• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus sending out a survey.....time to give them feedback on pricing!

ultrazilla

So around 8:30am Eastern time this morning I got an email from Official Playstation for a quick 5 minute "Playstation Plus" survey.

Since I cancelled my service when they raised prices substantially recently, you bet I filled out the survey and left them feedback.

I basically rated their "Plus" service either "neutral" or "very disappointing" when it came to specific features like variety of games, cloud storage, discounts, etc.

My main complaint I left with them was that I think their multiplayer "service" is missing a big key pricing tier: a tier for playing strictly multiplayer. I gave them pricing between
$20-$40 a year TOPS for the ability to just play multiplayer online. For example Destiny 2 or Elden Ring Co-Op. I'm not spending $80 on Essential when all I want is to play multiplayer on
the console especially when I can play online for free on those titles on my PC.

Along with that, it's basically value to pricing. I felt the recent price hikes didn't reflect more value for the customer with little to no new "extras" included to make up for the higher pricing.

So keep your eyes on your email and if you're someone who was pissed off at the price increases on Playstation Plus, now's the time to let Sony know you're not happy.

Cheers!

Kupfer

So around 8:30am Eastern time this morning I got an email from Official Playstation for a quick 5 minute "Playstation Plus" survey.

Since I cancelled my service when they raised prices substantially recently, you bet I filled out the survey and left them feedback.

I basically rated their "Plus" service either "neutral" or "very disappointing" when it came to specific features like variety of games, cloud storage, discounts, etc.

My main complaint I left with them was that I think their multiplayer "service" is missing a big key pricing tier: a tier for playing strictly multiplayer. I gave them pricing between
$20-$40 a year TOPS for the ability to just play multiplayer online. For example Destiny 2 or Elden Ring Co-Op. I'm not spending $80 on Essential when all I want is to play multiplayer on
the console especially when I can play online for free on those titles on my PC.

Along with that, it's basically value to pricing. I felt the recent price hikes didn't reflect more value for the customer with little to no new "extras" included to make up for the higher pricing.

So keep your eyes on your email and if you're someone who was pissed off at the price increases on Playstation Plus, now's the time to let Sony know you're not happy.

Cheers!
Why do you say you want to pay money for multiplayer when, as you say, it's free on the PC and you're only interested in the MP?
I mean that gives them the idea to launch PS Plus MP only for $40/year instead of offering it for free if enough people say goodbye and avoid multiplayer titles.

If you're going to survey, you might as well go all in

EDIT:
My subscription also expired this month and I won't be renewing it after like nearly a decade. Fuck PS Plus.
Haven't gotten a survey yet though

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Sony:

200w.gif

I cancelled mine too (or just let it expire) i'm not paying $80+ a year to play online games. I don't care that much about the other crap and the ocassional good free monthly game they offer. If they let me keep it after the plus expires like a truly free offering I might be more incentivized but their pricing model in it's current form is just an absurd cashgrab. Lower it and i'll come back, otherwise ... see ya around Sony!

Maddoxswe

Gold Member
Yepp both ps plus and gamepass is shit ( for me and i don’t speak for everyone).

I came to a point where i canceled both ps plus and i have gamepass for a couple of weeks because i tried Hellblade 2. But after that i’m done paying for renting games. Or heck even paying for playing online, that’s a scam right there.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Let my plus expire last month too. Was there since day 1. Was just kind of done with subscriptions in general and then the price increase occurred. It was enough for me. I’d rather just buy my stuff and actually own instead of being at their whim.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PS3 is a device that I can play online for free meanwhile people on PS4, and 5 surrendered their wallets to SONY every month, year.

bill goldberg mic drop GIF by WWE

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Games are costing more and taking longer to make, so I think its not in the least surprising for the pricing of these services to reflect that.

The way I see it is that for years and years overall market expansion has shielded us from the economic reality, basically volume sales have compensated for revenue (back to the dev) per unit falling off in real terms.

Problem is overall market growth has stalled out, with the effect on these service offerings being hit even harder because they are entirely based on subscriber numbers underwriting everything... so they really need to be tied to production cost which in turn is effected by general economics and inflation...

People need to wake up and smell the coffee about this, because honestly I cannot see an argument around the fact that when it comes to things like PS+ and Game Pass, the totality of the "commodity" element of the equation is the subscriber count; So if that number cannot compensate for climbing costs on the production side, prices will have to move in lockstep with inflation or content acquisition will need to be cut back!

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Which games are still playable online? Wouldn't mind stepping 2 gens back for some oldschool online fun
Definitely BF4! until November when they close the servers, included also are black ops, ghosts, oh and socom confrontation but to make the last happen you have to change your DNS settings in network.

mdkirby

They need to add stuff for power users who own most of the games already by the time they are added to the service. Like an extra $10 off new releases for ps premium members etc.

aclar00

No survey for me, but in similar boat as OP. I have a ceiling for online play and that is about $40 a year. This true basic tier should include online play, additional cloud storage and PS+ discounts. Though i dont use cloud storage, a basic amount should be availabe to all PSN users and upgraded amount should be provided with PS+.

xrnzaaas

Sony doesn't need any surveys. They want every penny from you, it's as simple plan. I'm pretty sure they have tons of measuring tools to find out if they went too far, especially if the numbers will show losing more longterm subs than usual.

Nydius

Gold Member
Haven’t seen a survey but if I do get one I’ll give my honest opinion, which is in line with OP’s. My Essential tier plan ended back on the June 3rd and I have zero interest in paying for it again. I don’t use online play enough to make it worthwhile, and most of the games they give out every month I’ve either already played or have no interest in.

If they had like a $20 per year plan that was just online play and cloud saves with no other benefits, I might be inclined to buy it. But $80 for the bare minimum? That’s a hard pass.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
When it comes to paying for Playstation plus which idea excites you the most:
a) Paying more for the same
b) Paying more for less
c) Paying a lot more for the same
d) Paying a lot more for a lot less

Stratostar

Let my sub expire back in April and got a survey in my inbox a few weeks later. It won’t change a damn thing but you’d better believe I left some scathing feedback. 80 bucks a year, minimum, for permission to play online in games I bought, on a console I bought, using the internet I pay for. Laughable.
Anyone continuing to sub is getting fleeced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom