• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Special Demo Thread

Yeah from what I can tell. Still MASSIVELY disappointing that they'd introduce such a cool concept like this then only include a handful of them. Plus I don't know how well it bodes for the new mon total :/

I don't think it's two+ final either, btw. From what I gathered, the dex just stops at Hakamo-o (they wouldn't be able to check for the form 'flag', so to speak), so it's possible there are more Alolan forms placed later on the Regional Dex. (After whatever # Hakamo-o is).

That's what I understood, at least.

Right and if they are three stagers then it lines up with the 80 new pokemon and 20 new Alolan forms leak.

80 is a pathetic amount of new Pokemon especially after the abysmal amount in X/Y.

Ah, alright, you're getting 80 from the amount of Alolan forms, gotcha.
Considering one of the two is Dugtrio, apparently, I don't think that will be a problem, though. Dunno.

Sandfox

Yeah from what I can tell. Still MASSIVELY disappointing that they'd introduce such a cool concept like this then only include a handful of them. Plus I don't know how well it bodes for the new mon total :/
I would expect more in whatever comes after Sun and Moon.

Right and if they are three stagers then it lines up with the 80 new pokemon and 20 new Alolan forms leak.

80 is a pathetic amount of new Pokemon especially after the abysmal amount in X/Y.
One of the two lines is Dugtrio. It is a two-stager.

Also it's possible that the other Alolan form is in the demo, meaning that they could've scrubbed out all alolan forms not in the demo.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't think it's two+ final either, btw. From what I gathered, the dex just stops at Hakamo-o (they wouldn't be able to check for the form 'flag', so to speak), so it's possible there are more Alolan forms placed later on the Regional Dex.

That's what I understood, at least.

Ah, alright, you're getting 80 from the amount of Alolan forms, gotcha.
Considering one of the two is Dugtrio, apparently, I don't think that will be a problem, though. Dunno.

Oh, I thought Dugtrio was separate from the two. Thank goodness.

I would expect more in whatever comes after Sun and Moon.

Yeah, I sure hope so. They kinda scratched that "new Pokémon" itch a little and I've loved them all so far, so I was hoping they'd go nuts with them.

Still holding out for more than 100 new Pokémon though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
if you check the granbull apparently this is said

eTy8Arx.jpg

fisheyes

One of the two lines is Dugtrio. It is a two-stager.

Also it's possible that the other Alolan form is in the demo, meaning that they could've scrubbed out all alolan forms not in the demo.

Yeah, is it possible the Alolan forms they've datamined are in the demo because they actually appear in the demo - perhaps they are the 5, 18 and 24 days later events - and not because they are all of them? They've been pretty thorough covering their tracks it would seem, so it would be a big oversight to keep Alolan forms in unless they meant to.

Its probably just wishful thinking though.

Yeah, is it possible the Alolan forms they've datamined are in the demo because they actually appear in the demo - perhaps they are the 5, 18 and 24 days later events - and not because they are all of them? They've been pretty thorough covering their tracks it would seem, so it would be a big oversight to keep Alolan forms in unless they meant to.

Its probably just wishful thinking though.

Huh I guess I never thought of it.

If they blocked the new Pokémon from even being counted beyond what's in the demo I imagine the same is true for Alolan forms.

Yeah. There's really no reason to play a new Pokemon game that doesn't have a ton of new Pokemon or the nostalgia factor of a remake.

I mean I play almost entirely for the new Pokémon so if they're doing ~80 per gen that means I can play every other one and be fine. I'll def be playing the Gen V remakes tho

How about having fun? That seems like a good reason to play a Pokemon game.

There has to be a reasonable amount of new Pokémon for me to have fun

That's a ways off. I wonder what they would call it?

They should definitely include the additional cities from Black 2.

I would honestly be down for kind of a blend of BW and BW2 where you play through the remake normally like BW then after the E4 the new areas and stuff from BW2 opens up.

Yeah. There's really no reason to play a new Pokemon game that doesn't have a ton of new Pokemon or the nostalgia factor of a remake.

Agreed, I may hold off on playing this and wait to see what the next one will be. None of the new Pokemon have really interested me so far.

Top Bottom