• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps5 confirmed raytracing

There is no ceiling for that, even current consoles could achieve that if the graphics are simple enough.
Depends im not sure if ps4 or one x gpus can output 8k pixels even if processing wise they could, n im deffinetely sure they meant high end games at 8k 120 fps they showed a demo of gt sport running at 8k 120 fps again this is achievable not dimply by teraflops its the ssg virtual ram used, amd showed a demo of it smoothly editing 8k visuals u should go check digital foundrys video aswell, higher resolutions are memory and bandwidth bottlenecked so if they have a 128gb vram buffer on the ssg anything is possible.

Here gt sport 8k 120 fps raytraced

Last edited:

nowhat

Gold Member
There is no ceiling for that, even current consoles could achieve that if the graphics are simple enough.
If we're going to be really pedantic, and why wouldn't we - no they wouldn't have, at least to output it anywhere. A new HDMI standard is required.

(that is not to say I'd think we'll see many, if any, 8K/120fps titles next gen)

nkarafo

If we're going to be really pedantic, and why wouldn't we - no they wouldn't have, at least to output it anywhere. A new HDMI standard is required.

(that is not to say I'd think we'll see many, if any, 8K/120fps titles next gen)
Sure but you know what i meant with my post. But i'll bite and say that even if there is no 8k output, the internal resolution could still be 8k and then down-sampled, like how some people do in PC games to get better image quality, is that correct?

Depends im not sure if ps4 or one x gpus can output 8k pixels even if processing wise they could, n im deffinetely sure they meant high end games at 8k 120 fps they showed a demo of gt sport running at 8k 120 fps again this is achievable not dimply by teraflops its the ssg virtual ram used, amd showed a demo of it smoothly editing 8k visuals u should go check digital foundrys video aswell, higher resolutions are memory and bandwidth bottlenecked so if they have a 128gb vram buffer on the ssg anything is possible.

There is no way a 400$-500$ console will give you 120fps @ 8K with that graphical quality at this time.

nowhat

Gold Member
Sure but you know what i meant with my post. But i'll bite and say that even if there is no 8k output, the internal resolution could still be 8k and then down-sampled, like how some people do in PC games to get better image quality, is that correct?

There is no way a 400$-500$ console will give you 120fps @ 8K with that graphical quality at this time.
They showed it running at ces do what do u mean its impossible theyve done it and here is a the ray tracing video.. its all behind the ssd. Why do u think they call it the game changer?

Go to minute 7. To output ps4 games at 8k 120fps isnt hard on a 12tf machine with 128+ vram buffer

nkarafo

Last edited:

baphomet

That's not at all how it works. SSG isn't going to magically render games at 8k/120fps. It has literally nothing to do with that.

Also 8k 120fps isn't even possible, and no one, least of all Sony said that PS5 supported it. You'll not get any 8k/60 games and no 4k/120. If we even see 8k resolution they'll be very basic games. We may see some checkboarded stuff at 120fps, but it'll more likely be 1080p/120.

That GT demo is not for the PS5.

Number of PS5 games we've seen with raytracing: 1

Number of Xbox series X games we've seen with raytracing: 0

Fanboys: tHe PS5 DoEsN't hAvE a rAytRaCiNg cHiP bUt tHe XbOx dOeS
Actually it's good, let them think PS5 will be weak and featureless come 2020......Just like they did prior to 2013......'PS can never beat XBOX
in power and all that Jazz"......With such delusions, it will hit harder for the second time when PS comes on top with better hardware and unique features both hardware-wise and software-wise (OS)…...

Hell, some guy is already spreading FUD that PS5 will be around Lockhart's power, when just before last week, everybody thought Lockhart was cancelled. We're back on the 8-9TF train from Penello and Leadbetter, we deny everything Mark Cerny has said and choose to believe leakers or people who have no vested interest in PS hardware...…..The way things are going, soon someone will say PS5 is around XBONEX power at 6 TF, it's just pure lunacy and FUD at the moment......
This is a completely different scenario. Xbox One never aimed to be the most powerful console. It sacrificed specs/budget for kinect,entertainment etc.. under the helm of Don Mattrick. XSX is specifully being designed/built to be the most powerful next gen console MS can possibly build at a premium price (from the same team who designed XB1X). The evidence of XSX being more powerful than PS5 is pileing up. From Tom Warren,rogame,Komachi,DF own sources,Windows Central,Arthur Gies,Dylan522p,RedTechGaming etc.... pointing to XSX 12tf vs PS5 9.2 tf. Phil is on recording stating very confidently he thinks XSX will be the most powerful next gen console. You then begin to understand looking at XSX pc tower form factor to cool and a cheaper Lockhart sku. MS has planned to have the most powerful premium console and the cheapest.

