• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Princess maker 2 PlayStation version delayed for ethical changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolino840

Bliss Brain has delayed the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions of Princess Maker 2 Regeneration from its previously planned July 11 release date to August 8 due to content changes required to “comply with ethical standards.” The Switch and PC (Steam) versions will still launch on July 11. And, like the Switch version, the PlayStation 5 version will still launch with a physical edition in Japan.

Here is an overview of the changes being made to the PlayStation versions:

The PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions of Princess Maker 2 Regeneration will undergo some specification changes in order to comply with ethical standards. These changes include:
  • The removal of items that increase the daughter’s bust size
  • The removal of the endings “Marriage with Father” and “Marriage with Butler.”
Due to these changes, the release date for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions of the game has been moved to August 8, 2024. Bliss Brain apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
(The Switch and PC versions will not undergo any specification changes and the release date will remain unchanged.)

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

ssringo

Ok ok ok. I had to look it up because holy shit at a "Marriage with Father” ending.

So, you play as the "father" and the "princess" is given to you by the heavens at age 9 for you to raise. So at least she's not a biological daughter. Small victories!

That aside, the ending list is rather large. She can wind up as a judge, maid, queen, warrior, general, jester, mason and so on. There's some wild ones like a harlot, crime boss or bondage queen! Various marriage possibilities as well.

Seems like they just added everything they could work in.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Don't think I've ever played this, how relevant are these bust increasing items to the game, or are they mainly there for fan-service?

edit: maybe I might have played one of these on the PC but I don't recall.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
These games are not for me, but if it passes CERO it should not need to be delayed to comply with sonys "ethical standards"
Platform holders still have a brand they care about protecting. Bliss Brain is under no obligation to publish on Playstation, and sony is not obligated to host their games just because the games exist.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
If you told me 15 yerars ago that Sony would become more family friendly than Nintendo i would have laughed at your face

This is what they are censoring btw:

Let's not be mistaken, it's not about "family friendly". They have no problem with bear fucking or anal sex in AAA games, as long as it's not Asian.

It's called bigotry.

And I don't care about this particular case, which might be "reasonable" but lets not pretend that Sony censorship is equal to everyone, because it's not.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Let's not be mistaken, it's not about "family friendly". They have no problem with bear fucking or anal sex in AAA games, as long as it's not Asian.

It's called bigotry.

And I don't care about this particular case, which might be "reasonable" but lets not pretend that Sony censorship is equal to everyone, because it's not.

Yeah i know it, the only reason they didnt remove the Bear Sex is because it's very homossexual (aka: DEI friendly), anything that apepals to the "white male audience" is a big nono to Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom