• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Yeah, not too surprising it'll evolve into Sylveon.

If they did blindside us with another new Eevee, that'd be pretty awesome. >_>

Chase17

I would find it pretty funny if it just randomly ended up a Flareon or something.

Unrelated: Jessie just randomly has a lickitung now. Does Netflix not have all the season 1 episodes or was that catch from an episode that didn't get of of Japan?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would find it pretty funny if it just randomly ended up a Flareon or something.

Unrelated: Jessie just randomly has a lickitung now. Does Netflix not have all the season 1 episodes or was that catch from an episode that didn't get of of Japan?

Happens in an episode called Princess versus Princess. Jessie is pissed at some random Lickitung and throws a ball at it, catching it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

There's some weirdness with the schedule of Season 1 or something I recall, has something to do with the Seizure incident...and then the dub also postponed the capture episode too.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/kanto/ep052_out_of_order.html

(Beroringa is Lickitung)

Interesting that it seems Pikachu's Goodbye was apparently not intended originally and likely made as a sort of "we're back!" when the show returned following the hiatus.

Chase17

Oh ok. I figured something must have been up. Good to not it isn't even the most eventful capture. Perhaps it will come up in one of the next episodes then if order is messed up.

Edit: Looked at the episode listings and it isn't there. Oh well. Good to know I didn't miss anything huge though.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh ok. I figured something must have been up. Good to not it isn't even the most eventful capture. Perhaps it will come up in one of the next episodes then if order is messed up.

Edit: Looked at the episode listings and it isn't there. Oh well. Good to know I didn't miss anything huge though.

Have you got to where James' gets his second Pokemon yet?

So do we know who's Ash's 6th Pokémon going to be?

Also, do you think Serena will follow Ash to the next region or stay in Kalos?

I watched that Serena episode where she fucked up and embarrassed her poor Fennekin. Reason I brought that up is cause that old I'm too good for this shit hag is either going to offer her and her Pokémon a modeling contract or she's going to follow Ash and Misty would be damned.

So do we know who's Ash's 6th Pokémon going to be?

I watched that Serena episode where she fucked up and embarrassed her poor Fennekin. Reason I brought that up is cause that old I'm too good for this shit hag is either going to offer her and her Pokémon a modeling contract or she's going to follow Ash and Misty would be damned.

XY&Z has signs that says it'll be Sceptile

Serena will probably leave after region like all the past female sidekicks

While I do think she's probably the best sidekick so far, it's probably better so she doesn't overstay her welcome

tbt, I like all of the travelling group this time but will be ok if they all leave at the end of the region as usual

Mr-Joker

Banned
tbqh I rationalize Thunder Armor with Guts.

Anyway I really hate two of the Unova gym leaders, one was for Ash dumbassery (BW eh) and one was for Roxie shilling.

Oh and some toy catalog of sorts for the anime. Sylveon is an odd one out, I guess it confirms Serena's Eevee becomes one.

Also Bonnie nicknames the Core she found as "Puni-chan".

hJWk2Ww.jpg

So Eevee will evolve into a Sylveon, how delightfully boring, I guess I can skip over the episode of Serena catching it.

Yeah, not too surprising it'll evolve into Sylveon.

If they did blindside us with another new Eevee, that'd be pretty awesome. >_>

Yeah I was kinda hoping it would be a new eeveelutions, even if it was like a 0000000000000.5% chance of being one.

Either stay in Kalos or go to another region just without Ash.

Ash will drop her for the gen 7 girl and Serena can come back for a cameo like how Misty, May and Dawn did.

Sceptile's probably going to be Sawyer's, not Ash's.

That's what I thought as well but Sawyer wasn't on the poster, plus we know that Ash's team lack a Grass type.

Sceptile will likely be Ash's sixth slot and complete his disappointing team.

Chase17

Holy ice weakness if sceptile is Ash's sixth member (I haven't watched any of XY yet but know his team).

It always surprised me that Brock continued to stick around for the most part.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Holy ice weakness if sceptile is Ash's sixth member (I haven't watched any of XY yet but know his team).

It always surprised me that Brock continued to stick around for the most part.

Yep, Ash's Kalos team has a major weakness to both Rock, Electric and Ice, though 3 Pokémon of his Sinnoh team was weak to Ice but at least they were at least different types and all flying types.

The Writer might as give Ash Vivillon and Yveltal on his team to complete his Kalos flying team.

I wonder if the low Pokémon count is the reason to why Ash has an underwhelming Kalos team?

Busaiku

Fairy and Electric are the main threats, Rock, Dragon, and Ice less so.
Talonflame and Hawlucha are neutral to Ice, Hawlucha is neutral to Rock.
3 weak to Fairy, 3 to Electric.

But at least he destroys Ground!

