• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a photo of you with a celebrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Those The Office pics are amazing.

I would love to have done that. Except I would want everyone to just act on character all of the time.

Bishop89

eLNEGEW.jpg

so fucking awkward and cringey

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I have a picture of a younger, more naive me with the Nebraska Cornhuskers head football coach, who's probably the biggest celebrity in the state of Nebraska, bar none. Autographed to!

That coach happens to be Bill Callahan though, so I'd rather not post his sorry mug.

Was expecting a Tabris thread, still enjoyed the insta-backfire

Pretty successful backfire, though.

In hindsight, the photo with Norm was probably in bad taste, BUT it's not like I forced a selfie. I was taken by surprise by his reaction and the woman suggested I get in there.

Ashtrax

The biggest name that I've met would have to be Morgan Spurlock, genius behind the documentary "Supersize Me". He was in Melbourne promoting "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold", and did a separate Q&A where I got the chance to meet him and have a decent conversation about his projects!

With music stars, I've met heaps and heaps of DJs, most of them are pretty chilled out and happy to meet with fans, but one of my favorite pics was with Jan Johnston, the original First Lady of Trance! At the time of the pic, she was hoping to get an album out, but was having issues. A damn shame as she's contributed some of the best vocals in Trance around the 2000 era.

8Yb7cmi.jpg

Here is one of me with composer Bear McCreary at the Battlestar Galactica exhibit in Seattle a few years ago.
2F47TJAl.jpg

And a screen cap from a G4 video of me dancing like an idiot with Cadance Bailey at Comic-con from 2011 I think. I'm on the left. What happens at Comic-con, stays at Comic-con, unless there is a film crew.

nRsUgByl.jpg

Meet Tommy Wiseau at a public screening of The Room and the first screening of the first episode of his equally ridiculous the neighbors at the Prytania in New Orleans. I've still got that autographed football. He was a surprisingly articulate and chill dude all things considered. Actually watching the movie felt a lot like public shows off Rocky Horror, only this one had spoon throwing and collective groans of disgust at the butt shots.

kz6cjD9.jpg

I feel like I've got one or two more somewhere but I can't recall atm

dpunk3

The only famous people I've met is Marc with a C, The Protomen, and The Megas. None of which are really all that famous outside of their audience, so yea.

What was her immediate response? Surely she didn't just say nothing with the face she has right there.

akira28

lilith gets recognized when she's out because of the hair, so I think she counts.

my signature hair style is currently prevented due to the primitive state of 21st century technology and lack of funds. but one day. you will know the day.

4Qlnv0Vm.jpg

when the 3 puff fro-hawk comes into vogue.

Nekemancer

Neo Member

I apologize for the awful quality, they only took one picture and my camera wasn't very good.

My wife and I got to meet Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Roth at Distant Worlds a few years back. Nobuo typically will also sit in the audience and he sat down about 4 seats away from us on our row. It was incredible to meet him! We got a couple items signed to boot.

Both guys were very cool. Nobuo was especially surprised when we told him that we were naming our son Vincent as a reference to my wife's favorite game, FF7.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
With music stars, I've met heaps and heaps of DJs, most of them are pretty chilled out and happy to meet with fans, but one of my favorite pics was with Jan Johnston, the original First Lady of Trance! At the time of the pic, she was hoping to get an album out, but was having issues. A damn shame as she's contributed some of the best vocals in Trance around the 2000 era.

8Yb7cmi.jpg

That's really awesome, love some of her older tracks. I've met a few DJs myself at WMC in Miami and am always surprised how humble a lot of them are:

Sander Van Doorn
1929816_30223465568_9891_n.jpg

Ferry Corsten
1929816_30223445568_8668_n.jpg

and my favorite DJ of all time, Sasha
1929593_10666928982_325_n.jpg

Also have met Tony McGuiness from Above and Beyond and Danny Howells, but no pics.

All the celebrities that I have met have been super nice :)
Sugar from YTV

Phil from YTV

Janet Varney from The Legend of Korra, Burning Love and You're the Worst

Lauren Cohan from The Walking Dead, Chuck, Supernatural

Victor Lucas and Scott C. Jones from Electric Playground and Reviews on the Run

Evangeline Lilly from Lost, The Hobbit, and Ant-man

Oh, and I also have a photo of Alexis Texas and I...

GjI6zYA.gif

Samimista

Here is one of me with composer Bear McCreary at the Battlestar Galactica exhibit in Seattle a few years ago.
2F47TJAl.jpg

And a screen cap from a G4 video of me dancing like an idiot with Cadance Bailey at Comic-con from 2011 I think. I'm on the left. What happens at Comic-con, stays at Comic-con, unless there is a film crew.

nRsUgByl.jpg

Very cool pictures. :)

I remember when Cadance Bailey worked for Nickelodeon.

Is it sad that I don't have any more famous person on my 27k+ flickr photo stream?

6900956799_1fca913a2b_z.jpg

My wife has a lot of photo with NY political types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom