• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit [verified] User shares NX info: x86 Architecture, Second screen support etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

It's all not a good sign really is it? If they had great third party support lining up for NX there'd be no need for so many ports.
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection, God of War III Remastered, The Last of Us Remastered, Gravity Daze, Tear Away, Beyond Two Souls Remastered...

Nintendo following the trend of filling out the library.

It's all not a good sign really is it? If they had great third party support lining up for NX there'd be no need for so many ports.

Both Sony and Microsoft have piles of third party support as well as ports and remakes.

I mean, it's all moot because I don't see any feasible way that Nintendo has secured great third party support, but the ports aren't a smoking gun.

Wild conjecture. Giving new NX customers a chance to try out the most popular games from the underperforming Wii U is a logical, no-risk choice from Nintendo.

Well not too wild. Iwata spoke of a 'Nintendo-like solution' to deal with potential lack of third parties at launch.

Jackano

EDIT: Nevermind. Reading the account, it reads exactly like her old one did. Either it's her or it's an elaborate fake where someone has copied her syntax.

Even if I currently enjoy discussing with *her*, I still have myself a little doubt that this account is legit. Maybe because she almost quit and now she comes back more light-hearted or something, but she sounds a bit different to me. And way more often than before, I found myself disagreeing with her.
It doesn't prove anything of course, but just to mention how different it feels to me right now.

On Smash: While Smash 4 NX will remain the main entry, I believe Nintendo may finally do Melee HD a while after that.
Doing such a remake will allow another team/HAL to come back, and another director than Sakurai to get his hands on Smash, before eventually taking over Smash 6.
You know it can't be just Melee HD, they will have to add features to have usp compared to Smash 4, starting with expanding amiibo functionalities for example.

What!?

Now we're talking about a fake 3D printed E. Rogers Twitter account?

Those thteads, the joke.

Be ready for the fake reveal by a CGI reggie. And then the fake launch, and then you open the box only to find a 3D printed piece of plastic and a note saying "ha! Got you!"

Peterc

On reddit again:

Some details on the next console
You know I'm legit because of my username. I have some details for you regarding the NX. It was create a new experience that will incentivize players to buy the NX console. Also from what I can share, new Mario and Zelda games are already underway. I can also confirm that the new controller will be wireless using Boardcom BlueTooth technology.

あなたは、私がために自分のユーザー名の合法だ知っています。私はNXについてのあなたのためにいくつかの詳細を持っています。これは、 NXのコンソールを購入する選手を奨励する新しい経験を作成しました。また、私は共有することができるものから、新しいマリオとゼルダのゲームはすでに進行中です。私はまた、新しいコントローラがBoardcom Bluetooth技術を使用して無線であろうことを確認することができます。

https://m.reddit.com/r/Nintendo_NX/comments/4e4a08/some_details_on_the_next_console/

List from what leakers are fake
https://m.reddit.com/r/Nintendo_NX/comments/4e4ciw/active_list_of_leaker/

Nonsense. Just remember how many ports the other two consoles got in the last 2 years and the people want still more. I wouldn't worry. If the cobsole is developer friendly, the ports will come and if the console will sell well then you will even see more ports.

Some subreddits on reddit are tightly moderated.

r/Nintendo_NX is certainly not one of them.

Yes it's noticable how people keep linking to Nintendo_NX now that the NintendoNX mods quit the verification idea and got strict on 'leak' posts. This thread is mostly just here to support the circus of shit to keep flowing round.

I think it could be great for a portable-tablet-thing. Not convinced there is a need for a new Nintendo console right now, they could still sell a cheap chromecast like TV dongle for it that streams 4k netflix etc.

My point being, if those games didn't get people to buy a Wii U, why would ports of those same games get them to buy an NX? Handheld isn't really a crux when that market is collapsing in on itself.

I just don't see the point.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Okay. At this point what do we know and what is confirmed fake?

Peru

My point being, if those games didn't get people to buy a Wii U, why would ports of those same games get them to buy an NX? Handheld isn't really a crux when that market is collapsing in on itself.

I know several people banking on them re-releasing those games on NX, because they didn't get a Wii U. They waited and waited and then the NX is announced.

THing is, those games did sell well, and extremely well for that install base. Of course they want to offer their hot tickets to new customers.

It's not what's going to get people to buy the NX though. Everyone assumed Wii U ports were coming, nothing's new. We know nothing at all about original NX games, why even make that assumption just because it's confirmed it's getting some Wii U hits ported?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Okay. At this point what do we know and what is confirmed fake?
What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171059

Furthermore, I am fully inclined to believe LCGeek's post about NX's power in relation to other systems. Not necessarily those intervals however.

Most other things posted on reddit appear to be cock and bull. Though the x86 info seems relatively accurate, with certain modifications perhaps.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
We know nothing.

Rösti;200612776 said:
What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171059

Furthermore, I am fully inclined to believe LCGeek's post about NX's power in relation to other systems. Not necessarily those intervals however.

Most other things posted on reddit appear to be cock and bull. Though the x86 info seems relatively accurate, with certain modifications perhaps.

Thanks. I hope what we know about x86 turns out to be true.

Hard to believe that fake rumours over time became even lazier than shaky cam shots of word documents. No wonder people fell for some 3D print like it came from Reggie himself, since even any asinine reddit post can gain attention now. ,,NEX" lol gtfo.

Hard to believe that fake rumours over time became even lazier than shaky cam shots of word documents. No wonder people fell for some 3D print like it came from Reggie himself, since even any asinine reddit post can gain attention now. ,,NEX" lol gtfo.
How is making a 3D printed model lazier than a shakycam shot of a fake document?

I see the situation hasnt improved much lol

The wait is almost over guys

Nintendo might actually surprise us with all the noise and fakes being thrown around

How is making a 3D printed model lazier than a shakycam shot of a fake document?

The 3D print was an exception. Hence, the point was, it's not surprising people ate that up, because all these other fake rumours have zero effort put into them. Less than even printing a word document and making a photo. Dumb reddit posts with no proper thought put into them, even using many decade old ,,fake rumour cliches". Yet they still spread like wildfire. I.e., I can't comprehend how people not only keep being gullible each year around E3, but also how it got worse recently (so anyone who puts more than 20 minutes of work into a fake will get 200 pages on GAF, like the 3D print guy, despite the fake looking inherently nonsensical).

The 3D print was an exception. Hence, the point was, it's not surprising people ate that up, because all these other fake rumours have zero effort put into them. Less than even printing a word document and making a photo. Dumb reddit posts with no proper thought put into them, even using many decade old ,,fake rumour cliches". Yet they still spread like wildfire. I.e., I can't comprehend how people not only keep being gullible each year around E3, but also how it got worse recently (so anyone who puts more than 20 minutes of work into a fake will get 200 pages on GAF, like the 3D print guy, despite the fake looking inherently nonsensical).
Ah, okay. Yeah.. We're just so excited for a powerful Nintendo console i think.

Neoxon

Even if I currently enjoy discussing with *her*, I still have myself a little doubt that this account is legit. Maybe because she almost quit and now she comes back more light-hearted or something, but she sounds a bit different to me. And way more often than before, I found myself disagreeing with her.
It doesn't prove anything of course, but just to mention how different it feels to me right now.

On Smash: While Smash 4 NX will remain the main entry, I believe Nintendo may finally do Melee HD a while after that.
Doing such a remake will allow another team/HAL to come back, and another director than Sakurai to get his hands on Smash, before eventually taking over Smash 6.
You know it can't be just Melee HD, they will have to add features to have usp compared to Smash 4, starting with expanding amiibo functionalities for example.
I'm not too sure about if they'll do Melee HD. But at the very least, they cannot touch the gameplay in any way unless they want the FGC to disown it.

Banned
It would be cool to do a Melee HD or do like a Melee physics mode for smash 4 but that would likely be a massive undertaking.

AntMurda

I'm not too sure about if they'll do Melee HD. But at the very least, they cannot touch the gameplay in any way unless they want the FGC to disown it.

Meee HD is a real pipe dream. Nintendo will release Melee on Virtual Console some day. That's about it.

Instro

I don't really see the problem, it's industry standard now to do remasters, and if there is a shared library then people who were 3DS only will get a chance to play some of those WiiU games. Also good for anyone who wants to buy an NX that did not own a WiiU. It may not be a big attraction, but it's an easy way to make extra money.

MK_768

I don't really see the problem, it's industry standard now to do remasters, and if there is a shared library then people who were 3DS only will get a chance to play some of those WiiU games. Also good for anyone who wants to buy an NX that did not own a WiiU. It may not be a big attraction, but it's an easy way to make extra money.

This is a crucial part of the equation for Nintendo. It's completely different to what happened on the PS4 and XB1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom