• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionitron

I'm so excited about the terrain in this game.

1) There's elevation.
2) The behind the camera view is not broken (WTF X/Y)
3) Towns are not in x/y axis, buildings are turned.

The region is shaping up to be the most impresive thing from the trailer.

Leaf Owl and Litten are looking to be absolutely cute. Water... ehg..sdfsd.f.s....

It's going to happen but I hope the evolutions are not completely fucked, lol.

The starters ALL look good. The water is the best and my pick though.

The new proportions are great - they looked really off in X/Y.

Overworld is a huge upgrade, really excited to explore. Hawaiiiiii!

All in all, a good first impression. I just hope the game isn't dreadfully dull and generic like X/Y, though.

This is what the mom (somewhat) looks like in XY:

Grace_anime.png

You can make your PC pretty dark but then again you never see your father either.

Oh okay fair enough, I remember her looking a lot paler in game.

Joqu

Rowlet's face looks like an apple cut in half.

Starter artwork is still his art, so he just didn't do the box art.

I can tell, but is this confirmed somewhere? Is he just doing the starters now then?

I can deal with that, but the shading in the Sun & Moon boxart is a pretty big downgrade over what we used to get.

Crayolan

Considering the JP trailer has a japanese kid moving to Hawaii I don't think it's much of a stretch to guess that the player character will be in the same situation.

I can tell, but is this confirmed somewhere? Is he just doing the starters now then?

I can deal with that, but the shading in the Sun & Moon boxart is a pretty big downgrade over what we used to get.

No, I just mean he just didn't do the artwork for the cover, he'll probably still do artwork for every Pokemon, including the mascots.

Cool, it looks like the starters this time will start out being dual typed.

The owl will be grass/flying, the cat will be fire/dark and the seal will be water/ice.

I hope the trainer customization will let me change the hair too in addition to the skin.

Joqu

No, I just mean he just didn't do the artwork for the cover, he'll probably still do artwork for every Pokemon, including the mascots.

Do you mean like, you think they're going to update the cover later on? Don't see why they wouldn't use his art for the cover if he's gonna do the mascots still otherwise.

The new trailer also confirmed a friendly rival.
What is this, like 5 in a row now?
Although, Barry had a good team and Cheren didn't have that bad of a personality.

sonto340

Considering the JP trailer has a japanese kid moving to Hawaii I don't think it's much of a stretch to guess that the player character will be in the same situation.
Could see the main character being from Kanto. Maybe they'll tie the Red Blue Yellow transfer into the story some how.

The new trailer also confirmed a friendly rival.
What is this, like 5 in a row now?
Although, Barry had a good team and Cheren didn't have that bad of a personality.
This is what Rivals in Pokémon are now. It's been this way since R/S

RagnarokX

hpBVUet.jpg

Made this real quick.

So the island is based on Oahu. The southern volcano is Diamond Head, the city is Honolulu/Pearl Harbor, and the mountain with the waterfall is Sacred Falls.

Obviously this island is too small to be the entire region. How many islands will it be? Obviously they have to have the main island.

Cool, it looks like the starters this time will start out being dual typed.

The owl will be grass/flying, the cat will be fire/dark and the seal will be water/ice.

I hope the trainer customization will let me change the hair too in addition to the skin.

Team Litten

But wouldn't this make him/her a little OP?

hpBVUet.jpg

Made this real quick.

So the island is based on Oahu. The southern volcano is Diamond Head, the city is Honolulu/Pearl Harbor, and the mountain with the waterfall is Sacred Falls.

Obviously this island is too small to be the entire region. How many islands will it be? Obviously they have to have the main island.

I'm gonna wager that it's all of Hawaii.

MomoQca

hpBVUet.jpg

Made this real quick.

This is exactly what I thought. Thanks for making this! :D

Hawaii-themed region, and thus, the return of much water. Does it mean the return of the trumpets, too?

Not feeling the water starter, might have to break the streak and go with the owl starter, that one looks really nice.
But as always, i'll wait until the evolutions are shown to make a final decision.

hpBVUet.jpg

Made this real quick.

oh cool

With the way the overworld is built being entirely different than in XY I'm no longer certain we will return to Kalos in the post game, hopefully I'm wrong though.

Nanashrew

Banned
Hawaii-themed region, and thus, the return of much water. Does it mean the return of the trumpets, too?

Not feeling the water starter, might have to break the streak and go with the owl starter, that one looks really nice.
But as always, i'll wait until the evolutions are shown to make a final decision.

They're going full in on this theme so I'm expecting Hawaiian style music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom