• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty Hurts is a great song, its XO that is the bland song on self titled

M0T3sMJ.gif
XO is a great song

msg6.gif

Ryan Tedder is a great songwriter

msg6.gif

B-Dex

Jerry Springer found a TS based on Precious and the crowd voted for her to go on a date with the guy. Truly horrific.

Pretty Hurts it's a great song. Her performance along with the music video visuals and the social commentary were on poinT and being the opening track of the album make you prepare for the very personal and intimate ride that is Self-Titled.

The only critics that I heard about it come from the fact that it was a Beyonce song because, apparently, pretty people can't sing or talk about unattainable standards of beauty in the music and fashion industry.

But you all can keep dragging XO. The fact that Beyonce decided that it was a perfect lead single when Partition and Drunk in Love were so superior is baffling.

M0T3sMJ.gif

EDIT: It makes for a great stadium anthem tho so I can't really hate the song that much...
Shitty Hurts is a generic, boring, and incredibly basic "every1 is beautiful" pop song and it doesn't stand out compared to the rest of the album. I guess that's why it's the first track? It's just so soulless, it really is the worst song on self titled.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
a7dce6c945.png

She liked this post.
27c9df9cd2.png

I feel bad for her. At the same time her leaking Party Favors probably is making the label be a bitch to her for doing that.

Album delay
No promo for Player
No promo for the album
Showing her beats she couldn't use cause it was being saved for "well known artists".
Wow, yikes. That's really fucked up wth. I don't stan her but hopefully she finds another label or patches things up with the current one. A shitty label is probs the worst thing that could happen to a pop gerl.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wow, yikes. That's really fucked up wth. I don't stan her but hopefully she finds another label or patches things up with the current one. A shitty label is probs the worst thing that could happen to a pop gerl.

I think it has to do with the fact that her first album didn't do so well and people want more personality from her cause she is considered "basic" for not being a messy pop girl. She was featured on a few tracks that didn't do shit on radio either so they don't see her as a priority to work on despite her album being done since last year.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I have limited sympathy for those that decide to collaborate with fist brown.

Frodo

And NO, 16 yo don't know what they want and can easily be influenced by other people, S P E C I A L L Y if those other people are in a position of power.

Edit: top of the page deserves twigs:

u1uhhpH.gif

Frodo

Well that's bad.

And mess if someone thinks a mediocre r and b act was in any power position.

And mess if someone thinks that any offerings of fame (or whatever really) to a 16 yo, based in reality or not, won't be able to influence them.

B-Dex

And mess if someone thinks that any offerings of fame (or whatever really) to a 16 yo, based in reality or not, won't be able to influence them.

Sis give teens some credit. I was in Grade 11 when I was 16. You honestly think you couldn't detect some bs power trip tactics for sex?

Also Cesaro's ass is fantastic. The whole body really. 😎

Good for You, the song.

And no, I'm not gonna give 16yo who can't even control their hormones any credit.
I can tolerate GFY but I'm so tired of a good song being ruined by a shitty auto-tuned male screech followed by a shitty, unoriginal verse that brings nothing to the song. Like why are they even there? because they have a dick?

tumblr_inline_nz6o67GwyQ1r2le8x_500.gif

3phemeral

Pretty Hurts > Boredom On the Sun

(sorry, Leona)

Shitty Hurts is a generic, boring, and incredibly basic "every1 is beautiful" pop song and it doesn't stand out compared to the rest of the album. I guess that's why it's the first track? It's just so soulless, it really is the worst song on self titled.
But that's not what the song is about. It discusses the harm that impossible beauty standards can do to women.

MrV4ltor

Gaga always slays in McQueen. Hope the cover is a hint that DarkGa/TFM Gaga is coming back. She also edited her twitter bio to this:
jazz art pop punk actress fashion magazine editor and columnist!
Lowkey messy, but I love ha!

rhandino

Banned
Shitty Hurts is a generic, boring, and incredibly basic "every1 is beautiful" pop song titled.
Except it's totally not that? The song is about impossibles standards of beauty that are being upheld in the entertainment industry.

I mean, even the opening verse is about how those standards are normalized from a very young age:

Mama said, you're a pretty girl
What's in your head it doesn't matter
Brush your hair, fix your teeth
What you wear is all that matters

Then you have the part where she is talking about how some body traits are preferred above others and how confusing some of that shit is sometimes:

Blonder hair, flat chest
TV says bigger is better
South beach, sugar free
Vogue says
Thinner is better

And the ending of the songs where she is asking "are you happy with yourself" is challenging the audience instead of telling them that "you are pwetty! =3 and don't need this"

M0T3sMJ.gif

It's a very powerful and touching song.

