• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pope Set To Hold Press Conference on Aliens and the Supernatural

Draugoth

Gold Member

The Vatican has announced it will change the way it approaches reports of “apparitions and other supernatural phenomena” following a spate of phony claims spurred on by social media.

The impending announcement sparked a wave of tabloid headlines earlier this week inaccurately claiming the Vatican could be making an announcement about “aliens”.

It wasn’t aliens but spirits which were the subject of the new guidance issued on Friday afternoon, local time, by the Holy See Press Office.

Source

feynoob

Gold Member
Aliens are real. The real problem is do we have the chance to stop them from erasing us?
We are just dumb bugs that dont have the capablity to utlize space and protect ourself from space attacks.

sono

That article was posted yesterday in the NY sun. It says the press conference will happen Friday. Did it

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That article was posted yesterday in the NY sun. It says the press conference will happen Friday. Did it

Yes, but as expected it was nothing really interesting at all. The press just jumped to conclusions as normal.

Also, I love how aliens are in the thread title, but the OP confirms this had nothing to do with aliens. Pure click bait

xrnzaaas

Vatican would be the last to announce aliens exist. They need people to keep faith in their version of the God. And it needs to stay that way without asking questions about how our civilization could've started and are there other higher beings out there (and they would have to be above us if they were able to travel the universe).

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yes, but as expected it was nothing really interesting at all. The press just jumped to conclusions as normal.

Also, I love how aliens are in the thread title, but the OP confirms this had nothing to do with aliens. Pure click bait

Idk, i just made this thread because of Penguinz0 video:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Time to force the Vatican to open dem vaults and share all the shit they've hoarded and stolen, with the rest of humanity.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I've been on something of a spiritual sidequest irl the past couple of years. I'm not burning incense and climbing mountains to meditate or anything, just taking in perspectives and information and trying to form a personal viewpoint of the universe that satisfies my brain.

I think it's beyond obvious that there is, was, and will continue to be life elsewhere in the universe. It's a numbers game. The universe is huge. Like, unfathomably huge. Literally. The numbers that are calculated in the scale of stellar objects is beyond our flesh and blood capacity to comprehend. We know the numbers, we know the concept of the scale, but it's akin to a dog going outside to piss. The dog knows there's a larger world, but beyond barking at the moon, or the mailman, the dog has no reason or ability to interact with them, so it Goes back inside. It understands it's owner, his mood, where it's food and water is, where shelter is - but take the dog to the store and tell it to buy it's own groceries.

All that to say - in a space that is so vast that we've essentially turned it into a formula just to gain some facsimile of understanding regarding it - that one planet, one grain of sand on the beach - is the only host for life in the universe....

Basically impossible.

"with all our tools and technology in the 21st century, we should be capturing these things in 4k daily," - some dude, probably. Space is huge. It's expanding, things are constantly growing farther apart. Perhaps we're the hillbilly town of 150 in the middle of nowhere in the universe. Maybe ours is a cosmic road that's scarcely used. Maybe only one species is close enough to come by. Maybe the alien sightings that have photo/video attached are just the ones that are being jackasses or have faulty equipment, and generally, they're out buzzing about like bees over our heads and we never notice them.

I'm passing to the left, bros.

Zathalus

Aliens are real. The real problem is do we have the chance to stop them from erasing us?
We are just dumb bugs that dont have the capablity to utlize space and protect ourself from space attacks.
We have no capability to resist Aliens that are able to reach us and are willing to wipe us out. The term rocks fall, everyone dies is appropriate.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I've been on something of a spiritual sidequest irl the past couple of years. I'm not burning incense and climbing mountains to meditate or anything, just taking in perspectives and information and trying to form a personal viewpoint of the universe that satisfies my brain.

I think it's beyond obvious that there is, was, and will continue to be life elsewhere in the universe. It's a numbers game. The universe is huge. Like, unfathomably huge. Literally. The numbers that are calculated in the scale of stellar objects is beyond our flesh and blood capacity to comprehend. We know the numbers, we know the concept of the scale, but it's akin to a dog going outside to piss. The dog knows there's a larger world, but beyond barking at the moon, or the mailman, the dog has no reason or ability to interact with them, so it Goes back inside. It understands it's owner, his mood, where it's food and water is, where shelter is - but take the dog to the store and tell it to buy it's own groceries.

All that to say - in a space that is so vast that we've essentially turned it into a formula just to gain some facsimile of understanding regarding it - that one planet, one grain of sand on the beach - is the only host for life in the universe....

Basically impossible.

"with all our tools and technology in the 21st century, we should be capturing these things in 4k daily," - some dude, probably. Space is huge. It's expanding, things are constantly growing farther apart. Perhaps we're the hillbilly town of 150 in the middle of nowhere in the universe. Maybe ours is a cosmic road that's scarcely used. Maybe only one species is close enough to come by. Maybe the alien sightings that have photo/video attached are just the ones that are being jackasses or have faulty equipment, and generally, they're out buzzing about like bees over our heads and we never notice them.

I'm passing to the left, bros.

Sadly, it is possible. Life just has to be something that’s a lot harder to create than we think. Or at least complex life, anyway. Fermi’s Paradox is solvable by the old ‘great filter’ theory, if you want to be pessimistic about it.

There is a chance we are alone. Or as close to alone as makes no difference.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

It wasn’t aliens but spirits which were the subject of the new guidance issued on Friday afternoon, local time, by the Holy See Press Office.
Catholic Church running out of fanfic material?

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Is it like al capones vault?

Probably. I'm pretty sure they’ve got everything in those secret vaults—from time machines and the Ark of the Covenant to the KFC recipe and maybe even a couple of UFOs.

Seriously though, I'd like to think the some stuff we consider impossibilities now, will be things of the everyday, hundreds / thousands of years from now.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Seriously though, I'd like to think the some stuff we consider impossibilities now, will be things of the everyday, hundreds / thousands of years from now.
I have to say whenever I see someone talk about hundreds (let alone thousands) of years into the future, I think it's a certainty to not happen - I think full collapse of life is the most likely scenario.

On topic:

Maybe the pope's going to reveal the aliens and they'll save everyone.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
So long as it’s not the pope screaming the demons are coming.
Doom Eternal GIF

If they say aliens are real. Awesome. I believed in aliens for a long time. Great little bald space perverts.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I have to say whenever I see someone talk about hundreds (let alone thousands) of years into the future, I think it's a certainty to not happen - I think full collapse of life is the most likely scenario.

On topic:

Maybe the pope's going to reveal the aliens and they'll save everyone.

Chin up, we've gotten this far.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'll blindly believe The Vatican. I mean all those underground miles of books, artifacts etc that are kept from the human race.. Come on..

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Jesus Christ GIF

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Well, only UFO/UAP GAF will know, but the Vatican helped the U.S. gain possession of one of one if the first NHI craft in U.S. possession back during WWII.

Top Bottom