• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells through 6.2 million units worldwide during the 2016 holiday season

Guymelef

I believe people stopped to cared about DF articles were because they are more focused in videos than articles.

When the focus was articles I read every sigle one but know I just enter in GAF thread and leave because it is a video.

Same here, but I think in my case it's because English isn't my native language and I prefer to read.

StereoVsn

MS should make Halo kart racer, RPG, a telltale series and rotate between them, no more fatigue.
I would buy Xbone S easily for a good Halo RPG. I still don't get why they are hung up on pure shooters with Halo IP, there are many opportunities. Wouldn't do a kart racer but something with air combat vehicles.

Humdinger

Gold Member
It's not a reasonable argument at all actually. The two main markets for Xbox are US/UK. Both are extremely price sensitive.

The Scorpio, like the Pro, is going to be a niche product. Xbox fans who are hoping that Scorpio is going to move the needle, let alone do much are bordering on delusion.

I don't think you can write it off completely like that ["it" being the idea that having better looking performing multiplatform titles might be a selling point]. I think you're underestimating how important "having the most powerful console" and being able to "play the best version of GTA (or CoD or whatever AAA multiplat)" is to some people. People didn't need to check DF analyses to know which console had the better-performing, better-looking games over the past 3 years. Word filters down. MS is going for the power angle for a reason.

Now, how big those differences will be, and how many people that will actually sway, I don't know. Obviously it won't be enough to shift the tide globally. But within US and UK markets, I don't think it'll be negligible, either.

And I love it when people point to a thread reflecting the current state of affairs as ”proof" that NeoGaf is and always has been an inherently Sony-biased community.

Lol. I didn't say that. That's the second time in a row you've attacked me for something I didn't say. You know what would be really cool of you? If you actually took the time to read and listen to what I said, rather than project what you think I said, then attack the projection.

I believe people stopped to cared about DF articles were because they are more focused in videos than articles.

When the focus was articles I read every sigle one but know I just enter in GAF thread and leave because it is a video.

I stopped caring about what DF had to say when they moved into gameplay critique.

Melchiah

Same here, but I think in my case it's because English isn't my native language and I prefer to read.

Yeah, I prefer written articles over videos as well. It just takes too much time to watch the videos through, when I can read the technical parts of the articles that interest me much faster.

Top Bottom