And for several months now,its been the sony fanboys touting PS5 as the most powerful based on a few so called insiders (klee) and taking everything they say as gospel.

Honest question. If it does turn out XSX 12tf RDNA2 vs PS5 9.2tf RDNA1,are you sony fans then going to claim "power doesn't/never mattered"?

Last edited:
That's not at all how it works. SSG isn't going to magically render games at 8k/120fps. It has literally nothing to do with that.

Also 8k 120fps isn't even possible, and no one, least of all Sony said that PS5 supported it. You'll not get any 8k/60 games and no 4k/120. If we even see 8k resolution they'll be very basic games. We may see some checkboarded stuff at 120fps, but it'll more likely be 1080p/120.

That GT demo is not for the PS5.
Keep hating... See you wheb they reveal the ps5 hope u wont go hiding on a cave

nowhat

Gold Member
Oh I get your point, was just being intentionally silly. It's a trait I can't seem to shake. And yes, supersampling can do wonders for image quality, if there's no option for outputting the internal resolution.

But I totally agree with your point; the original PS probably could do even more K than there are displays for quite some time, at refresh rates only visible to insects. While rendering Pong. $CONSOLE can't output $RESOLUTION/$FRAMERATE is really quite pointless rhetoric - it comes down to what is being displayed.

FranXico

Not rumour

Just a desire/sexual fantasy of a deluded Xbox fanatic running accounts on Twitter having that komachi "reveal" as a base for his ridiculous conspiracy Theory that is Just heavily anti Sony.

Guy Said PS5 will be like 8tf with no Ray tracing whatsoever wich contradicts many official claims including from the PS5 creator himself.

ALL that shit posted lately is getting beryond ridiculous and Sony engineering team must bê laughing hard at this
I don't know if you're just joking, but if you're right, I hope Sony shows the tweets in their reveal LOL.

Until then, I'll assume 9TF.

Are you too fucking stupid to understand that there isn't any video connection that supports 8k/120?

Do you even understand what was used to run that demo?
Your the one stupid here, both sony and microsoft have said theyll support 8k 120 fps gameplay and your here mr nobody probably sitting on a dildo in ur room claiming angrily that they wont be able to support it. So should we listen to ur pebble sized brain or listen to sony and ms representatives.

JordanN

Banned
S Shangounchained is the krizzx of our generation.

For those out of the loop, krizzx was a notorious Nintendo fanboy on Neogaf around 2013 who claimed the Wii U had superpowers. He would pick any new game announced for the Wii U and compare it to supercomputers.

I wish I was making this up but he was hella aggressive to when it came to exaggerating Nintendo's hardware before the PS4/XBO came out and left it in the dust.

when they reveal the PS5 and it won't be as magical as you expect it to be, nobody will rub your posts in your face and laugh at you because nobody else is immature enough to bookmark them and waste time and energy for you. Remember this post and be thankful for that.
I dont have time to remember bullshit, u should instead remember ur senile remarks and claims that it wont support 8k 120 and prepare some poison to drink when they reveal that they can, they said 128gb ram was impossible and now it is possible because of the ssd virtual ram they also said no way is raytracing possible on consoles and now uts been revealed that they support it, so mr negative keep it up.

nowhat

Gold Member
Your the one stupid here
This, in combination with your "flair" -

swedish_chef.jpg

S Shangounchained is the krizzx of our generation.

For those out of the loop, krizzx was a notorious Nintendo fanboy on Neogaf around 2013 who claimed the Wii U had superpowers. He would pick any new game announced for the Wii U and compare it to supercomputers.

I wish I was making this up but he was hella aggressive to when it came to exaggerating Nintendo's hardware before the PS4/XBO came out and left it in the dust.
Im not a fanboy of any kind or form im simply psoting what ive seen and what has been revealed by both sony and ms i dont fabricate my opinions, and lastly i reply to people same way same manner same language they use against me, an eye for an eye its very simple.

JordanN

Banned
Im not a fanboy of any kind or form im simply psoting what ive seen and what has been revealed by both sony and ms i dont fabricate my opinions, and lastly i reply to people same way same manner same language they use against me, an eye for an eye its very simple.
Seen by what? You claim to have a PS5 or came in contact with its actual graphics?

You can't make this claim without an actual mod verifying this.

Last edited:

Banned
I know but recent rumours claimed ps5 wont support it n they made jokes that itll only be ray traced audio

no, what the recent rumours say is that the raytracing hardware is not provided by AMD.
so it could very well be that Sony modified the GPU themselves using their own tech.

also, literally every hardware that can display 3d images can also use raytracing, people made raytracing demos on the Amiga for example.
and with recent graphics demos like the RayTracing demo by Crytek we also get more and more efficient methods.
that really good looking raytracing demo made in Cryengine runs easily at 1080p60 on my GTX 1070oc, a card that was not meant to run realtime raytracing, yet here is it doing it pretty well because Crytek developed a very efficient way to do it.

nkarafo

I dont have time to remember bullshit, u should instead remember ur senile remarks and claims that it wont support 8k 120 and prepare some poison to drink when they reveal that they can, they said 128gb ram was impossible and now it is possible because of the ssd virtual ram they also said no way is raytracing possible on consoles and now uts been revealed that they support it, so mr negative keep it up.
I guess you are not experienced enough, you probably haven't lived through previous generation pre-release hypes, rumors and fanboy expectations. You are the same kind of person who would believe the N64 can produce SGI level graphics like the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park or that the Killzone 2 demo was real time PS3 graphics just because "the representatives told me so".

Last edited:

nowhat

Gold Member
so it could very well be that Sony modified the GPU themselves using their own tech.
And that would be completely feasible. Has the "ID buffer" appeared on any AMD products thus far? AFAIK no, so it's a Sony proprietary feature on a Pro GPU.

(and if it were Sony proprietary tech, it doesn't mean anything one way or another WRT performance, we'll have to wait for the actual games for that)

.The evidence of XSX being more powerful than PS5 is pileing up. From Tom Warren,rogame,Komachi,DF own sources,Windows Central,Arthur Gies,Dylan522p,RedTechGaming etc.... pointing to XSX 12tf vs PS5 9.2 tf. Phil is on recording stating very confidently he thinks XSX will be the most powerful next gen console. You then begin to understand looking at XSX pc tower form factor to cool and a cheaper Lockhart sku. MS has planned to have the most powerful premium console and the cheapest.

And for several months now,its been the sony fanboys touting PS5 as the most powerful based on a few so called insiders (klee) and taking everything they say as gospel.

Honest question. If it does turn out XSX 12tf RDNA2 vs PS5 9.2tf RDNA1,are you sony fans then going to claim "power doesn't/never mattered"?

Yeah. I smell double standards here. We all know what happened before E3, and immediatelly after Reiner's tweet.

Only believe and take their words as gospel : Tom Warren,rogame,Komachi,DF own sources,Windows Central,Arthur Gies,Dylan522p,RedTechGaming etc..

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
This is a completely different scenario. Xbox One never aimed to be the most powerful console. It sacrificed specs/budget for kinect,entertainment etc.. under the helm of Don Mattrick. XSX is specifully being designed/built to be the most powerful next gen console MS can possibly build at a premium price (from the same team who designed XB1X). The evidence of XSX being more powerful than PS5 is pileing up. From Tom Warren,rogame,Komachi,DF own sources,Windows Central,Arthur Gies,Dylan522p,RedTechGaming etc.... pointing to XSX 12tf vs PS5 9.2 tf. Phil is on recording stating very confidently he thinks XSX will be the most powerful next gen console. You then begin to understand looking at XSX pc tower form factor to cool and a cheaper Lockhart sku. MS has planned to have the most powerful premium console and the cheapest.

They will spin it like they always do. Example being a df faceoff. X = 4K/60FPS with dips to 58fps vs PRO = 1440/60FPS

"PRO is easily king" lmao.

Retarded kids throwing ice cubes at the sun. Best analogy for the warriors lol.

I guess you are not experienced enough, you probably haven't lived through previous generation pre-release hypes, rumors and fanboy expectations. You are the same kind of person who would believe the N64 can produce SGI level graphics like the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park or that the Killzone 2 demo was real time PS3 graphics just because "the representatives told me so".
I knew the killzone demo wad cgi from the day they showed it i can tell cgi from realtime very easily ive been gaming and dealing with graphics for as long as i can remember, but this time it feels different all the hunches i had have come out to be true, so i wont be the guys who denied ps4 would have 8gb ram and argued like monkeys that itll only have 2-4gb ur the one waiting to be shamed

no, what the recent rumours say is that the raytracing hardware is not provided by AMD.

also, literally every hardware that can display 3d images can also use raytracing, people made raytracing demos on the Amiga for example.
and with recent graphics demos like the RayTracing demo by Crytek we also get more and more efficient methods.
that really good looking raytracing demo made in Cryengine runs easily at 1080p60 on my GTX 1070oc, a card that was not meant to run realtime raytracing, yet here is it doing it pretty well because Crytek developed a very efficient way to do it.
They did raytracing on ps4 n xbox one, on titled like the tomorrow children, dreams, claybook,. Theyve done ray marching on ace combat for the volumetric clouds, they did raymarching on ps4 on warhawk for again volumetric clouds, but this is software raytracing it isnt hardware accelerated rumours claimed ps5 would be hardware accelerated raytracing

Seen by what? You claim to have a PS5 or came in contact with its actual graphics?

You can't make this claim without an actual mod verifying this.
Im basing my claims on spencers words, mark cernys words and interviews, amd also femos from sony as ive shown gt sport. What about u are u bading ur understanding from ur bumhole?

JordanN

Banned
Im basing my claims on spencers words, mark cernys words and interviews, amd also femos from sony as ive shown gt sport. What about u are u bading ur understanding from ur bumhole?
Lol, last thread you said not to trust companies that talk about their own products (i.e Nvidia), but here you take Sony's words and spread it like gospel.

You are a troll. Stop lying and making BS up.

nkarafo

ive been gaming and dealing with graphics for as long as i can remember
So you must know how 120fps @ 8K (and Ray-Tracing on top of that, lol) is a very unrealistic target for a 500$ console, unless you are talking about rendering extremely simple graphics so it can reach that target.

I'm not suggesting the console can't reach those targets individually. I'm saying it's unrealistic to expect all those targets combined while still getting all the polys and fancy effects a game will need to look decent enough.

I mean, we don't even have 60fps 4K yet, even top of the line PCs that cost 4 times as much struggle with this standard. And that's without Ray-Tracing.

You are aiming for at least 2 generations ahead my guy.

Lol, last thread you said not to trust companies that talk about their own products (i.e Nvidia), but here you take Sony's words and spread it like gospel.

You are a troll. Stop lying and making BS up.
Nobody forced u to trust me i didnt beg u to believe me thats ur decision n stop mixing and bending my meanings to fit ur argument about nvidia i simpky said as a ceo hes bound to say that their product is better than consoles. N here im simply posting what sony and microsoft have said and claimed if u have a problem with that go fuck urself, u are the troll here u ran out of points so uve started plucking and picking up cheap shots, what a sore loser.

So you must know how 120fps @ 8K (and Ray-Tracing on top of that, lol) is a very unrealistic target for a 500$ console, unless you are talking about rendering extremely simple graphics so it can reach that target.

I'm not suggesting the console can't reach those targets individually. I'm saying it's unrealistic to expect all those targets combined while still getting all the polys and fancy effects a game will need to look decent enough.

I mean, we don't even have 60fps 4K yet, even top of the line PCs that cost 4 times as much struggle with this standard. And that's without Ray-Tracing.

They said they can output 8k 120 fps now if ur a man with a reasoning brain ull know achieving any reasonable frame rate and resolutions needs sacrifices you can output 120 fps on any console depending what ur trying to render, by what ive seen shown and theres videos of it is gt sport running at 8k 120fps 8k thatd the evidence i have how they do it is none of my business.

