• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 register website

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
There is also a rumor going around that Sony is upgrading PS5, so maybe that is anither reason for the reveal being postponed

There isn’t proof of was postponed, or what their plans for anything are. For that matter, there can be no proof of an upgrade unless there is proof of what the specs were.

All of that said, it’s likely late in the game for any major upgrades. Just saying.

2635098.jpg
Don't need KontrolFreeks for those analogue sticks. Just add cold water.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The amount of joy I received for signing up for an email notification is surreal. Even though I’m probably already on the mailing list for having an SIE account.

The little joys in life such as these. Too bad all the rumors have been like weeds in a garden. Plucked out one by one. Might as well say my Uncle who works for Nintendo knows when Sony will launch the PS5.

sol_bad

REVEAL IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

photogaz

Personally, it sounds like the console just isn't ready to be revealed as they are behind.

Whether that's the console possible rework, game trailers, game demos or plan that just aren't ready means there is an issue IMO.

The price isn't a sticking issue as it wasn't revealed until later last time.

FYI, the assets for the europe site were created on 19th December and the US site 29th Jan, so it looks like this page has been planned for a while.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If the ps5 has the design of the ps4 with poor air cooling im not buying one at launch you miss the whole reason why people care about seeing what the box looks like. if the system has games that I dont care about im not buying one.

Yet again, you still can't actually GET one until the end of the year. They could have the reveal and pre-orders go up in July rather than February and it would make literally no difference. That's what I'm saying, there's no actual need to know this stuff so early, people are just hungry and impatient.

Yet again, you still can't actually GET one until the end of the year. They could have the reveal and pre-orders go up in July rather than February and it would make literally no difference. That's what I'm saying, there's no actual need to know this stuff so early, people are just hungry and impatient.

"Yet again, you still can't actually GET one until the end of the year. "
missed the whole point so why even have a pre order then just ship it to stores and just hope were the chips falls and hope scalpers dont buy 30-45% of the inventory like they did with ps3 and ps4. PS3s were going for $1k+ on ebay in 2007

"They could have the reveal and pre-orders go up in July rather than February and it would make literally no difference. "
That wire article was pointless then same with the CES appearance they might as well should of just kept there moth shut and not give people false hope. This actually works worst in there favor the longer you make people way the higher the expectations you have to reach for me this system better have 4+ S tier games at launch if they want me to care about breaking my neck to get one.

"That's what I'm saying, there's no actual need to know this stuff so early, people are just hungry and impatient."
Most people like budget for things in advance if this system is like $600 this stuff needs to be shared ahead of time. People are impatient because sony has said or done anything for the past 2 years skipped every e3 and big gaming convention and stop doing psxs to do mediocre state of plays.

The longer it takes the better for Sony.
Sony still has a lot of exclusives coming for PS4, so probably they fear a PS5 reveal will take some steam off PS4 software sales.
Ghost of Tsushima, FFVII R and TLOU2 are on their way very soon.
i predict a full reveal near E3 or even Gamescon, not sooner. Maybe only the controller, like it happened with PS4 in 2013

To be honest that has actually never happened ever... And they announced the PS5 back in April 2019 already.

TimFL

To anyone thinking they‘re „reworking“ the consoles internals this late (bar memory configurations): I have bad news for you.

The most they can do is aim for higher clock speeds than intended with what they have now. You don‘t just rip out an APU and place a new one in this close to release / reveal (and they have to kind of show this thing in the next 2-3 months). The hardware is more or less finalized by now / or at least locked in.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
"Yet again, you still can't actually GET one until the end of the year. "
missed the whole point so why even have a pre order then just ship it to stores and just hope were the chips falls and hope scalpers dont buy 30-45% of the inventory like they did with ps3 and ps4. PS3s were going for $1k+ on ebay in 2007

"They could have the reveal and pre-orders go up in July rather than February and it would make literally no difference. "
That wire article was pointless then same with the CES appearance they might as well should of just kept there moth shut and not give people false hope. This actually works worst in there favor the longer you make people way the higher the expectations you have to reach for me this system better have 4+ S tier games at launch if they want me to care about breaking my neck to get one.

"That's what I'm saying, there's no actual need to know this stuff so early, people are just hungry and impatient."
Most people like budget for things in advance if this system is like $600 this stuff needs to be shared ahead of time. People are impatient because sony has said or done anything for the past 2 years skipped every e3 and big gaming convention and stop doing psxs to do mediocre state of plays.

None of that actually counters anything I said. You can still do pre-orders later in the year. You can save your $600 until then, they already gave you a rough timeframe so you can do exactly that. Your expectations are your own (and if you expect 4+ S tier games you're going to be disappointed), the vast majority of people who will buy a PS5 aren't posting on gaming forums waiting for some Sony event, they'll just get one when they can.

Psykodad

Banned
None of that actually counters anything I said. You can still do pre-orders later in the year. You can save your $600 until then, they already gave you a rough timeframe so you can do exactly that. Your expectations are your own (and if you expect 4+ S tier games you're going to be disappointed), the vast majority of people who will buy a PS5 aren't posting on gaming forums waiting for some Sony event, they'll just get one when they can.
Why are you stating the obvious?

It's all just excitement, no need to take everything so seriously and be a killjoy.

Last edited:

AV

Why are you stating the obvious?

It's all just excitement, no need to take everything so seriously and be a killjoy.

Because apparently this stuff isn't obvious to half the people here, and no, it isn't all excitement, a lot of it is misguided frustration and this board is really boring right now because of it. 16 different Playstation threads full of the exact same posts and people over and over and over again. It's just dull.

When we actually have something tangible to get hyped about, that's when the fun starts. Until then we apparently have weeks of this guff left to come.

Psykodad

Banned
Because apparently this stuff isn't obvious to half the people here, and no, it isn't all excitement, a lot of it is misguided frustration and this board is really boring right now because of it. 16 different Playstation threads full of the exact same posts and people over and over and over again. It's just dull.

When we actually have something tangible to get hyped about, that's when the fun starts. Until then we apparently have weeks of this guff left to come.
I think everybody here knows the next-gen consoles won't release until the end of the year.
People just are already getting excited, I don't see any harm in it.

Psykodad

Banned
You don't sound excited.
Unless I'm getting annoyed due to the excitement.

*mindblown*

Still, I don't actually care outside of neogaf. Money for a PS5 for both my son and me is already waiting to be spent, so I'm good.

I imagine most other people are in the same boat (at least as only caring about it when posting on forums).

Last edited:
This reminds me of last gen when Sony announced the console in Feb and caught MS off guard. IIRC, MS spent the next three months preparing for a reveal and had like one game to show. A CG from Quantum Break.

This time around, the table seem to have turned. MS has revealed a console. showed off a next gen only game and a cross gen game. Meanwhile Sony is MIA cancelling E3 conferences left and right, havent held a psx in three years, they are revealing logos instead of specs or games, and just seem unsure of their whole strategy. I wouldnt be surprised if there is some truth to the 9 tflops rumors because if their console was indeed so much better they wouldve revealed the specs by now in a wired article. Also, another reason why they arent revealing the specs in a wired article is probably because they want the games to lessen the blow of a 9 tflops console. their CFO said today that they are waiting for MS to reveal the specs and price so they can price accordingly. its way too late to do any of that. unless they have made a weak 9 tflops console for $499 and are wondering just how ms got their console to run at 12 tflops. i wouldnt be surprised if cerny got too cute like he did with the pro and put all of his eggs in the ssd basket like he did with the pro thinking checkerboarding hardware would be enough to mitigate the tflops difference.

I dont know. this doesnt feel like a company that was so confident last gen. they were absolutely cut throat with their messaging and had no issues revealing their specs and tflops count. no exec watched that sony conference and came out thinking we shouldnt ever embarrass our competitor like that again next gen. it took them 6 months to clarify if the ps5 indeed had hardware RT. They sat on their asses while github leaks made it up to IGN and other major gaming outlets. they sat their while MS revealed their console and bragged about setting the bar right in front of their lead designer and head of worldwide studios. they laughably showed off a last gen looking game in godfall. it doesnt feel like the same company.

of course, they could release a wired article showing a 13 tflops console with hbm tomorrow and make me look like a fool, but as of today this isnt looking good for sony.

I know what you mean. It does feel like something's off, like they aren't exactly sure what approach to have. My guess is there were internal disagreements about what direction to take with the PS5 and it's showing now with their weird communication. Would also explain why so many execs jumped shipped/fired/departed.

bigol

it's showing now with their weird communication
The big number of executives fired or relocated tells me there definitely was a struggle between two factions. When there is no clear intent on where to bring your next console, usually things turn bad.

Or maybe it's just me being worried for nothing.

KiNeMz

Banned
Personally, it sounds like the console just isn't ready to be revealed as they are behind.

Whether that's the console possible rework, game trailers, game demos or plan that just aren't ready means there is an issue IMO.

The price isn't a sticking issue as it wasn't revealed until later last time.

FYI, the assets for the europe site were created on 19th December and the US site 29th Jan, so it looks like this page has been planned for a while.

Behind what?

Bandi

Banned
Behind what?

Behind Schedule.

I know what you mean. It does feel like something's off, like they aren't exactly sure what approach to have. My guess is there were internal disagreements about what direction to take with the PS5 and it's showing now with their weird communication. Would also explain why so many execs jumped shipped/fired/departed.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Bingo!

Last edited:
I want to see the PS5 as much as the next guy, but I think we should be patient. Like it was stated, it doesn’t matter when it’s revealed or when pre-orders go up. You likely won’t have an issue getting it day 1. I got my Xbox One day 1 from Amazon, so the PS5 should be easily obtainable if you don’t wait forever to get your pre-order in.

Behind Schedule.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Bingo!
The only way the would be behind is that somehow they decided to use 7nm EUV instead of 7nm as that’s a month or so behind schedule .which I doubt they are . And they have had many dev kit revisions with dev kit for past 2 years

flacopol

don´t let sony play with your anxiety , more you have more you "forgive" crap features, "justify" hardware below expectations or price , IMHO

Wack dude bro casual console confirmed then

source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
giphy.gif

I want to see the PS5 as much as the next guy, but I think we should be patient. Like it was stated, it doesn’t matter when it’s revealed or when pre-orders go up. You likely won’t have an issue getting it day 1. I got my Xbox One day 1 from Amazon, so the PS5 should be easily obtainable if you don’t wait forever to get your pre-order in.
Scalpers and opportunist say other wise

Top Bottom