• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

fart town usa

Gold Member
i realize i'll get booed for this, but i pray ReturnalVR is third person. ideally both, but if i was forced to choose...
I wish there was an option to play RE4 in 3rd person. Same with Helldivers. Hell, most games.

The simple change in perspective is cool enough for me and it's the main reason Astrobot is so damn memorable because gameplay wise, Rescue Mission is nothing special at all.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I just finished my first run of Big Shots. The game is not bad and is really easy to pick up and have fun instantly. Gameplay is quite cool with different weapons and upgrades to get during the runs, and it is really fun to be able to play a big mech.

That said, the game feels really barebone and too simplistic: its just a wave shooter with a roguelite progression and the maps are static and very small. There are also a few small issues like the jetpack that requires you to physically use a lever, meaning dropping one of your weapong while doing so and a few minor polish problems.

All in all, its an okay game, but 25 bucks feel too expensive, especially when you compare to the other rogues on the system. If you are interested I advise you to wait for a 50% discount and not to expect more than 5 to 10 hours of gameplay.

5/10

On another topic, did one of you play Ruins Magus or Galaxy Kart?

They are both on sales and picked my interest but I read mixed things about these online.
Ruins Magus is a good game. The HUB world is limited but it is really charming and the dungeons you navigate are cool. It's not a JRPG, it's an action game with a JRPG look.

I thought most reviews for PSVR2 were too harsh. Definitely worth getting IMO.

edit- Galaxy Kart is kind of shit to me but kudos to the developers for constantly updating it for free. Worth a purchase for supporting them IMO but it was just boring to me, no sense of speed, etc. Played a few courses and dropped it, just didn't engage me at all.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Ruins Magus is a good game. The HUB world is limited but it is really charming and the dungeons you navigate are cool. It's not a JRPG, it's an action game with a JRPG look.

I thought most reviews for PSVR2 were too harsh. Definitely worth getting IMO.

edit- Galaxy Kart is kind of shit to me but kudos to the developers for constantly updating it for free. Worth a purchase for supporting them IMO but it was just boring to me, no sense of speed, etc. Played a few courses and dropped it, just didn't engage me at all.
Thanks for your feedback, I think I will get Ruins Magus and wait for Galaxy Kart.

My backlog is getting ridiculous.

SilentUser

Thanks for your feedback, I think I will get Ruins Magus and wait for Galaxy Kart.

My backlog is getting ridiculous.
I have Galaxy Kart but barely play it for a few reasons: 1. my lack of free time to play a game; 2. prioritazing other games whenever I have the opportunity to play; and 3. the game is good, they added a lot of content and improved performance, but it is still a kart racing game, a genre I don't usually play much.

PanzerCute

I have Galaxy Kart but barely play it for a few reasons: 1. my lack of free time to play a game; 2. prioritazing other games whenever I have the opportunity to play; and 3. the game is good, they added a lot of content and improved performance, but it is still a kart racing game, a genre I don't usually play much.
Thanks for your reply man. I bought Ruins Magus and will pass on Galaxy Kart for now.

I am lucky as I have a shit ton of play time nowadays as I am between two contracts, so I try to enjoy it while it lasts.

PanzerCute

I just finished Ruins Magus and also got the platinum.

Damn that was GREAT! I am so surprised by the quality of this game! The visuals are beautiful, the music is amazing, the characters are goofy like in a 16 bits JRPG, the story is simple but efficient and the gameplay is fast paced and very addictive. The game also has some very interesting ideas in terms of direction, and punched way above its weight numerous times.

It really is a mini japanese Dungeon RPG, reminding me of games like Etrian Odyssey, and I fell in love with it almost instantly.

It is not perfect by any mean or an absolute must have for the system, but if you like this kind of japanese games, go for it! And in terms of content it is also pretty good: it took me between 9 to 10 hours to get the platinum.

Damn, what a great little game!

