• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Sure.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/
Follow the instructions in this thread, but make sure to download the file from Reply #1 first and then replace the .bat file with the one from Reply #18 for ProjectM 2.6b

Addenum:
1.) You need the Riivolution.zip of ProjectM
2.) Open the .bat and change the GCT size for ProjectM to 9100
3.) Until the .bat is updated for ProjectM 3.0 this won't work for ProjectM 3.0

Yeah figured this out from the topic on GBAtemp

Going to test the 2.6b .bat though. Hopefully the 3.0 version will be built quickly!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, there it is. No need in me replying anymore, I suppose.

dat elitism, not even relevant at all

Actually considering your post history in the other thread I wouldn't be surprised.

We can agree to disagree. But what does it really matter? "Fanart" or not, it's the teams interpretation of Wolf from the Star Fox 64 era when marrying his SF2 and 64 looks. The whole mod is fan made too.

Besides, you can replace the skins they have with other ones from BrawlVault of your choice.

As for Fox and Falco again, but in Brawl it's based on Command no matter what. Those outfits are their Star Fox uniform, so being based on 64 doesn't really matter. They could be wearing the same stuff in the SNES games as well, in fact I think they are.

Eh fair enough.

Actually it's only Fox whose look is suspect. Apparently "realistic" (I prefer the term detailed) Fox isn't liked by Japanese fans so they took Command's artstyle. Falco and Wolf strangely enough looked the same regardless on what version.

solomon

Best for me
- Install Homebrew Channel
-USBx Loader
-smash iso on a usb
-Extract PM on USB root and you are good to go.

I own Brawl but my wii can't read dual layered disk anymore :(

ALM5252

dat elitism

Eh fair enough.

Actually it's only Fox whose look is suspect. Apparently "realistic" (I prefer the term detailed) Fox isn't liked by Japanese fans so they took Command's artstyle. Falco and Wolf strangely enough looked the same regardless on what version.

I don't like that version of Fox. Brawl and Command (and SSB4) Fox are ugly to me. I enjoyed Adventures and before.

Jaeger

dat elitism, not even relevant at all

Actually considering your post history in the other thread I wouldn't be surprised.

Eh fair enough.

I actually didn't mean that as you seem to have took it. It looked as if you gave up on posting any further based on what you said in the other thread.

So that statement was just for naught, then?

Boss Doggie

I don't like that version of Fox. Brawl and Command (and SSB4) Fox are ugly to me. I enjoyed Adventures and before.

Oh that's a given. I prefer the Melee and Adventures look myself.

But that's a general talk of Smash anyway, so I'm out. I just find it weird that the design discussion of Wolf was moved here despite that being the only thing I have to talk about.

I used my 2GB SD card (that used to be in my Wii and held all my VC files) to move my games and saves from my Wii to my Wii U.

Is there any data on this card that would be bad to lose (like save files or account details for my old VC titles or something) or is all that stuff loaded into my WiiU memory?

ALM5252

I used my 2GB SD card (that used to be in my Wii and held all my VC files) to move my games and saves from my Wii to my Wii U.

Is there any data on this card that would be bad to lose (like save files or account details for my old VC titles or something) or is all that stuff loaded into my WiiU memory?

I would make a back up on the computer of that SD card just in case.

There shouldn't be anything that will mess up your VC or Savedata stuff. My SD card has all that stuff plus Project M. But make a backup just in case. Better to be safe than sorry!

MetaWaddleDoo

Neo Member
Turbo mode is going to be so much fun. I'm mainly looking forward to playing as Kirby. It's been too long since he's been a competitively viable character. I also LOVE the changes they made to Samus. It looks like she'll be such a complex and fun character to master.

Boss Doggie

I actually didn't mean that as you seem to have took it. It looked as if you gave up on posting any further based on what you said in the other thread.

So that statement was just for naught, then?

I'm just wondering why it has to be moved here.

But nevermind, it's cleared.

Jaeger

I'm just wondering why it has to be moved here.

But nevermind, it's cleared.

OK. I forgive you, because your av is smexy.

With that said, I'm a huge SF fan. I understand your displeasure. I just don't agree with it. I'm not a fan of most members in the "Smash community" either, but I love the mod, and the work that went into it. It made Brawl FUN for me, like playing it for the first time.

----
EDIT
tgyk.png

Jaeger

Box quote.

lol, I want to print out a custom sleeve for PM3.0 to replace my Brawl art.

Yo, swear I was thinking that same thing last week. I made a few PSD files, I'll share with the thread when I get off work.

Another image. PMBR has been sharing all day to try and ease the wait.

EDIT - Beaten. lol

yoooooo so it is wii u compatible?

rad, i was thinking i wouldn't pay it much mind because i don't have my wii with me, but i guess i'll be trying it out after all!

don't really have a huge issue with brawl but basically ot title quote

edit: wait fuck i guess this means i'm playing with mote+chuk, oh well ahaha

Jaeger

The site is going to go down so hard, lol. Will they do a torrent for it?

That I don't know. Since the file size is less than a 1GB I'd assume, I'm hoping someone uploads it elsewhere just to relieve the strain the site is gonna get.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Makai

So what are the chances that this will actually release today? The first release was delayed by almost a month after failing to get it out by midnight.

GrayShuma

Neo Member
I want to get Project M for my little brothers. They have an European Wii and I think the copy of the game is too.
I read somewhere that Project M only works for American ones, I did try but couldn't get it to work on theirs. Did I mess up the instalation or is Project M really restricted?

Jaeger

It look good Is that Street Fighter 4's Training stage?

Peach's Castle stage CONFIRMED! :D

Not quite, but I could see the similarity and how SF4's could have been an inspiration. ;)

So what are the chances that this will actually release today? The first release was delayed by almost a month after failing to get it out by midnight.

Well, at this point it seems to be just about getting the site up. 3.0 seems to be complete.

Mit-

Weird. I thought they were avoiding including content from post-Brawl Nintendo games. Which they have done so far, the Skyward Sword stage being the only exception.

Including a costume for Peach straight out of the brand new flagship Mario game seems a little risky (even if they did change the color of her gloves).

ALM5252

Weird. I thought they were avoiding including content from post-Brawl Nintendo games. Which they have done so far, the Skyward Sword stage being the only exception.

Including a costume for Peach straight out of the brand new flagship Mario game seems a little risky (even if they did change the color of her gloves).

I think it was only for new characters or something.

Also, the main site is up. I'm on the download page, but no 3.0. :(
Went to the site to read up on the newcomers.

sinxtanx

their site is blinking in and out and has been doing that all day. I guess people are excited to play :p

Whenever it releases I think we're going to see multiple mirrors going up in a matter of seconds

Jaeger

It's just an alternate costume color. Not a new character. I think that's still playing it safe.

ffdgh

Imitation...and a very good one at that, is the sincerest form of flattery :p

Cody_D165

Banned
Figure it worth a shot, but I need some help. My Wii U will not boot Gecko OS when I go to the Stage Editor (Hackless method, obviously 2.6b) I'm wiped everything off the card, formatted it to FAT32, and put all of the files onto the card from the .zip file. What am I missing? (I should mention that I can't save any photos/replays to the SD card in regular Brawl, but there's zero write-protection on it; could that be why?)

Not sure if you ever found the answer to this or not but you must use an SD card that's 2GB or less with Brawl, because the game was made before the SDHC update. If the SD card is 2GB or less after all then I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Top Bottom