want a kid-friendly Vita release next year so either Dimensions or Infinity 3.0 are likely bets to fill that spot, Bioshock 1 will go along nicely with the other rumored 2K ports and CoD: BO3 would be a smart move for an early 2016 release (they have exclusive deals with Activision, they could have another developer port the game over to Vita, and even have your save from Declassified carry over something into this one).

Lol. I don't see them bringing it to Vita. They can't even be arsed with Journey on Vita.

I forgot about Assassin's Creed Chronicles. I guess that's a PSX announcement too.

As for Disney Infinity 3.0, I can see it happening too, purely because Panic Button Games are working on something for Vita. I don't see LEGO happening though.

Good point with Ico Collection; Sony doesn't care enough about the Vita to do that sadly :(. Plus if we get a developer with little Vita experience, it could run bad on Vita (worse than Jak Collection).

AC Chronicles I could see coming too and I feel that could be either a PGS or PSX announcement.

Infinity 3.0 has a great shot at happening, due to Disney being very friendly with Sony on handheld games (Epic Mickey 2, Muppets Vita, Infinity 2.0, many PSP ports of Pixar Movie games, ect).

Saphirax

Gamescom hasn't been that great to Vita last year and this year, but we did get a lot of indie announcements there (with a healthy number of them being dual releases on PS4/Vita), so you do make a good point :).

My bet for Paris Games Week is that the following gets announced/shown off:
-Xcom, Civilization Revolution, Lego Dimensions, Infinity 3.0, and AC Chronicles are announced for Vita; Xcom and Civ. Revolution coming this fall, AC Chronicles early 2016 and Lego/Infinity 3.0 coming March 2016.
*Every Lego game has come to Vita so far, so handheld versions of Dimensions has to be coming at some point. Infinity 2.0 came out early this year for Vita, so I could see 3.0 doing the same thing next year
-Announced indies are shown off; Mighty No. 9, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Salt and Sanctuary, Bastion, Axiom Verge, and other Vita indie games shown off and/or given release dates
-More Vita colors coming to the west next year and (hopefully) the 64GB MC comes to EU with those new colors as well *Not likely to happen :(*
-PS4 gets a big spot light there; western release dates for FFXV, Persona 5, KH 2.8, Gravity Rush 2 and Remastered plus other JP games shown off/announced at TGS this year get release dates for western releases plus new gameplay to show off
-Dragon Quest XI gets officially announced for western release for a stock '2016' date, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 gets announced for Mid-Summer release in the west on PS4 and Vita, DQ Builders gets announced for Late-Summer release in the west on PS4/Vita
-Gameplay demos for FFXV and/or KH3; new world announcements for KH3
-Sony shows off GT7 for the first time on PS4; fall 2016 release date

Release date for XV will be announced in March 2016. KH3 I believe will show up at another Disney event. And I don't think we'll be seeing a Persona 5 release date any time soon.

RK128

Release date for XV will be announced in March 2016. KH3 I believe will show up at another Disney event. And I don't think we'll be seeing a Persona 5 release date any time soon.

Good point with FFXV; they just gave a stock 2016 announcement recently....don't think they would have a set date in place by now (if Dragon Quest XI is coming over alongside the spin-off games Heroes 2 and Builders, they can hold-off on FFXV and KH3 for another year).

KH3 I feel will at least have a new trailer showing off gameplay of the BH6 and Tangled worlds though.

VLiberty

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Velocity - Played my fill, I think. Enjoyed what I played.
  • Rocketbirds - Really? Haven't played it, but don't recall hearing anything that would draw me in.

• Velocity: If you're referring to Ultra, you should check out 2X. Bring much more to the table

Rocketbirds: It's a cinematic platformer(like POP89 or Another World) with lots of focus on shooting.

Not that anyone cares, but I ended up grabbing:
    • Rock Boshers DX - Good, good. Happy to get trophies this time through. And having cloud saving I can (I think!) share with PS4 is kind of neat.
    • Heroes of Loot - So much more fun than on my Nexus 7. A real controller is a must for this kind of game, even though the mobile controls were pretty OK. I can see going back to this one for fun nonsense.
    Pretty good fun for under $10.

What's Heroes of Loot about? I was under the under impression that it's a Zelda-like adventure game, is it true?

autoduelist

Lol. Worst kept "secret" ever. it's still a long time until PSX.

To be fair, only people with their noses in vita threads will know xcom is coming. It'll surprise many.

That's not really how it works though. The decision to port is based on a whole lot of factors, from projected sales to port complexity. For all we know they played around with a Journey port and realized the sand physics just brought it to a halt. Even if they never touched it, the decision to port Ico would pretty much have zero correlation with Journey. You might as well say 'I think we're getting it, after all, we're finally getting Xcom!'.

Top Bottom