8/10

Pelao

I grabbed the Red Matter 1 and 2 pack, and Jurassic World Aftermath on sale.
I played about two hours of Red Matter 1 and, holy shit, I wasn't prepared for how good the game looks. It's insane. Plus the puzzles are very intuitive and fun to solve. I can't wait to see how Red Matter 2 improves on this.

sncvsrtoip

Unannounced as in unannounced PSVR2 title or just a game we alreay now/have is going to support bHaptics?
its gta5 vr or cyberpunk... :messenger_grinning_squinting:
here list from reddit with support for bHaptics on steam
Released on VR2Announced for VR2No information/not announced
AlvoAces of Thunder (War Thunder)Blade & Sorcery
Ancient DungeonCOMPOUNDContractors
Arizona Sunshine 2Ghosts of TaborInto The Radius
Bad DreamsPhasmophobiaOnward
Beat SaberUndead CitadelSniper Elite
Cosmodread
cyubeVR
Epic Roller Coasters
GORN
Hubris
Legendary Tales
Pavlov
Pistol Whip
Propagation Paradise Hotel
SURV1V3
Synth Riders
The Walking Dead S&S 2
Zenith

Last edited:

SilentUser

its gta5 vr or cyberpunk... :messenger_grinning_squinting:
here list from reddit with support for bHaptics on steam
Released on VR2Announced for VR2No information/not announced
AlvoAces of Thunder (War Thunder)Blade & Sorcery
Ancient DungeonCOMPOUNDContractors
Arizona Sunshine 2Ghosts of TaborInto The Radius
Bad DreamsPhasmophobiaOnward
Beat SaberUndead CitadelSniper Elite
Cosmodread
cyubeVR
Epic Roller Coasters
GORN
Hubris
Legendary Tales
Pavlov
Pistol Whip
Propagation Paradise Hotel
SURV1V3
Synth Riders
The Walking Dead S&S 2
Zenith
My brother likes Into the Radius a lot, but I never tried. I think that would be a nice announcement, same as Blade & Sorcery. But to be honest, I would love to be something brand new 😅

PanzerCute

Very good news, Hellsplit Arena is confirmed to release on PSVR2!

Sony PlayStation VR2 Release
It’s long been rumored on the web that we plan to release our game on PSVR2 platform. And yes, it’s not a rumor! We are really working on porting of our game to this platform. The game the same will be released in an updated version there, including the update 1.3 and special optimizations which will use the capacities of the modern VR device by Sony to the maximum. The release of this update is planned for Q2 2025. More details will follow in one of the next announcements!
source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1039880/view/4187861970985041777?l=english

And if you guys want to see what the game looks like on PC, here is a video:

The game will come packed with content and improvements, and it is really nice to read that the devs want to use the PSVR2 as its full potential!

Only issue is that we have a year to wait.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
so what are the options for third person games on psvr2? is it even a handful? it's really annoying me at this point, and i've been very patient. damn if only Dreams had gotten a VR2 update... that game was amazing even with crappy vr.

R6Rider

Gold Member
so what are the options for third person games on psvr2? is it even a handful? it's really annoying me at this point, and i've been very patient. damn if only Dreams had gotten a VR2 update... that game was amazing even with crappy vr.
The Moss games are. The Stellaris spin-off game is. Tentacular kind of is.

PanzerCute

Some content creators had the chance to play Behemoth today apparently. On PSVR2. They did not say anything about the quality but we should hear more about the game soon. With a PS Showcase rumoured to happen this month, I think we can expect a gameplay reveal there.

I really hope Sony shows some love for PSVR2 during this event. Astro 2 hopefully is a PSVR2 or at least hybrid games, and I still have hopes for Ace Combat 8 (these cheeky tweets between Yoshida and the game director about VR made me think the full game should be fully playable in PSVR2), Resident Evil 9, and some surprises.

Guess we will know soon.

SilentUser

Some content creators had the chance to play Behemoth today apparently. On PSVR2. They did not say anything about the quality but we should hear more about the game soon. With a PS Showcase rumoured to happen this month, I think we can expect a gameplay reveal there.

I really hope Sony shows some love for PSVR2 during this event. Astro 2 hopefully is a PSVR2 or at least hybrid games, and I still have hopes for Ace Combat 8 (these cheeky tweets between Yoshida and the game director about VR made me think the full game should be fully playable in PSVR2), Resident Evil 9, and some surprises.

Guess we will know soon.

Soooo, are we finally going to see the game? Maybe there really is a PS showcase incoming and it might feature PSVR2 titles :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Soooo, are we finally going to see the game? Maybe there really is a PS showcase incoming and it might feature PSVR2 titles :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I mean, if they dont show any PSVR2 title at a Showcase, one year after the system released, that would be a PR tragedy. They kinda HAVE to.

But nothing surprises me anymore with Sony this gen.

Top Bottom