• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus games for February: Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, more (NA&EU)

I just purchased all the PS Plus games for the month and none of them appear in my download list. What's happened? I did 'buy' them as they're in my transaction history but they don't appear in the Download List. What gives?

Log out and log back in

It should fix it

I just purchased all the PS Plus games for the month and none of them appear in my download list. What's happened? I did 'buy' them as they're in my transaction history but they don't appear in the Download List. What gives?

Sign out and back in, or just wait. Sony changed something so the games don't appear on it instantly anymore.

Bold One

PS3 downloda for the PSN+ stuff is straight up fucked, can't even get into the store sometimes, and I come back to find Deadly Premonitions a game I started downloading weeks ago stuck in pending at 16% WTF?!!

BkMogul

With my disc version of Yakuza 4, it installed a ton of data onto the harddrive. It might have been the entire game.

Did they change this for the downloadable version? Does it still need to install a massive "disc install" on top of the 22 gigs it occupies on the drive?

I'm wondering if I should erase my "game data" that is on my drive from the disc version, or keep it there...

Most DL versions of games have nothing in common with the disc-based counterparts (hell, even saved data from disc games sometimes doesn't work on the DL version. Dead Space 3 comes to mind). I'd delete the game data from the disc version. With the DL version, I'm pretty sure the 22GB will be it. Nothing additional is installed since it's running straight from the HDD.

Oh my god the Vertigo trait. I think I'm gonna throw up.

lol, that's one of the one's I just won't do anymore.

Having a great time with Rogue Legacy so far. About 5 hours in since yesterday. Skills are starting to get expensive, so hopefully I'll be getting gud sometime soon. Between this, BoI, and The Swapper, PS+ has been absolutely worth it so far.

Funny how some of the games end up getting overshadowed and I forget I have the, speaking of which:

(talking about Kick & Fennick)

It's REALLY good... I'm completely blown away. I just burned my full lunch hour playing it.

It's one of those "why have I never seen this done before" kind of games. Such a simple yet brilliant concept.

It's some of the best platforming I've ever played.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to remember to check this out.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Further thoughts on Kick & Fennick:

- Graphics are great (native and colorful)
- I aim with stick, but using touch may be more precise
- Animations are great and the characters are very charming, even though they don't speak, they don't need to
- Still in first world, and already discovered / unlocked two alternate costumes
- 50 gears to locate each level, I have not found them all in any level so far... and I'm trying
- the slow-mo while aiming is really neat, while platforming, and while shooting enemies. Gives it a very satisfying feel
- very challenging sequences already. timed jumping through beams and such.
- You can disable the "score screen" between levels, to make it feel more seamless
- but loading is still a bit long between levels and returning to main menu
- I hope the later worlds have different environments.

This game is a MUST PLAY
I'm not usually a platformer kind of guy but I tried the game and it's really fun. It feels a bit mobileish due to the way the touchpad is used for menus but I don't know how it would work on a purely mobile device.

It's certainly worth trying out to see if you like it. I am enjoying my time at the moment.

GWX

Further thoughts on Kick & Fennick:

- Graphics are great (native and colorful)
- I aim with stick, but using touch may be more precise
- Animations are great and the characters are very charming, even though they don't speak, they don't need to
- Still in first world, and already discovered / unlocked two alternate costumes
- 50 gears to locate each level, I have not found them all in any level so far... and I'm trying
- the slow-mo while aiming is really neat, while platforming, and while shooting enemies. Gives it a very satisfying feel
- very challenging sequences already. timed jumping through beams and such.
- You can disable the "score screen" between levels, to make it feel more seamless
- but loading is still a bit long between levels and returning to main menu
- I hope the later worlds have different environments.

This game is a MUST PLAY

This game makes me hate Vita's sticks. So small and imprecise =( Fun game, by the way. Halfway through chapter 2 right now, pretty engaging to play so far. Hopefully there will be more environmental variety, though.

This game makes me hate Vita's sticks. So small and imprecise =( Fun game, by the way. Halfway through chapter 2 right now, pretty engaging to play so far. Hopefully there will be more environmental variety, though.

well the vita hates you too so consider yourself even. douche

:p

ThatManTy

Neo Member
So Rogue Legacy. I love games like this. I was all hyped to run through the game, and instantly had my expectations stunted. Got the 20 deaths achievement in maybe 20 mins... I can't use analogue stick for movement, as I think the d-pad is tighter for the downward air attack. Just wish you cold dash through people, but I suppose that would make the game a lot easier. So I died and died and died, prob more than 50 times, but just like OlliOlli, there was a moment when the game sorta clicked, and I made a decent attempt at the first boss.

