• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

The increased value of the USD vs the SEK (Sweden) has made it more expensive to buy from US PSN and I had considered buying Bloodborne from the Swedish PSN store but the 10% discount code I got from Sony today made the US PSN version 14$ cheaper than the SE version.
Which was nice.

VLiberty

Pockett also said that Activision would have ported out of nowhere Spongebob and Geometry Wars to Vita.

Too bad I think that a 2D AC doesn't make much sense, but maybe is a good game on its own

So. Oreshika.
Everyone really, really should buy this game. It's $20, which is both 'damn cheap' for a game of this quality, and 'damn expensive' because it's $20 out of pocket. But wow. This game is -beautiful-, unique, deep, and just smart all around. There is so much good in this game, so many systems, fast/fluid combat, a real sense of progression as you go through the generations mating with gods (tons of them, all well designed and with 3d spinnable models).

Dungeons/labyrinths/areas are complex and interlocking... they actually -feel- like dungeons moreso than almost any game i can think of. Beautifully drawn pathways that arc around in vertical space. Like, the dungeons sort of feel like what you might imagine an actual cavern with tons of interlocking tunnels might feel like... not floor 1, 2, 3, but just one big web.

Enemies, gods, your characters, backgrounds... everything is just so pretty. I don't generally care about art in games... i can play ascii games. But this is just so undeniably pretty.

Stats, mating/genetics, tactics, and general planning are as deep or as simple as you want them to be. for example, you can just blindly mate with a recommended god, or you can carefully craft your genetic history by hand picking gods that will mod your characters in specific ways. (i generally just go with whatever). Or, you can just ignore stats and recommendations and go with whatever god has physical features you like (Say, cat ears) and try to introduce them into your clan.

So many features are like that -- for example, you can just go with powerful items you lewt around dungeons, or you can carefully groom heirloom weapons that you pass down from generation to generation. Which you do is up to you -- one way, you get that 'feel' of new lewt in a dungeon, the other way you get that 'feel' of slowly making your own s-tier weapon. Same with armor. And of course, since you have a full team you can do it both ways.

Characters die, but there is no timed progression in the game... if you miss a vital event one year, just go next year (12 'turns' later). ] I could ramble about this game forever. It's fantastic. I'm on the 'long play setting' (supposed to take 100 hours) and I don't see myself burning out.

Buy this game.

Sounds like you already got this going, but never take it as a loss that quickly. You have proof of purchase, it'll work itself out.

But yeah, the storefront has been a bit glitchy for a couple months now about correctly showing what you own. I'm sure they're well aware of it by now, hopefully gets fixed soon.

far more important than anywhere else, thankfully.

This is the truth. The less time you have, the more finding/buying games becomes the game. Heck, I can spend 6 hours just researching if there are any new roguelikes out there I should check out ... that's 6 hours spent not playing games in my backlog, that's 6 hours of adding games to my backlog, and that's .06% chance I'll play any of them.

Stop second guessing yourself. If you enjoy getting the games, and can afford it... then it's likely more healthy just accepting that you like to buy them than it is guilt tripping yourself over it. Don't get me wrong-- it's also good to take some of that spare money and feed some stray cats or something... but don't beat yourself up over buying a $10 game as long as you're not putting your family at risk in doing so. Better than buying a beer or a pack of cigs, at least.

I was waiting/hoping for you to put my thoughts into words and you made it all worth the wait :)

VLiberty

The worst thing about this inconsistent Ubisoft support(Child of Light last year out of nowhere, now AC) is that it leads me to hope that they'll eventually port their HD collections to Vita.

I'd kill for POP Trilogy, Rayman 3 and BGE on Vita... :/

Tapejara

The worst thing about this inconsistent Ubisoft support(Child of Light last year out of nowhere, now AC) is that it leads me to hope that they'll eventually port their HD collections to Vita.

I'd kill for POP Trilogy, Rayman 3 and BGE on Vita... :/

Now I want Splinter Cell Trilogy on Vita. Mmm, Splinter Cell and MGS on the go...

He's actually a pretty nice guy when he isn't talking.
image.php

So much tsun for Baekshi :p

Looks great, I am gonna have to go on LINE and tell him that he really made me want to buy it.

Hope that english Steins;Gate vita sells so we can get other 5pb games. I want that Robotics;Notes vita game too.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
A flash sale so close to the recent one will hurt wallets. Especially if its another good one too.

Are there any Vita (OG) charging cables that aren't so bulky?

I was trying to setup my 3DS and Vita side-by-side in docks on my wetbar but the massive Vita cables really sours the otherwise sleek setup.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I finished the 3rd birthday.

holy crap, what a terrible plot, full of characters you dont care about. gameplay is pretty fun though.

SerTapTap

I didn't get far in Third Birthday. Just feels off. Plus PSP controls, arg.

Are there any Vita (OG) charging cables that aren't so bulky?

I was trying to setup my 3DS and Vita side-by-side in docks on my wetbar but the massive Vita cables really sours the otherwise sleek setup.

You can use only the USB end if you want and have a different AC adapter for USB I think. Not sure that works as well as the official adapter though

You can use only the USB end if you want and have a different AC adapter for USB I think. Not sure that works as well as the official adapter though
Do you know if an iPhone adapter work? I have a few extras. I don't think I'll ever need my Vita to charge quickly, so that part won't bother me.

SerTapTap

Do you know if an iPhone adapter work? I have a few extras. I don't think I'll ever need my Vita to charge quickly, so that part won't bother me.

In my experience all AC adapters that have a USB plug work basically the same but I don't know about iphone specifically. Try it out before you depend on it I guess.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? The 'buy' option shows up for games I already own digitally. I have this both for Bloodborne and Final Fantasy XIV. I've tried Restoring licences. I can start the games fine, its just annoying this 'Buy' option shows up.

http://imgur.com/5TjlUPr

SerTapTap

Has anyone else encountered this issue? The 'buy' option shows up for games I already own digitally. I have this both for Bloodborne and Final Fantasy XIV. I've tried Restoring licences. I can start the games fine, its just annoying this 'Buy' option shows up.

http://imgur.com/5TjlUPr

Yeah I've seen that before, dunno if it has to do with different SKUs or what. As long as it's in your library/download list you're good though.

VLiberty

Ubisoft's Vita support is so friggin weird. I swear they just roll dice at this point.

I'm happy as long as we get more qaulity games, but I wish they were more consistent. Of course I'm not expecting AC Unity or Far Cry 4 nor new exclusive games, but if you're porting some minor games to Vita, why not just port all of them? If you're still porting games then it means that you're expecting those to sell at least decently. Then why don't you also release Valiant Hearts, the HD collections, Prince of Persia The Shadow and the Flame remake and other small-budget things like this?

Again, Rayman Legends, CoL and ACC are definitely better than nothing(the fact that we got a perfect port of Legends is actually amazing, even though I've yet to get it), but what's the reason behind the release (or lack thereof) of just some games?

Thieve

Neo Member
After a couple weeks of thinking it over, I'm still on the fence about importing a Vita (I want the red so bad though!)

If I got this, I know the download codes would only work on JP PSN, but would the games already on the card still work here, or would it wipe them once I added a US PSN account?

I'd still need to get a US charging cable too, right? Also, are the screen protectors with that bundle decent? (sorry for so many questions!)

Top Bottom