• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games no longer tied to subscription(Keep them forever) - EU - Probable Error

mclem

I - in the UK - have expiry listed for Binding of Isaac, but not anything else.

This may be linked to the fact that I 'bought' the first five early on, but Isaac wasn't on the store at that point so I didn't actually pick it up until today, which suggests that it's a mistake that has since been rectified.

Maybe they were suppose to announce this on the PlayStation Experience event and someone jump the gun.

Why would the description say that otherwise?

There was a comment on the PS Blog where someone was praising Sony for the PS Plus selection for December and January, saying it made him want to get a PS4 and a Sony rep responded something to the effect of an announcement coming this holiday that would persuade him to come to the fold.

ExoSoul

Banned
Exactly the same month my sub expired...

I'll wait though, didn't see anything interesting besides First Light in January.

playstation isn't that stupid.

It really depends.

Would people have more incentive to sign up now that they know you´ll get to keep the games offered permanently, thus Plus becoming a more valuable proposition? They would obviously want to keep getting the games going forward, now more than ever. Add to that the fact that you need a subscription to play online to begin with.

Or, would people be happy to stop resubbing now that they know the consequence for doing so is less than before?

Being realistic though, it does sound too good to be true and a difficult pill to swallow for publishers and Sony (Now with their PS Now service) alike.

PS Plus sounded too good to be true as well. Yet that came to fruition. I think there is room to ponder the possibilities.

Aenima

Its a glitch, i also got my games from the Portuguese store, same as the OP, and all my PS+ games show expiration dates.

The thing that says you can keep your PS+ games forever is kinda true, as long you dont delete your PSN account and as long you have PS+ you can play them no matter how many times you interrupt your PS+ sub or even if you deleted the games from your console. When you resub to PS+ you can always go to the store, go in your tranfer list and redowload the games you already had before.

I tested this myseld with Resogun that i added to my transfer list even without having a PS4, then my 1 month ps+ trial sub ended. Now i got a PS4 last September and was able to download Resogun for free when i re-subed to PS+ again.

I heard you can now automatically add all the free PS Plus games to your account each month without manually "buying" them. Is that true? I can't find the setting.

mf.luder

I heard you can now automatically add all the free PS Plus games to your account each month without manually "buying" them. Is that true? I can't find the setting.

You might be thinking of the feature on the PS4 where you can buy them (AKA link them to your account) but not download them.

Top Bottom