• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

All this Pokemon talk just reminded me that regionals are in 12 days so fans and staff may be hyping this up there as well. There won't be any announcements but I could see the hype being there.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
All eevee evolutions to get third stage evolution. Also Eevee to get a normal type evolution, man I'd love that.

Sadly thing, I did thought of it too.

If Digital rumor is true, then I would assume that digital would be their "second evolution." However, it's impossible tho.

Mista Koo

Are there more Pokemon redesigned to look like they are from different gens? I only know of this:
AQzaH.jpg
That's an awesome Mewtwo! (never liked the original).

I'm not ripping on Luigi less so than the people who try to make him out as something other than he is portrayed , He is a lovable coward with a bit of misfortune and clumsiness and who's always got his bros back, but people who like him seem to prefer to ignore that in order to make him into this awesomesauce tough dude who kicks ass and takes names. But anyways, it's unfair to compare him to dunsparce , at the end of the day luigi's every bit as good mario just with the aforementioned quirks and dunsparce is...just there.
SHUT YOUR TRAP :mad:
Luigi is a loveable relatable character while Mario is an absolute heroic archtype with no personality.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, I might have to pick up B/W2. I was planning on skipping them, but I'm really feelin' the Pokehype right now.

CoolS

I thought that at first, but then Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever just kept piling on the hype.

They seem pretty confident.

I just feel like I'm on board of a ship heading for a massive storm and the captain telling us it's gonna be awesome.

I want to believe my captain, but I'm afraid and bracing myself for the impact in case he's wrong.

Rubius

He sure has all the characteristics of a dragon though.

Woah, I dont remember typing that he's not a dragon. Weird. But yeah, he would simply be too powerful. Except if we change the whole weakness triangle for something else. Psychic Ghost and something could be cool.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Adult protagonists please. (Or at least the choice.)
I don't care if they're kids/teens again, but I'd love for them to be customizable. Skin tone, hair style, facial features, clothes.

jerd

Adult protagonists please. (Or at least the choice.)

Metroid model. Start with a full team of level 60s, as a rising star challenging for the championship, only to have them stripped from you for some reason (I vote PEDs), and are forced to start again from the ground up.

I don't care if they're kids/teens again, but I'd love for them to be customizable. Skin tone, hair style, facial features, clothes.

This seems so logical. Hopefully 3D models and customization go hand in hand.

zroid

Banned
Metroid model. Start with a full team of level 60s, as a rising star challenging for the championship, only to have them stripped from you for some reason (I vote PEDs), and are forced to start again from the ground up.

Should be like you just have a single level 90 and then suddenly your Pokemon falls terminally ill or something and you have to start over.

The moral is have a well-rounded team when you're playing. :p

Diffense

257.png
260.png
392.png

Admittedly it took Blaziken a couple of generations to reach that point and it went well beyond that point.

Blaziken really got brutal in Gen V. High Jump Kick was boosted to 130 power and it gained the move then it picked up Speed Boost as an ability. It's easily the scariest starter of all time now. Don't mess with the Fire Chicken.

Hypno eat dreams? What. He's known to put people to sleep, not really to eat dreams.

Less Hypno and more Drowzee. Most of his Pokedex entries mention eating dreams and yet he can't learn it naturally.

And Charizard may have not so great stats but like most dragons, his would get jacked up considerably so he wouldn't be a shame to the Dragon line.

RE: Older protags...

Simple, have two sets of siblings, (two males, one old, one young, same for the girls, in any combination) then give the player a choice of the four characters. One of the unselected becomes your rival, one your "Bianca" and one a mystery role in the story. And the four different routes would add more replay value to the single player campaign.

I'd like to see a game where you can play as the bad guy. You know, from Team Rocket's perspective. Maybe you could try and infiltrate their lair and become one of them to learn their ways...

Maybe instead of being a random 10-year old boy, you could be part of a Pokemon espionage mission.

They'd lump you in as a new grunt, and you'd have to train your way up and gain badges to "prove your worth."

Ehh, it's a thought. Never going to happen, but I can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom