• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

Simo

Cannot say much as it wasn't in-game I guess, but I can't wait to dive into this world. I loved to read about these times as a kid, haven't played RDR1. It will be great.

Lol it was all in game lol. Captures on PS4 too. You're just seeing the efforts of 8 Rockstar studios.

It looks really good but not impossible on PS4. GTAV's forests and plains areas looked amazing and this looks like a logical step beyond that cross-generational game.

I really hope we have more of a focus on the forests and mountain region rather than the desert this time around.

Best wishes.

Tevious

Not sure if this was discussed yet since GAF was down when I tried to comment about this earlier.

There are power lines in the distance with the train scene and the town with the stage coach that goes by even has a street light that has a light bulb and not an oil lamp. The time period is most likely going to be further into the future than Red Dead Redemption, but could also be about the same time too. This won't be a prequel about Marston's time in Dutches gang.

Thinking it might have to do with Dutch's Gang. "Listen to me, when the time comes you gotta run and not look back."

Could be Dutch telling John to leave.

Jb

It looks so awesome.

I love that they focused so much on the nature. It tells me they got what was so special about the first game.

bud23

atmosphere looks insane

BTkGKm6.jpg

Loxley

The team at Rockstar San Diego must be fucking ecstatic that the trailer is finally out. Sitting on a project like this for six years and not being able to tell anyone has to be frustrating as hell.

Buntabox

Not sure if this was discussed yet since GAF was down when I tried to comment about this earlier.

There are power lines in the distance with the train scene and the town with the stage coach that goes by even has a street light that has a light bulb and not an oil lamp. The time period is most likely going to be further into the future than Red Dead Redemption, but could also be about the same time too. This won't be a prequel about Marston's time in Dutches gang.

This stuff existed prior to 1900. And there would have telegraph lines running with the railroad by the mid 1800s.

Daft_Cat

Definitely getting a Deadwood/McCabe and Mrs. Miller vibe from the world. Less Dollars Trilogy, and more like Red Dead by way of Skyrim.

Can't wait.

Javin98

Banned
Actually, watching the trailer again, I can see the environments and lighting looking that good, but one thing that caught my eye was the draw distance. Foliage renders at an impressive distance, far further than typical open world games on the consoles. I'm not going to claim BS trailer yet, but it's something to keep in mind.

DOWN

Banned
How we all forget Rockstar passing off in engine high-end PC footage as PS360 footage and then again as PS4One footage so soon.
In engine and CGI aren't the same thing

High end PC footage is still in engine and is not CGI

Also in the age of Frostbite trailers looking boss and the actual games looking just as good (Battlefront 4K delivered), we can be a little more open minded about pretty in engine trailers

But at least understand that CGI is not when a dev uses high graphical settings for a trailer made in their game engine using game assets

I think many of you think that the footage not being raw gameplay means CGI and that's incorrect

Business

so it´s that a woman? on the right

NqxwyqJ.jpg

Probably not worth it but I'm gonna spoiler tag this anyway.

Could be John's wife

Marston: I've been my master since you left me to die.

Dutch: We all make mistakes, John. I never claimed to be a saint. But equally, I never took you for an errand boy.

Marston: Just trying to help my family, Dutch, by making compromises we all have to. Now let her go, it's over.

Dutch: You want the girl, John? You always were the romantic sort. You know, gentlemen, this man here, he married a whore. Used to ride with us. We all had her, but he married her, and you know that makes him a better man than us. He's a better man. Have the girl, John.

Actually, watching the trailer again, I can see the environments and lighting looking that good, but one thing that caught my eye was the draw distance. Foliage renders at an impressive distance, far further than typical open world games on the consoles. I'm not going to claim BS trailer yet, but it's something to keep in mind.
I noticed this too. Absolutely no way foliage will be rendered like that at release.

Looking good, as expected. The stars and sky were amazing in that campfire shot. This will look great on the new 4K tv and PS4Pro I expect to have by then...

SomTervo

Definitely getting a Deadwood/McCabe and Mrs. Miller vibe from the world. Less Dollars Trilogy, and more like Red Dead by way of Skyrim.

Can't wait.

Don't quite get the Skyrim part, but other wise yes, for sure. This is going for a far more serious tone.

Probably not worth it but I'm gonna spoiler tag this anyway.

Could be John's wife

Already well noted, chief

Abigail rode with them

Robbok

Looks great so far. I loved read dead redemption, can't wait to ride through the Wild West again.
Hope we get more info soon. Damn, it's a long time until fall 2017 :(

Tagyhag

That looks absolutely beautiful, but I'd wait until the actual game comes out before believing it looks like that.

Considering GTA V of course.

This reminded me a lot of the first GTA IV trailer. Showcased how the game would look as the first entry into the current gen. I hoped for more, but it'll come soon enough.

Looks really good. The vegetation density and distance is insane.

Also, looks like a woman on the right, a black guy second from the left and a native American left of middle.

Please don't turn this into a 7 player co-op game. I wanna play alone.

I think they understand the line between sp and mp. Both need to have distance from each other, and R* shouldn't screw that up because of fear of losing money, as well as artistic integrity that comes from a good sp experience. I think they still take pride in sp. Hopefully at least.

eFKac

The team at Rockstar San Diego must be fucking ecstatic that the trailer is finally out. Sitting on a project like this for six years and not being able to tell anyone has to be frustrating as hell.

Do we even know which studios are working on this?

There are a couple of Rockstar studios that we heard nothing from in years.

Top Bottom