Gonna give it another attempt tonight.

I don't like rouge legacy. its a doodoo game, I like spelunky better. All that happens in RL is i die nonstop, i don't even feel like im making any progress. Yakuza 4 though is mad dope.

yamo

With the games on PS4 this month I won't need to buy any games until Bloodborne is out. Value of PS+ is amazing now.

Clunker

Man, this month made me remember how great Rogue Legacy is. I picked it up on PC and played it hard for about two weeks, but I'm on a laptop and tend to drift in and out of PC gaming, especially controller-driven ones. But having this now on PS3 and Vita with cross-save is goddamned heaven. I'd forgotten how great the controls feel once you get those dash and extra-jump runes - all the old timings are coming back to my muscle memory. So, so good.

And now I finally get to try a Yakuza game! I'd flirted with picking up 3 and/or 4 off and on for years. Now I have no excuse. PS+ is amazeballs.

Yakuza 4 won't install. I downloaded it twice today and whenever I go to install it, it says error occurred during the installation. Anyone else have this problem?

aravuus

Yakuza 4 won't install. I downloaded it twice today and whenever I go to install it, it says error occurred during the installation. Anyone else have this problem?

There's definitely something weird with it, it installed for over an hour for me

Can't help with your problem though, sorry

Danneee

Rogue Legacy's icon somehow got switched to the Transistor icon and the game chrashed my PS4 when I tried to uninstall it.

The game itself was ok. I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it.

EctoPrime

The new PS3 store update 1.15 is really buggy. I have tried twice to get this months games and It is just randomly closing the progam and loading the system menu even before I get to the Plus category.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Rogue Legacy's icon somehow got switched to the Transistor icon and the game chrashed my PS4 when I tried to uninstall it.

How much time did you give it? Not that your opinion is invalid, just wondering.

There have always been problems with bigger files like GTA V, and Yakuza 4 belongs to them. What helps most of the time is to not download it in the background, just let the console sit there in the store until it's finished.

Danneee

How much time did you give it? Not that your opinion is invalid, just wondering.

About an hour, it's not a bad game but I found the graphical style to be somewhat ugly and boring and the general mechanics was a bit meh. It just didn't click with me like Shovel Knight did.

barit

Apotheon is great. Didn't expect anything and was positively suprised. I like those 2D platformer that are going back to the roots. Visual it looks amazing and the game has many puzzles with huge maps to explore. You can even craft some stuff. Very addictive so far. Only letdown: No Vita version ;(

Bashtee

Apotheon is great. [...] Very addictive so far. Only letdown: No Vita version ;(

This. I've got, like, over 120 Vita/PSP/PS1 games, but I need my monthly fix. Suikoden I,II and Kick & Fennick will have to do for now.

On a side note: It's amazing to see what indie devs have done to the gaming industry. So many games with so much creativity, great gameplay, great stories... Just look at Apotheon and Kick & Fennick. This is fucking art.

Novocaine

Apotheon is great. Didn't expect anything and was positively suprised. I like those 2D platformer that are going back to the roots. Visual it looks amazing and the game has many puzzles with huge maps to explore. You can even craft some stuff. Very addictive so far. Only letdown: No Vita version ;(

I'm a little disappointed in it. I will give it a little more time but it just seemed empty. I really love the art style though.

Jblanks

Transistor is great. Love how it has a touch of Bastion in it with the narrator, and art design, but it's a brand new experience. Will try Rogue Legacy tomorrow.

Only got round to downloading this months stuff this morning so I played Apotheon for about 30 minutes and got to the part where you are called to go fight the first boss after finishing the missions about the area. Seems good so far, visuals are really nice and I like the variations in weapons you get.

Also started Rogue legacy on Vita during my commute and lunch break, ranked lv 24 now. Really enjoying it so far, was doing pretty crappy at first but I have been levelling away and had one run where I collected around 2k so was pretty happy about that. I have encountered the first boss (Big eye) about 3 times recently but it’s a damn bastard and I haven’t been able to beat it yet. Looking forward to continuing with the game.

