• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Official line starts at 7am.
Doors open at 8am
Conference at 10am

when I went to pick up my badge today, someone at the info desk told me the conference room seats about 5,000.
She also told me that so far there were about 6 or 7 thousand tickets sold for the conference.

Yikes - I get into Oakland at 8:20 and have to rely on BART. I'm hoping to catch part of the keynote.

Triz

Have I got this right, people pay $70 to walk around and play demos?

Thats part of it. A very small part. The Schwag, the community of people who love what you do, meeting the people who make the things you love so much. Its not just playing demos.

Gusto

Kinda but I see it more like $70 to meet devs, play demos, hang out with some Gaffers and gain some XP. I just love it though. Also gives an excuse to party in another state.

Some people pay $70 to walk around dressed like my little pony with other people dressed like my little pony. Am i missing the part where paying money to entertain your hobbies is fundamentally stupid?

Auskeek

Debating whether or not to go.

From Australia, currently staying in San Fransisco. The options are to go around having dinner with family, or checking out PSX...

Someone said that it doesn't open till 12?

I poked my head into the show room and they still have a loooong ways to go in setting up.

Show floor doesn't open until after the keynote is over. So around 12pm.

The floor opens after the keynote ends.

Oh Okay, thank you. That's good to know. We better leave earlier then so we make it to the keynote. Coming out from the Valley. I better check the BART times. Don't really want to worry about parking

Toki767

Debating whether or not to go.

From Australia, currently staying in San Fransisco. The options are to go around having dinner with family, or checking out PSX...

Have you been to a video game convention before?

I'm mostly going because this seems like a once in a lifetime thing for me.

I wonder how the PS VR demos will be. I reserved time to try it out. I missed out on the rigs demo, but got the other. Do we get to pick which game we try?

Oh Okay, thank you. That's good to know. We better leave earlier then so we make it to the keynote. Coming out from the Valley. I better check the BART times. Don't really want to worry about parking

I'm coming from Turlock. Leaving around 5ish, to get on Bart around 6ish.

Toki767

Unless you're dying sometime soon, gaming conventions aren't very hard to come by man :/

This is like the first public gaming convention in San Francisco. I'm not traveling just to go to one.

I guess there was Twitchcon but this was announced first.

v1lla21

Why isn't there any info on the press conference in the OP? It's in what everyone here is interested.
The thread was created way before the official press conference was announced. This thread is just mostly for those attending to gather up and post info on what to do and see.

ccgear

Banned
Did everybody get an XL shirt in the swag bag? We're normally a M or XS . . . is it even possible to trade? lol

Did everybody get an XL shirt in the swag bag? We're normally a M or XS . . . is it even possible to trade? lol

I guess? I know I did even though I wear an L size. I figured I would just wash it once and it'd shrink enough. However because it's too large currently I'm not going to wear it to the event tomorrow.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Goodies are pretty nice. Beats anything that PAX ever hands out.

Edit: I assume everyone went to bed. Ugh still coming back from SF just to leave again in a few hours... should've got a hotel.

Other GAF staying with me is chiding me for having to wake up at 6am to make bacon.

Bacon may not actually happen.

Lots of shit happened today.

May God forgive me, GAF.

Everyone did.

Sam Bishop

Neo Member
Have fun tomorrow, everyone. I'm literally stuck in the office making updates to the site, so I won't get to share in the festivities, but I'm there with you in spirit.

(Maybe) See you all on Sunday!

Ephemeris

Today was interesting to say the least! Picked up badge around 1pm-ish stopped to mingle ; couple hours later I was at the Playstation campus in San Mateo getting a mini tour Lol

M52B28

Banned
3am - 25 people in line or so. I cannot believe I'm here at this time.

Running of caffeinated tea and hype.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
3am - 25 people in line or so. I cannot believe I'm here at this time.

Running of caffeinated tea and hype.

Seriously? Just woke up to check and did not think that many people were there already! Might get ready now then, especially if we go pick up drive thru etc going over.

Where is the line, outside still? Recommended to bring something to sit on, knowing the streetsides of SF and how they can be?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, time to pick everyone up and head out. Imma be exhausted with sleep hitting me in several hours, but hopefully adrenaline and caffine will help. I always feel like a sleep-deprived zombie at shows like PAX etc. Walking around disoriented...

Top Bottom