• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 players will soon be able to join Discord voice chat directly from their console

172d59a185fc7326887589068dcc701363e29028.jpg

Easier access to Discord voice chat will roll out gradually over the coming weeks.

In recent years, we’ve partnered with Discord to introduce more ways for players to connect with their friends and communities across Discord and the PS5 console. Since we first introduced Discord voice chat on PS5, players have joined a Discord voice chat on PS5 more than 290 million times to hang out with friends in Discord voice channels while gaming.

Today, we’re pleased to share that we’re starting to roll out the ability for PS5 players to join Discord voice chat directly from the PS5 console, without relying on the Discord PC or mobile apps to initiate the connection.

How to join Discord voice chat on PS5​

To start, select the Discord tab in Game Base within the PS5 Control Center and choose the Discord server or DM group you’d like to join. Then, select your preferred voice channel. This will reveal more details, such as who is already in the channel chatting. You’ll also receive a PS5 console notification when another Discord user calls you, allowing you to join right away.

53786841065_6e735849a3_k.jpg

This update will make it easier than ever to quickly hop into Discord conversations with other gamers. It will gradually roll out over the coming weeks, starting with players in Japan/Asia, followed by Europe, Australia/New Zealand, and the Middle East, and finally the Americas.

Please note that you will need to update your console to the latest system software, and your accounts for PlayStation Network and Discord must be linked. If you haven’t yet linked accounts, you can learn how to do so here.

Profile Share also begins rolling out next week​

Starting next week, we’re also rolling out the ability for you to share your PlayStation Network profile on any messaging or social app. To begin, select “Share Profile” from PlayStation App or the PS5 console to generate a shareable link or QR code. When the recipient opens the link, they’ll have the option to add you as a friend once they’re signed in to PlayStation Network:

53786544051_9256288ac5_k.jpg

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I'm away from home at the moment. How does the current implementation work?

mitch1971

Gold Member
I'm away from home at the moment. How does the current implementation work?
Last time I used it you had to use the discord app, then click a button to transfer the chat to your ps5, then you join it from the console.

GHound

Gold Member
Would be nice to be able to stream directly to Discord too instead of the weird ass workaround of having remote play open on a PC and streaming that.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PlayStation communication has been incredible since the ps2 (socom), going back to the ps3 (Bluetooth, chat rooms, ps home, messages, video chat), I enjoyed the PS4’s cross party chat and PS5’s communication I will say is the standard in terms of upgrading those previous gen features.

Top Bottom