• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN's version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

But does the PSN version have the same credits song as the original?

If yes, avoid it like the plague. It's the worst song of all time (in videogames at least).

I believe the XBLA version doesn't have it, so do yourself a favor and get that version. The silly FMVs aren't worth hearing that song.

graywords

Hopefully the song is still in there, it's a shame they had to remove it from the other recent versions of the game.

Heck, why not replace all of the Yamane music with Cynthia Harrell tracks? Fighting Scylla while listening to Snake Eater sounds like a blast.

Aru

But does the PSN version have the same credits song as the original?

If yes, avoid it like the plague. It's the worst song of all time (in videogames at least).

I believe the XBLA version doesn't have it, so do yourself a favor and get that version. The silly FMVs aren't worth hearing that song.

What song ? I am the wind ?
I like it. It's not very Castlevania-ish, but what's wrong about it outside of that ?
Also, avoiding a version just because you don't like the ending song ? That's the worst reason I've ever read.

This song is better though. Too bad it wasn't used in the game.

The PS1 version is by far the best version of the game, unless the slowdown issues of the PSP port are fixed when the game is played on Vita.

Dang you guys. People like any crap these days... The only good thing about that is that you can skip the credits using soft reset (and the game does save if you do it).

The Cynthia Harrell idea is fine though. This game does need more tracks anyway.

graywords

Dang you guys. People like any crap these days... The only good thing about that is that you can skip the credits using soft reset (and the game does save if you do it).

The Cynthia Harrell idea is fine though. This game does need more tracks anyway.

There's nothing at all wrong with liking some of an artist's songs and hating others, but I just want to make sure you are aware that "I Am the Wind" is a Cynthia Harrell song as well.

There's nothing at all wrong with liking some of an artist's songs and hating others, but I just want to make sure you are aware that "I Am the Wind" is a Cynthia Harrell song as well.

Oops. Well, maybe only have her songs from 2000 up? Good to know she can sing decent songs at least.

Venfayth

I get that people like different things, but I've got to say that of my 1000+ song OST playlist, there's only one song I've ever had to remove because I couldn't stand so listen to it :p

Aru

Now that I think about it: was "I am the wind" a random song from Cynthia Harell taken to be used in the credits or was it a song written for the game ?

While we're on the subject of music, one thing I gotta give props to in the Saturn port were those awesome remixes. I loved jazz mix of Beginning. That song owned my soul.

graywords

Now that I think about it: was "I am the wind" a random song from Cynthia Harell taken to be used in the credits or was it a song written for the game ?

I've never been able to find much of a discography for her, so it's likely it was specifically made for SotN, unless she's just that obscure.

As scary as it sounds, the lyrics sound to me somewhat like what Alucard's inner thoughts might be at the end of the game. "All things must end, goodbye my friend." "Is the enemy within or a thousand men?" And, of course, "I always win." :)

One of my favorite games ever. Replayed it on PSP and loved every minute.

I don't know how it compares to the re-release.

Go for it. Either way you don't have to worry about frameskips or dropping audio or anything.

XaosWolf

The EU finally got SOTN on PSN, and quick question: Is anyone else seeing some wierd glitched graphics in certain sections? Most notably on the elevator outside the library. Playing on a Vita, by the way.

I actually got hold of a US copy of the PSP game a while back but that's a no-go on the Vita. =/

lupinko

psp version "fixes" the awesome voice acting, no thanks

DARK METAMORPHOSIS

DIE, MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!

I may have hated this as a kid, but in later years the original dub has its charm, just like Barry wondering what is Chris' blood.

Venfayth

This reminds me of when I was visiting family and was talking to my younger brother (probably about 10 or 11 at the time) about this game. We were talking about the corny quotes and he recites the "For what profit is it to a man, if he gains the world, and loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26, I believe." like just spot on.

My mom overheard that part, and was so proud of him for remembering that bible verse. I didn't have the heart to tell her why he knew it :lol

Aru

I've never been able to find much of a discography for her, so it's likely it was specifically made for SotN, unless she's just that obscure.

As scary as it sounds, the lyrics sound to me somewhat like what Alucard's inner thoughts might be at the end of the game. "All things must end, goodbye my friend." "Is the enemy within or a thousand men?" And, of course, "I always win." :)

Yeah, I thought the lyrics matched the game too.

Top Bottom