It's a garbage song. There's nothing to discuss here as she didn't even write it lol. Literally the song that plays after it shits all over it and so does the rest of the album.

It's not a touching song at all. The lyrics read like those annoying ass tumblr post that are just baiting for notes, a 9th grader can write something deeper than that shit. One of Beyonce's weaker efforts indeed.

M0T3sMJ.gif

The Flop

Banned
I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know (no, no, no)
Can't seem to let you go,
Can't seem to keep you close
(Hold me close)
I can't seem to let you go,
I can't seem to keep you close
(You know I didn't mean it though)
Tell me where you've been lately
(Just hold me close)
(Don't, don't, don't, don't let me go)
I can't seem to keep you close,
I can't seem to let you go
(I didn't mean it, though)
I know you didn't mean it though
I know you didn't mean it though (I don't wanna let you go)
Tell me you didn't mean it, though
Tell me you didn't mean it, though (no, no, no)
(Can't seem to let you go, seem to let you go)
I know you didn't mean it, though
I wanna know you need it, though
(Hold me close)
(Hold me close)
I can't seem to let you go,
Can't seem to hold you close

[Shawn & Camila:]
I know what you did last summer
(Ah-ah)
Just lie to me there is no other
(He-ey)
Tell me where you've been
(Ah-ah)
Look me in the eyes, my lover
(He-ey)
Tell me where you've been

tumblr_o06shhZbaP1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
certainly not something you'd pat the puss to

rhandino

Banned
It's a garbage song. There's nothing to discuss here as she didn't even write it lol. Literally the song that plays after it shits all over it and so does the rest of the album.

It's not a touching song at all. The lyrics read like those annoying ass tumblr post that are just baiting for notes, a 9th grader can write something deeper than that shit. One of Beyonce's weaker efforts indeed.

M0T3sMJ.gif
We are talking about Beyonce and not about any single thing released by Lana del Rey after Born to Die.

M0T3sMJ.gif

The only thing I can agree here is that Haunted > Pretty Hurts.

Floridian

Pretty Hurts is trash and Haunted is one the best songs in Bey's career. The advance from the 1st & 2nd song in ST is incredible.

We are talking about Beyonce and not about any single thing released by Lana del Rey after Born to Die.

M0T3sMJ.gif

The only thing I can agree here is that Haunted > Pretty Hurts.
Sis Beyonce doesn't do lyrics...

M0T3sMJ.gif

whoever wrote Pretty Hurts just went on tumblr and wrote down a few sentences they saw while scrolling down their dashboard and turned it into a song

The Flop

Banned
Sis Beyonce doesn't do lyrics...

M0T3sMJ.gif

whoever wrote Pretty Hurts just went on tumblr and wrote down a few sentences they saw while scrolling down their dashboard and turned it into a song

Beyonce has a Song of the year grammy, which is in regards to lyrics.

Lana del snooze doesn't have one of those.

Beyonce has a Song of the year grammy, which is in regards to lyrics.

Lana del snooze doesn't have one of those.
Yes we all know Beyonce credits herself.

5th Viral Disease are on the verge of breaking up, look disgusting and tragic in every photo, and have absolutely no talent at all. 5th Harmony will not be remembered past the first half of 2016, they're like Igloo but multiplied by five. Their next album will flop and it will have no critical acclaim and no impact whatsoever, just like the pile of shit they released in 2015. [B o o k m a r k] me. Britney Spears taking a shit probably has more impact than any of them doing anything.

5th Viral Disease are on the verge of breaking up, look disgusting and tragic in every photo, and have absolutely no talent at all. 5th Harmony will not be remembered past the first half of 2016, they're like Igloo but multiplied by five. Their next album will flop and it will have no critical acclaim and no impact whatsoever, just like the pile of shit they released in 2015. [B o o k m a r k] me.

tumblr_mi0mdb2dkj1r4ybbgo1_250.gif

tumblr_nx8vpeZ9PT1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Daaaammmmmnnnnnnnn the drag!!!!!!

The Flop

Banned

5th Viral Disease are on the verge of breaking up, look disgusting and tragic in every photo, and have absolutely no talent at all. 5th Harmony will not be remembered past the first half of 2016, they're like Igloo but multiplied by five. Their next album will flop and it will have no critical acclaim and no impact whatsoever, just like the pile of shit they released in 2015. [B o o k m a r k] me. Britney Spears taking a shit probably has more impact than any of them doing anything.

tumblr_mh5i7clTxg1ql5yr7o1_250.gif

You seem [P R E S S E D]

I can tolerate GFY but I'm so tired of a good song being ruined by a shitty auto-tuned male screech followed by a shitty, unoriginal verse that brings nothing to the song. Like why are they even there? because they have a dick?

This is so so so true.

Really tired of songs being ruined by rap sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom