• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon is the origin of many teens homosexuality according to Pastor Creflo Dollar

Meaty

I think those people are trying to reproduce that book that made people believe batman and robin were gay.

Maybe they dont know people are not so guilible nowadays, all they gonna get is people pointing and laughing at their asses.

I'm sure they were perfectly scientific with their findings...

STUDY:

1) How gay do you feel after playing Pokemon?

a) Somewhat gay

b) Moderately gay

c) Super gay

d) Ultra gay

e) Are you the same gender as me? LET'S GET IT ON

f) Evolution is real, I love weed, Hillary Clinton 2016!

tumblr_m2qjcz5PzY1qe2c25.gif

Neiteio

He's not even that, really. He has an honorary doctorate of Divinity from a university founded by a guy who once claimed to see a vision of a 900 foot Jesus. So, any of us could become ordained by any internet website that offers it and be as much of a pastor as this moron.
whoa

that's a tall jesus

Korigama

I think you're reading that passage wrong. It explicitly refers to Monster Hunter.
Eh, I wonder. Leviticus is really set on that whole, "no clothes of two fabrics" thing, and Monster Hunter is pretty big on doing it anyway.

Creflo Dollar...one might as well listen to what a doctor named Malprac Suit tells them while they're at it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pokémon has been the scapegoat of religious zealots since its beginning. I got banned from playing and watching Pokémon because of a television special that said it was propaganda by satanic sects. It sucked.

stn

I played about 100 hours of Pokemon back in the day and I'm straight. Isn't this the "pastor" who sought donations so he could fly in an expensive jet around America? Even though he should be setting an example of humility.

Not

Banned
Don't give this guy a thread. Please

Pokémon has been the scapegoat of religious zealots since its beginning. I got banned from playing and watching Pokémon because of a television special that said it was propaganda by satanic sects. It sucked.

It's because they were all xenophobic and intimidated by Japanese culture. It's way more mainstream now than it was at the time.

Still, Nintendo and namco were around. Who knows. Mario and Pac-Man weren't phenomena like Pokémon though.

Neiteio

I want to go to this guy's church. Should be a riot.
Imagine if you were caught playing Pokemon while the pastor was preaching

"You think that gonna level you up, son? You think that gonna level you up?"

At which point the only way to ward off the crowd will be to whip out your dick and point it at them as you back away out the door.

"Stay back! Stay back or I'll do something gay!"

"Oh my lawd, I think he's serious!"

*woman passes out in the audience*

Ms.Galaxy

According to a study by the Pastor Creflo Dollar Ministy, many teenagers of 1985-1990’s homosexuality was encouraged by video games and cartoon Pokemon.
I'm going to guess how that study went.

"Are you a homosexual?"

"Yes, but why are you--"

"Did you ever played or watch Pokemon?"

"Umm.. Yeah?"

*Few hours later*

"476 out of 500 homosexuals that we interviewed played and saw pokemon, that is the cause of homosexuallity!"

Hey guys, did you know that 99.8% of gay people drink water and eat food?! That must be the cause of it too!

Neiteio

Why serve your fellow man and love people unconditionally like Jesus said, when instead you can hate people for how they're born and blame cartoon animals from Japan?

roknin

Yeah, my younger cousin went through the same thing. Kinda' sucked lol.

I'm not super-religious, but as a Christian its pretty annoying when I see crap like this.

It's been a while since I watched Pokemon, but I remember Brock being a total pussy hound. He was constantly fawning over officer Jenny's and lady trainers and the ladies were always shutting him down.

ghostjoke

Banned
First gaming was able to create psychopaths.
Now we find out is was creating homosexuals.
Is there anything it can't do?

It's been a while since I watched Pokemon, but I remember Brock being a total pussy hound. He was constantly fawning over officer Jenny's and lady trainers and the ladies were always shutting him down.

All a guise to hide his homosexual urges for Ash.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's because they were all xenophobic and intimidated by Japanese culture. It's way more mainstream now than it was at the time.
Said special was aired by the rival tv station of the company that aired Pokémon in Mexico. They were just jelly.

Ms.Galaxy

Friend of mine suffered the same kind of thing. Parents refused to let him play videogames and watch anything outside of Catholic Television because that stuff was "brainwashing our children's minds to be gay, tranny commies."

That same friend is now happily married to a man.

Umm

I like the pink shorts.

tumblr_lve7djgkrq1qgppkeo1_400.jpg

Dear God, they were right...

My reaction is, people are still trying to sell Pokemon as the Window to Satan's Mind? That article is like a portal to 1998, assuming this whole thing isn't satire. (And if it's satire, it's still 20 years late.)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Friend of mine suffered the same kind of thing. Parents refused to let him play videogames and watch anything outside of Catholic Television because that stuff was "brainwashing our children's minds to be gay, tranny commies."

OMG they were right!1!111!!1!1

That same friend is now happily married to a man

Damn you Bulbasaur!

Xater

It's almost as if he was actually born gay. Or did you secretly let him play your Pokemon games?

I think that was unique to the American Pokemon show.

Did Japan show the same thing?

Top Bottom