KiraXD

You are not a person I wish to interact with on this site or any other. Good day.

ohhh noooooo

14431-620x-bZR24s4C37b114LKqk5kY2v458gV23zc.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So Rogue Legacy. I love games like this. I was all hyped to run through the game, and instantly had my expectations stunted. Got the 20 deaths achievement in maybe 20 mins... I can't use analogue stick for movement, as I think the d-pad is tighter for the downward air attack. Just wish you cold dash through people, but I suppose that would make the game a lot easier. So I died and died and died, prob more than 50 times, but just like OlliOlli, there was a moment when the game sorta clicked, and I made a decent attempt at the first boss.

Gonna give it another attempt tonight.

what
why are you using analog for a 2d platformer
what

I played this on my PC quite a bit, with a 360 controller and never once complained about the controls.

The analog stick on the PS4 is horrible in this game.. that and I kept having weird lag with inputs.. sometimes stuck in movements.. was weird.. but the down thrust on the analog is horrible.. I can't get it to not drift to the side.

I hate using d-pads these days.. prefer analog.. but I think it has more to do with shit placement of the analog compared to the Xbox controllers.. yes.. team Xbox.. the PS4 is better than the PS3.. but the analog still sucks balls for 2D.. it's in the wrong spot.

Same thing, except it showed Apatheon logo. I did the download through the online site though.. did you? Didn't bother rebooting to see if it fixed itself.

Same thing, except it showed Apatheon logo. I did the download through the online site though.. did you? Didn't bother rebooting to see if it fixed itself.

I have that as well. Downloaded from the PSN store. I'll try to rebuild the database.

EDIT: Yeah, rebuilding database worked.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Try adjusting your screen settings on the PS4.

Yeah, just figured it out.. it used the PS4 setting not in game setting.. my son must have adjusted it to the bedroom TV earlier today.. It was just way underscanned.

Finally got Yakuza 4 downloaded and I've played it for a bit. I played the first Yakuza game, and probably about 2/3s of the second. Never played the 3rd. But so far I'm really like the 4th game. Still just on the first character but I like him a lot better than Kazuma, at least going by my memories. If things keep up I'll probably get 5 when they release it, assuming I can fit it on my hard drive.

Petrie

Banned
I almost feel guilty getting Rogue Legacy as part of this. I've had so much fun playing it on Vita while watching whatever on Netflix. Don't even care about progressing yet, just grinding for gold to unlock more and more stuff.

This game is really, really good. Anything else I get is just a bonus from this month's offerings.

everytime i go on rogue legacy it asks me to perform an update then promptly tells me im not connected to "PSN" so cant, I need to sort out cross save before i go away!

awesum game btw :p

Cess007

Dammit at Rogue Legacy, i've been stuck at a boss for 2 days now
Ponce de Leon
. And even when i can't even take down half of his bar i keep trying and trying and trying and loving everytime i die. Awesome game :)

MikeyB

Rogue Legacy is my sort of game.

People were coming over for dinner in an hour. I showered, then thought, I'll try this game for five minutes. The doorbell rang and I was still in my towel.

Ugh. I made a lot of progress in Transistor. Then, immediately after completing a challenge in a backdoor shortly after the (probably mid-game?)
Spine of the World
boss battle, the game crashes to menu, where I find out in short order that (1) the crash occurred during an auto-save, corrupting my save data, and (2) for some reason my save data had not been uploading to cloud storage, even though I have the game set to auto-upload and have plenty of storage still available. I was enjoying the game but I really don't know if I want to spend several hours repeating all the areas I've already played through just to get back to this point.

In situations like this where a crash during autosave can completely obliterate the save file, I really wish Supergiant had gone with something a bit less prone to this particular problem, e.g. a three-file rolling autosave. But I realize this sort of thing is probably relatively rare, and if my backups had actually been working I would probably have lost less than an hour of progress.

Luckily for me, I'm really excited to try Apotheon and Rogue Legacy (and would also be excited for Yakuza 4 if I hadn't already played it - even so, I may play it again just for kicks).

The weirdest thing...

I got Transistor and Rogue Legacy at the same time, and for some reason Rogue had the same icon art as Transistor. The game worked fine so it didn't really mean much to me. But as I was playing I started to notice the trophies had weird names. Turns out I'm somehow unlocking trophies for Transistor by playing Rogue. I'm 30% complete and I haven't even played the game yet. How does something like that even happen?

Top Bottom