• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can we also see how disgusting this is

HOT 100

1. All About That Bass = (7th week atop)
2. Shake It Off =
3. Bang Bang +2
4. Black Widow -1
5. Habits (Stay High) -1
6. Don't Tell 'Em =
7. Animals =
8. Stay With Me +1
9. Hot N*gga +1
10. Don't +3

18. Out Of The Woods HOT SHOT DEBUT
90. I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Glen Campbell (DEBUT)

HOT DIGITAL SONGS

1. Taylor Swift - "Out Of The Woods" 195,000
2. Taylor Swift - "Shake It Off" 178,000
3. Meghan Trainor - "All About That Bass" 148,000
4. Maroon 5 - "Animals" 117,000
5. Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj - "Bang Bang" 96,000
6. Tove Lo - "Habits (Stay High)" 96,000
7. Jason Derulo - "Trumpets" 86,000
8. Iggy Azalea - "Black Widow (feat. Rita Ora)" 73,000
9. Sam Smith - "I'm Not The Only One" 73,000
10. Jeremih - "Don't Tell 'Em (feat. YG)" 72,000

BILLBOARD 200

1. Florida Georgia Line - "Anything Goes" 197,000
2. Jason Aldean - "Old Boots, New Dirt" 91,000
3. Bob Seger - "Ride Out" 59,000
4. You+Me - "Rose Ave." 50,000
5. Barbra Streisand - "Partners" 40,000
6. Sam Smith - "In The Lonely Hour" 37,000
7. The Game - "Blood Moon: Year Of The Wolf" 33,000
8. Hoodie Allen - "People Keep Talking" 30,000
9. U2 - "Songs Of Innocence" 28,000
10. Jessie J - "Sweet Talker" 25,000

royalan

^^a damn mess

I need someone, somewhere to come out with a song that slays my life. Like now.

The only person who hasn't disappointed me this year is Kimbra.

Make sure to vote now before it's too late! These ladies are neck and neck, and turnout is still low! ROCK THE VOTE! SUPPORT THESE WOMEN!

Vazra

Don't worry, the queen Natalia Kills shall deliver soon

Mau ®;135487921 said:
1989 is coming out in 5 days now *.*

Sorry Blood and not sorry Mau but
ikrZcZq690icI.gif

Vazra

...and this caterpillar-browed, dusty, sin-city wannabe trollop said what about the Queen?

This was during the Bionic era where Christina was being called a copy cat of Gaga by the media.

"I don’t think Christina’s unpopularity or lack of fortune recently is to do with the being compared to GaGa. I think that she was at certain level and disappeared, and then came back and tried to fit in with the current trend and it came off desperate. I think if she stuck to her soulful, pop-meets-gospel R&B, maybe her original fanbase would have supported her more. She’ll recover from it, though, because she’s talented.”

She didn't lie and actually she said Christina would recover cause she is talented.
But Christina did not recovered and delivered Lotus

royalan

The "Christina was trying to be current" excuse with Bionic never made any sense. How was working with MIA, Goldfrapp, Peaches, and Le Tigre trying to be "current" for 2010? None of those artists had anything going at the time, nor had most of them for a WHILE.

And nobody even knew who Sia was then.

And bam, that makes up like 80% of what's on Bionic.

The Bionic backlash was ALL Gaga...People just don't want to admit that because NOW they all look stupid after what Gaga's become.

Battle 03 is now over. Charlie and Jessie faced off for your votes, and one took it by a landslide:

i2fldguazZxoS.png

Folks, this round's turnout was the lowest ever in the tournament. Just absolutely awful. It's making me evaluate some things...

... Perhaps... Jessie Ware isn't cutting it enough for POPGAF? Does she even deserve to move forward given how abysmal the turnout was to support her?

Maybe some of the eliminated contestants deserved a spot on the Losers Bracket and just happened to strike out unluckily? Maybe someone else deserves it more than Jessie? More than someone else who's squeaking by in the tourney perhaps?

Hmm. I'll think on this. In the meantime, here are our current standings:

iljkI2lsNNQ6t.png

Stay tuned for this tournament's progress. There may be a mix up amidst....

Scroll below for the final match of ROUND 02!

We aren't in Hewville anymore. Who's ready for some big timers?

The Barbadian queen takes on a Southern belle! Who gets to move on to the semifinals?? VOTE NOW:

ihafKUkrshVP4.png

Rihanna's got the advantage based on her past voting forecast, but it all means shite if you don't VOTE!

These aren't niche chicks anymore. Support your fave and send me a PM now by CLICKING HERE.

As usual, thanks so much for participating! <3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is anyone aside from the taylor stans even remotely interested in her era?
I mean I see the same people praising her stuff, but everyone else is either critiquing or paying it dust
realistically she should be putting out material of a far higher quality than she is now

MIMIC

Banned
Can we also see how disgusting this is

HOT 100

1. All About That Bass = (7th week atop)
2. Shake It Off =
3. Bang Bang +2
4. Black Widow -1
5. Habits (Stay High) -1
6. Don't Tell 'Em =
7. Animals =
8. Stay With Me +1
9. Hot N*gga +1
10. Don't +3

I never heard this song before so I YouTubed it.

How is this in the top 10? It sounds like some garbage my local DJ would play at 3:30 in the morning.

Vazduh

I never heard this song before so I YouTubed it.

How is this in the top 10? It sounds like some garbage my local DJ would play at 3:30 in the morning.

I also had to Google it because it's the first time I've heard of it and... well, my first listen is going to be the last, too. Can't believe this cracked the Top 10!

I like this, thanks for posting!

Folks, this round's turnout was the lowest ever in the tournament. Just absolutely awful. It's making me evaluate some things...

No hard feelings, but I think that this tournament thing has been a bit too drawn out, that's why less and less members are voting and commenting on it.

Maybe this round will get more people to vote?

That is Verbalicious tho. She looks really young like Taylor Swift writing abilities.

Well, I know it wasn't a fair comparison, but still, it was Natalia's song, regardless of her stage name.

Phreaker

The Betty Who album is so great, one of my favorite albums so far this year. Vazduh, her impact on my life (Alpines and Betty Who)!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Have we got the full version of that song from the fashion advert? DKNY maybe I forget what it was

Yeah I'm voting for Rihanna because I've been bopping to a lot of her songs lately and I'm actually very excited about her next album. Go fucking FIGURE

EDIT: Thanks for the votes everyone! Huge turnout so far, which is nice to see :) Right now only one vote separates RiRi and KeKe(?) so you have the power to sway right the eff now. Thanks again <3

MIMIC

Banned
We aren't in Hewville anymore. Who's ready for some big timers?

The Barbadian queen takes on a Southern belle! Who gets to move on to the semifinals?? VOTE NOW:

ihafKUkrshVP4.png

Rihanna's got the advantage based on her past voting forecast, but it all means shite if you don't VOTE!

These aren't niche chicks anymore. Support your fave and send me a PM now by CLICKING HERE.

As usual, thanks so much for participating! <3

Gonna vote this time.

Hmmm....I like them both, so I'll go with an arbitrary tiebreaker: who I last heard on the radio.

And the winner is: KELLY! I was driving today and some radio station was playing "A Moment Like This" xD

Mau ®

The Lord is getting that acclaim for her first documented pop release. The critics are giving praise to 1989, the pure pop album of the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom