• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Priebus has been fired as WH Chief of Staff, replaced by General John F Kelly

abundant

Unless I'm mistaken, aren't any new healthcare bills forced to require 60 votes? Until the next fiscal year, anyway. ..do you think they'll nuke the filibuster?

edit: Apparently the fiscal year thing may not be true? Congressional procedure makes no goddamned sense to me.

From my understanding, they can't use the budget reconciliation process for any healthcare bill for the rest of 2017 unless they pass another budgetary bill first.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Did I miss something? Is Stinkles now our political insider? Huh....🤔

I miss the joke?

KoopaTheCasual

I can't wait for Scaramucci to make a Gaf account, like Major Nelson, and interact with the community here.

That's the only way we go full circle.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Turns out you need a normal human-ass name for the position.

Who the fuck names their child 'Reince', SMH.

It's a nickname. His real name is Reinhold.

Hannity is a parody show, right?

"I'm gonna give you just one word, you say what you want in response...

The.
Media.
In.
This.
Country."

...its like a non funny Colbert report?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why BANNON still there?

Is he going to go next?

I mean, he's just sucking his own cock, right?

How can Trump let him stay after that?

Who knows, why Banner was ever there is still a mystery to me. Was he brought in by Pribus to try to try and bring in more political outcasts into the republican fold?

Monday will be Der Zweischuhbombzaldroppen.

Are there any journalists/ex-government people/Twitter randos who are also hinting at a Monday bombshell? I trust Stinkles to convey his source's info accurately (unless this is a next-level troll), but I would think that if one person is hearing gossip, chances are high that other people are hearing it too.

Incidentally, this is why I've always thought it worthwhile to keep tabs on the Twitter randos. If Trump has actually done even 1/5th of the nefarious shenanigans that have been hypothesized, someone has to start blabbing at some point. There's no way everyone in D.C. has that much self-control. After the dust settles, I think it will be fun to go through all of the "insider info" and see if anyone actually had legit sources.

barit

After all I've learned from West Wing and House of Card isn't the Chief of Staff supposed to be the closest person to the president except maybe his own family? Like the super important person that holds it all together? When I see how Trump treats his own CoS I'm not so sure about it anymore. Hollywood lied to me!

KoopaTheCasual

But real talk. So let's say Stinkles is on to something and Sessions gets cold booted Monday, and Donald uses a recess appointment for AG to fire Mueller.

Is there anything that can be done, during recess to stop the process of terminating/stalling the investigation until Congress returns? I imagine the point of using a recess appointment is so that Congress is helpless when the new AG dumps ALL files currently amassed over the past year of the investigation.

Can the firing of Mueller be immediately taken to court, stall the dismantling of his current investigation, and give Congress until the recess is over to expedite the renewal of Independent Counsel statute?

But real talk. So let's say Stinkles is on to something and Sessions gets cold booted Monday, and Donald uses a recess appointment for AG to fire Mueller.

Is there anything that can be done, during recess to stop the process of terminating/stalling the investigation until Congress returns? I imagine the point of using a recess appointment is so that Congress is helpless when the new AG dumps ALL files currently amassed over the past year of the investigation.

Can the firing of Mueller be immediately taken to court, stall the dismantling of his current investigation, and give Congress until the recess is over to expedite the renewal of Independent Counsel statute?

The senate can set up pro forma sessions of Congress to prevent recess appointments. Only one senator needs to be around.

Magni

Trump didn't like that Priebus didn't 'return fire' at Scaramucci.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/891057503647281153

a7WQ23r.png

So, either Bannon will "return fire" now, or Trump will fire him as well? I can't see both him and Mooch staying under one roof for too long. Unless Bannon switches to blowing another cock.

Zolo

So, either Bannon will "return fire" now, or Trump will fire him as well? I can't see both him and Mooch staying under one roof for too long. Unless Bannon switches to blowing another cock.

"Returning fire" means Trump has a public excuse to fire them.

The senate can set up pro forma sessions of Congress to prevent recess appointments. Only one senator needs to be around.

Even Republicans in the Senate know that that a Trump recess appointment, in the long run, could come back to fuck them. That, at a minimum, it makes them complicit. And/or that he could make a choice that will make things worse for way more people than Trump.

There will be zero recess appointments.

Shit hasn't even gotten real yet. Everything so far is a teaser. My opinion.

So the implication from Stinkles is that Sessions is getting the boot Monday? Can't say that it would surprise me.

Or that Sessions is getting implicated more deeply? I mean I'll go with the odds on the boot, I guess.

Prediction: If Sessions gets fired Rosenstein will be acting AG for several months.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So the implication from Stinkles is that Sessions is getting the boot Monday? Can't say that it would surprise me.

Funny to think that something history books will look back on as a major moment leading to Trump's downfall will only get a "oh, I guess he chose today to finally do it" as the most common reaction.

Sagroth

Funny to think that something history books will look back on as a major moment leading to Trump's downfall will only get a "oh, I guess he chose today to finally do it" as the most common reaction.

Oh, I have some notion of how massively important such an event will be(though likely not nearly as strong of a notion as some). It's more that I've gotten to the point where I always trust Trump to do the dumbest shit possible, and it's not like he's tried to hide where he's been going with this.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I have some notion of how massively important such an event will be(though likely not nearly as strong of a notion as some). It's more that I've gotten to the point where I always trust Trump to do the dumbest shit possible, and it's not like he's tried to hide where he's been going with this.

I agree.

It's just insane that we've gotten to the place where this is a sane assumption for our president's actions.

Sagroth

I agree.

It's just insane that we've gotten to the place where this is a sane assumption for our president's actions.

Oh, absolutely. The last six months have been beyond surreal, and it's only getting more absurd as we go. I'm pretty sure it's only going to get worse as he gets closer to snapping entirely.

As for those suggesting Sessions will get the Homeland Security position: nah. That'd require two different hearings, and Sessions is happy where he is. I'm gonna guess that Trump's next Homeland Security nomination will be yet another racist general in keeping with his fascist tendencies.

Top Bottom