Then why are you on Neogaf?
This website is not for people to spout their garbage and get away with it. You need to go to Resetera instead.
Im simply posting my mind and exersizing my freedoms and subscription im not here to preach to u on what us true or false, if ur an adult with reasoning capabilities u can decide it for urself, whether its neogaf recetera or bbc fake news is everywhere theres no exception n im not joining any platform to amuse u or anybody. So have a nice day!

Last edited:

baphomet

Forget the fact that HDMI 2.1, which is what both consoles are using, doesn't even support 8k/120.

Dude, you seriously gotta take a chill pill. The only one getting really worked up here is you, and you do that all by yourself with these inane threads.
Im not worked up, im really chilled its simply a habit of mine to reply same way people reply to me its very simple u call me stupid n i call u stupid. Easy

JordanN

Banned
Im simply posting my mind and exersizing my freedoms and subscription im not here to preach to u on what us true or false, if ur an adult with reasoning capabilities u can decide it for urself, whether its neogaf recetera or bbc fake news is everywhere theres no exception n im not joining any platform to amuse u or anybody. So have a nice day!
You don't have freedom on a private website. And the fact that you've been proven wrong constantly means you are weighing down the actual quality of discussion on these boards.

You are not bringing any value being here.

thelastword

Banned

Go back and read the forums and threads before PS4's launch...….Where do you think "we will never concede 30% came from", "unlimited power of the cloud via azure, just unlimited power, even PC's were in trouble"...….It's all there, don't try to pretend that everybody thought that XBONE would be weaker...…..Go back and read...…..

The hyperbole on anything MS is just a means to a fall.….just like when DF said XBONEX was like a "GTX 1070", which could not be further from the truth......I bet you Leadbetter believes that XBONE will be 12TF since he's already in the 8-9TF camp for PS5...…..It's the same way in a preview of XBONE DF said most of the launch games were running at 1080p 60fps and we all know how that turned out in 2013...…..They have no problem pushing the MS fairydust and "having doubts" on any semblance of PS5 being more powerful or having RT hardware etc.....Things are going to get very interesting the next few months...…

You don't have freedom on a private website. And the fact that you've been proven wrong constantly means you are weighing down the actual quality of discussion on these boards.

You are not bringing any value being here.
Everybody is free here! if u feel inprisoned then thats u keep serving ur time n Proven wrong by who? And what do u mean by contantly ur explanations are radical and very fascist can really show ur personality,. Again i didnt force u to reply comment hate or love this thread thats up to u.

nkarafo

They said they can output 8k 120 fps now if ur a man with a reasoning brain ull know achieving any reasonable frame rate and resolutions needs sacrifices you can output 120 fps on any console depending what ur trying to render, by what ive seen shown and theres videos of it is gt sport running at 8k 120fps 8k thatd the evidence i have how they do it is none of my business.
What evidence? The article you quoted doesn't even talk about the PS5 and has a PS6 remark in the subtitle.

Do you have evidence of what an actual PS5 retail model can do?

Not unless a mod looks into it.

Shangounchained has already gone off many times hurling insults at people instead of refusing to acknowledge when he is wrong. That's not what this website stands for and there other places on the internet he can carry on his behavior.
Go take a tissue and wipe ur tears, grown man crying about on a gaming thread u should be ashamed, nyaaa nyaa nyaaa mama mama... Kuchikuchi kuchi koo whose a little baby 🚼 😂😂😂 grow up mate...

What evidence? The article you quoted doesn't even talk about the PS5 and has a PS6 remark in the subtitle.

Do you have evidence of what an actual PS5 retail model can do?
the footage is on youtube the link i posted was the easiest i could pick online about it being ps6 is the websites author its not my writting, go google it n stop fighting about bitchy kiddish things. Even gt sport posted it on there website and deleted it

Raytracing in 7 minutes

Last edited:

nowhat

Gold Member
Go take a tissue and wipe ur tears, grown man crying about on a gaming thread u should be ashamed, nyaaa nyaa nyaaa mama mama... Kuchikuchi kuchi koo whose a little baby 🚼 😂😂😂 grow up mate...
This is coming from someone who's not worked up. Brace yourselves - one time he will be, and the shitposting will be on a whole new level.

Top Bottom