• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Xbox Signs Agreement With Panache, Assassin's Creed's Creator's Studio, For New Project

Draugoth

Gold Member
macaco+ambicioso+sobe+na+arvore+e+JA+PENSA+QUE+UM+DIA+VAI+CHEGAR+NA+LUA.jpg

Similar to Xbox joining hands with Hundred Star, a studio formed by ex-Rocksteady heads, eXputer has now seen graphical evidence that the company has also secured the distribution of a new project from the Montreal-based Panache Digital Games. For those not in the know, Panache was formed in 2014 by the original creator of the Assassin's Creed franchise, Patrice Désilets.

Precise details of the game are scant, but I can say that it's being built in Unreal Engine 5. In addition, there is a possibility that said game is 1666: Amsterdam, Patrice's long-time passion project, but I cannot confirm that at this point. During this year's Reboot Develop, Panache did come forward with a pitch, going over what the studio is working on, likely expecting to find a publisher for the new game.

Source

Last edited:

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
Probably pitching different ideas for the story as we speak. Needs to conform to the expectations of modern audiences.

"Why not make the main character gay?"
"1666 Amsterdam sure had rainbow colored things somewhere in the scenery!"
"If the main antagonist isn't male it won't work"
good stuff

Last edited:

Kurotri

I will always respect Patrice, he was a visionary to me with PoP Sands of Time and of course Assassin's Creed. What Ubisoft did to him was fucking ghastly. It's a shame that he can only seemingly make 1 game per decade now and all we have so far is a janky game about apes together stronk. Really not my thing at all. It's all but confirmed basically that 1666 is his next project but I hope it's actually good because even AA games have a certain bar to reach now imo.

feynoob

Gold Member
This, I love it. Dont fking buy studios. Do strategy partnership and grow your library.

For once, they are acting like a gaming studio.

feynoob

Gold Member
Probably pitching different ideas for the story as we speak. Needs to conform to the expectations of modern audiences.

"Why not make the main character gay?"
"1666 Amsterdam sure had rainbow colored things somewhere in the scenery!"
"If the main antagonist isn't male it won't work"
good stuff
Gay Master chief in heat with Doom guy, and in triangle love with dovahkiin.

Sign me up dude. It would be the best erotic game we have ever seen.

Audiophile

I was literally searching what Panache were doing and if 1666 was happening just 3-4hrs ago, crazy coincidence..

ACII is my fave game, so 1666 has me really intrigued.

I wonder if this might be something to do with Private Division supposedly getting butchered by Take Two as I believe they were/are in partnership with them.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Assassins Creed was like a tech demo to me. All it really had going for it (for me) was graphics and smooth but kinda boring traversal.

midnightAI

Is it coming to other platforms besides XBox and PC or has he decided to do slimy platform things? (Sorry, couldnt help it)

ungalo

I didn't like Ancestors but i still think it's an interesting choice for Xbox publishing.

I don't really understand why Xbox are getting more ambitious now that they basically lost, especially with games that don't seem to be made for a big audience

Top Bottom