• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 DualSense Controller Has a Headphone Jack

ethomaz

Banned
There is a lot of confusion and FUD about DualSense not having an audio jack plug so I decided to open this thread to tell GAFers:

Yes, DualSense has headphone jack plugin just like DS4.
So you can plug in your headphone used on DS4 on your new DualSense.

At least we have a confirmation now.

Some random mock-up from Google just to have a pic on OP.

FTo28y1.jpg

Last edited:
Not something that i will ever use realistically, but i can see why most people appreciate this. With this and the mic in the controllers there should be absolutely no reason someone is playing COD or BF online without being able to communicate.

sol740

It may have a headphone jack, but the thumbsticks actually have an electrified, sharpened needle just below the rubberized material, at it's center point, designed to discourage overzealous clicking and squeezing. So you'll hear sounds just fine through your headphones, right before you get stabbed in the thumbs, and zapped.

Last edited:

leo-j

I like the concept, a nice upgrade. I thought the DS3- DS4 upgrade was perfect tho, I kinda will miss the DS4 so much :(

buizel

Banned
but will i experience the manufactured JOY that is present in iwata presents nintendo's JOYcons

remember to PLEASE ENJOY

PLEASE HAVE FUN

SSHHHHH DIRTY ASIAN BRAINWASHING

DESTROYA

I wouldn’t say that anyone is spreading FUD about the headphone jack, it’s more a case of the Sony’s communication for the PS5, which has been abysmal for the past few months. 2005 level bad.
Of course they are, it was one e of the first lies console warriors brought up purposely just to spread FUD

GenericUser

It may have a headphone jack, but the thumbsticks actually have an electrified, sharpened needle just below the rubberized material, at it's center point, designed to discourage overzealous clicking and squeezing. So you'll hear sounds just fine through your headphones, right before you get stabbed in the thumbs, and zapped.
i chuckled, god speed dear sir

Radical_3d

Of course they are, it was one e of the first lies console warriors brought up purposely just to spread FUD
My point is that they could not be spreading FUD if Sony makes his job. They didn’t clarify the controller had a 3.5mm jack in a post on their own blog. How clumsy is that?

Radical_3d

Then why say that the gamepad doesn't have 3.5 mm when even you don't have any idea?
If you don’t see one is an easy assumption. Even Sony fans though the hole beneath was too little for a Jack. When you don’t communicate properly the message is misleading. It’s business school 101

Top Bottom