Watch Da Birdie

I mean, going by the games, Talonflame can pretty much wreck Wulfric.

Anyway, back to the thing about Lickitung, that reminds me...Team Rocket NEEDS more than 2 Pokemon this season (well, they have Wobbuffet who seems more confident now, but I mean battlers that aren't gimmicks). On one hand, it's weird how Inkay and Pumpkaboo are depicted as being so strong that they regularly seem to place Ash and co. (and even Lucario in the Korrina episodes) in a bind, when in past seasons it didn't seem like they got the upper hand as much, but I just wanna see more variety from them, especially since they barely use any cool mechas like they used to all the time.

Fucking Best Wishes!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Fairy and Electric are the main threats, Rock, Dragon, and Ice less so.
Talonflame and Hawlucha are neutral to Ice, Hawlucha is neutral to Rock.
3 weak to Fairy, 3 to Electric.

But at least he destroys Ground!

Nope Hawlucha is weak to Ice, fighting doesn't resist Ice type.

JoeM86

In terms of Flying-type weaknesses

Talonflame is weak to Rock and Electric
Hawlucha is weak to Ice and Electric
Noibat is weak to Ice and Rock

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah unlike Red whose team has the same weaknesses, Ash's mons cover each other.

With that said weaknesses and strengths have a tendency to be ignored in the anime, and sometimes played up for drama.

Anyway

LUCHACHU

TM25

Neo Member
I like Ash's team, the anime even made me like Hawlucha considering I'm still not a fan of its design. Still hoping for Doublade or Trevnant in all honesty. Though for the purpose of Mega Evolution, I can see that they might bring back an old Pokemon.

Busaiku

Freaking racist Pumpkaboo.
Nope Hawlucha is weak to Ice, fighting doesn't resist Ice type.
Huh, always thought it was.
In terms of Flying-type weaknesses

Talonflame is weak to Rock and Electric
Hawlucha is weak to Ice and Electric
Noibat is weak to Ice and Rock
And then Mega Sceptile is super weak to Ice.

I think Ash'll lose to Sawyer in the League, who'll win with Fairy.

nikos

Extremely LTTP, but which 3DS game should I start with? The only Pokémon experience I have is partially playing Black/White, and the Ruby/Sapphire demo.

I don't care what gen the GBC is technically in.

I do care that some people in that thread don't seem to understand how amazing it was at the time to play Pokemon on a handheld in color.

Firestorm

DS -> DS Lite -> DSi
GB -> GB Pocket -> GBC

Those ain't new gens. These kids are weird.

And honestly maybe it's because I didn't buy Crystal and also had a Game Gear but the screen quality and clarity was way more impressive to me than colour. The easter egg of holding a direction + button to theme the game was pretty sweet though :3 I'd gone directly from an original Game Boy to a Color (skipped Pocket).

It would have been nice not to have a system that chewed through batteries like there was no tomorrow though - 6 AA batteries for 5 hours, yikes...

In any case, GBC felt like the next step to me, as at the time I wasn't really into following gens :)

brinstar

I don't think I even thought of "gens" the same way back then.

All I know is I ended up skipping the GBC because I made the mistake of asking for a Gameboy Pocket right before the damn thing was announced. Since GBA came out not that long after, I just ended up saving up for that. (and missing Pokemon Crystal, which to this day is the only game in the series I've never played)

Looking back, it's weird I didn't buy more GBC games when I got GBA, but then again when I was a kid I could go only ask for so many games so I probably just prioritized new software.

Vylash

It would have been nice not to have a system that chewed through batteries like there was no tomorrow though - 6 AA batteries for 5 hours, yikes...

In any case, GBC felt like the next step to me, as at the time I wasn't really into following gens :)
yeah, I didn't have a lot of money so having to constantly blow it on batteries was annoying, and lol if you wanted to play at night

Chase17

Has anybody else been picking up some of the pokemon Amiibo?

I'm expecting a bloodbath in November for the Mewtwo amiibo. I've actually only gotten pikachu and charizard (I don't hunt too hard). Hopefuflly Mewtwo isn't retail exclusive.

Is it just me or are used Japanese Pokemon games a fuckton cheaper than their North American counterparts?
Charizard is the only one I actually went out of my way to get.

Might do the same for Mewtwo. I'm actually unsure if the amiibo situation has really improved by now or if it's still pretty scarce for some.
It has apparently improved everywhere but the US.

The problem is that I live in the US.

Has anybody else been picking up some of the pokemon Amiibo?

I'm expecting a bloodbath in November for the Mewtwo amiibo. I've actually only gotten pikachu and charizard (I don't hunt too hard). Hopefuflly Mewtwo isn't retail exclusive.

i guess i do seeing how i have all the smash amiibos so far

Top Bottom