• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 hottest gadget 2020 beating iPhone (2020)

My 1st thread here so bear with me.
Sony lives rent free in people's heads in Europe?
Is the Mindshare too much for Xbox to compete against?
If you have similar gadget rankings in different countries please share.

Prisjakt.se (Swedish part of the biggest price comparison site in the Nordics) ranked PS5 as the gadget People had most interest in.

Google translate:
# 1
Playstation 5 - the superior winner
Interest in game consoles has completely skyrocketed in 2020. Partly because the current pandemic makes many people want something to have fun with at home, but also because the new generation of game consoles was released earlier in November.

Playstation 5 is the undeniably most popular gadget on Prisjakt in 2020. The game console was released together with Xbox Series X and went straight to the top close before the mobile phone iPhone 11 and the in-ear headphones AirPods Pro.

Xbox Series X is also a crowd pleaser, but not enough for a podium but as number ten. We find the slightly cheaper sibling model Xbox Series S first on the not quite as glorious top 400 list.

1. Sony PlayStation 5 (PS5)
2. Apple iPhone 11 64GB
3. Apple AirPods Pro
4. Apple AirPods (2nd Generation) med laddningsetui
5. Nintendo Switch (2019)
6. Sony Playstation 5 (PS5) Digital Edition
7. Apple iPhone XS 64GB
8. Apple iPhone 11 Pro 64GB
9. Roborock S6
10. Microsoft Xbox Series X 1TB

Last edited:
You should at least take a credible website or sales tracking and analyst for a serious discussion here.

for example Nintendo Switch sold 6 million units in Japan vs PS5+PS4 = 800K units in Japan.

You should at least take a credible website or sales tracking and analyst for a serious discussion here.

for example Nintendo Switch sold 6 million units in Japan vs PS5+PS4 = 800K units in Japan.
This is not only about sales, but also mindshare.
The article/link I added is about gadget price comparissons done on this specific site in Sweden. Why would their data be uncredible?

(Maybe the topic I added wasn't the best one)

But I didn't want to make this discussion country specific, more about mind share in different countries.

yazenov

But but I thought that the only reason Sony was so successful was because the competition shot themselves in the foot.

BUT but Gamepass is a game changer and the best value in gaming.

Also dont read too much into ps5 launch sales.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Rightfully so. The demand for PS5 will only increase with Returnal, God of War Ragnorak, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Horizon Forbidden West coming

This is not only about sales, but also mindshare.
The article/link I added is about gadget price comparissons done on this specific site in Sweden. Why would their data be uncredible?

(Maybe the topic I added wasn't the best one)

But I didn't want to make this discussion country specific, more about mind share in different countries.
You should've put that country in the title as Nintendo Switch is the most popular console in 2020 by a wide margin.

Bryank75

Banned
I think it was pretty obvious this past year, the anticipation and thirst for news was intense.

However I still think it's early days for consoles....

Consoles have a long path ahead, not only increases in power, capabilities, asset streaming and memory but in miniaturization, power consumption and use of more interesting materials to achieve a more sophisticated aesthetic.

I would also like to see them consider a physical games format that loads the game instantly or does not require installation.

Rolla

Banned
Here in Europe we value Story. A developing narrative and character arc holds higher esteem here in general.

Fredrik

It’s based on searches for price comparisons and availability, everyone is going crazy trying to find one right now and it literally can’t be found anywhere, it’s crazy. Can’t even find an estimated delivery date.

Top Bottom