• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Hugstable

Banned
I believe it was 5 or 10 completion medals to unlock his slot. That means you have to get all the medals for the mission on a single run. Just dont heal, and actually kill all the enemies on the counter and you should breeze through it.

Those medals for being at or below the current level are annpyimg, my current character keeps overleveling and it screws me over :(

Reedirect

Since I expected this to be downright terrible, I was very pleasantly surprised with the first episode. Co-op is fantastic and it's even surprisingly atmospheric so far. The only real downside are the visuals.

Seyavesh

I believe it was 5 or 10 completion medals to unlock his slot. That means you have to get all the medals for the mission on a single run. Just dont heal, and actually kill all the enemies on the counter and you should breeze through it.

i don't think this is right. i was able to play him immediately- 10 completion medals unlocks REV1 jill, not hunk.
speaking of which, holy moly hunk's passive skill set is so wack but it doesn't even matter because his OTG melee is fucking bonkers

8cM5bU9.gif

too bad disabling the UI doesn't seem to be a menu option

Lucent

Friends, how is the Vita performance? I would really love to hear some player impressions because that's the one I would probably want to buy.

It sucks on Vita. =( I tried it today and R2/L2 is mapped to the front touch screen. It's pretty much impossible to enjoy it. That and the Vita sticks are way too sensetive to movement. Nowhere near the accuracy a Dualshock 4 provides me.

Edit: Remote Play

Game crashing when starting a mission and the game being stuck in an infinite loop uploading on the result screen. Seems to be quite common judging by the Steam forums.

EDIT: Yep. Just tried it again. Game crashing as soon as I start the mission.

Same thing happens to me. Somehow I managed to play two daily missions, but after I tried another one it crashed again.

Seyavesh

Im wondering if this started somewhat as a handheld and they quickly changed their minds but kept everything at that level graphically.

i'm pretty sure this was designed ground up for the vita (to a degree anyhow) based on what i've played- the way the UI looks with the massive blocks for info, the bizarre popups that cover the entire screen, the lack of enemy goring (at the very minimum decapitations for headshots) suggest dealing with stuff on a small screen and lower technical limitations.

stuff like the files being done in a page-to-page scroll with powerpoint-ish looking text formatting sets off big alarms regarding that

the texture work in general for the environment is pretty weak while the models are much better detailed- this was a symptom in RE6 too when they were dealing with technical hurdles

Manu

I just realized that by making the referencing the "Jill sandwich" joke they're actually making the dialogue from the original game canon over REmake's.

Jawmuncher

I just realized that by making the referencing the "Jill sandwich" joke they're actually making the dialogue from the original game canon over REmake's.

REMake had that line, too, didn't it?

No Barry just says"you would have fit nicely into a sandwich" or something like that.
BUT it could have been a case of afterwards when Barry told the group the joke he made the pun. Thus the fight for which version is canon lives again.

Lucent

I really dislike Jill's model in this game. I wish they left her alone after the REmake/RE5 update. She looked great in those games. Now she looks like she got stomped on her face. =[

I know that it's mostly because Capcom are cheap and didnt want to pay the actress they based her on or whatever happened but still dumb.

News Bot

Banned

The English scripts in this series aren't canon in general. They're completely full of shit most of the time. Dunno if it mentions this line in the Japanese version, but a similar case happened in Umbrella Chronicles:

Original Japanese said:
She is dexterous and not only skilled in lock-picking and explosive ordinance disposal, but also excels in situation analysis.

English Localization said:
She is very dexterous and is an expert at picking locks, earning her the somewhat awkward title of "Master of Unlocking." She is not only highly skilled in bomb disposal, but is excellent at breaking down any situation and determining the best course of action.

The English staff really just can't let it go, and the Japanese staff give zero fucks.

dyergram

Guys I have a pc (amd 8core can't remeber which one exactly r9290 4gig and 8gig ram) or ps4 what system should I pick this up on?

Kssio_Aug

I'm hearing a bunch of complains from people saying they bought a DLC weapon and it didnt show up in the Raid armory. Is this problem also happening with the XB1?

Anyone here bought Samurai Edge? Is it a good idea to buy one?

Seyavesh

The English scripts in this series aren't canon in general. They're completely full of shit most of the time. Dunno if it mentions this line in the Japanese version, but a similar case happened in Umbrella Chronicles:

The English staff really just can't let it go, and the Japanese staff give zero fucks.

do you know what the reference dialogues for ep1 are in japanese? i'd imagine the same jokes don't carry over to a game that never had 'em and would probably be replaced with something more straightforward

News Bot

Banned
do you know what the reference lines in rev2 are in japanese? i'd imagine the same jokes don't carry over to a game that never had 'em and would probably be replaced with something more straightforward

Don't know yet but just asked cvxfreak, will see what he says.

I'm hearing a bunch of complains from people saying they bought a DLC weapon and it didnt show up in the Raid armory. Is this problem also happening with the XB1?

Anyone here bought Samurai Edge? Is it a good idea to buy one?

I bought the Samurai Edge but couldn't find it in game.
Isn't it supposed to include STARS parts as well?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I bought the Samurai Edge but couldn't find it in game.
Isn't it supposed to include STARS parts as well?

Make sure you guys are downloading the compatibility pack. It's why some aren't seeing hunk and weapons and whatnot.

Fury451

Banned
I absolutely love this game. The campaign is the right amount of fun, freaky, and funny surprisingly. Barry is great, and I love how he doesn't use language, while his daughter sounds like truck driver.

They really peppered and some funny moments for both campaigns, and it's probably the strongest any characters in resident evil game have been in quite some time. Definitely looking forward to where the story goes as well. Despite the whole technical debacle on PS4, this has been a great value for the price so far.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I REALLY want to play this, but I have to lock the FPS to 30 for this to work without stuttering like a fucking mess. Seriously, Capcom, what is this bullshit? Does anyone know if they mentioned a patch?

Astral Dog

Im wondering if this started somewhat as a handheld and they quickly changed their minds but kept everything at that level graphically.
i'm pretty sure this was designed ground up for the vita (to a degree anyhow) based on what i've played- the way the UI looks with the massive blocks for info, the bizarre popups that cover the entire screen, the lack of enemy goring (at the very minimum decapitations for headshots) suggest dealing with stuff on a small screen and lower technical limitations.

stuff like the files being done in a page-to-page scroll with powerpoint-ish looking text formatting sets off big alarms regarding that

the texture work in general for the environment is pretty weak while the models are much better detailed- this was a symptom in RE6 too when they were dealing with technical hurdles

Im not sure about that, the Vita port is handled by Sony, certainly doesn't seem to be top priority, one has to look at the scope of this game compared to Revelations, and i say it was designed for download and lower budget since early stages but still using PS3/360 as a base.

jackdoe

This game really feels like a handheld title. The way the characters move, the way aiming and shooting feel, and the level design all remind me of the original Revelations. It feels floaty, like there's no weight to anything. Couple that with a barebones environment detail and black screen area transitions every couple of rooms (which shouldn't even be there for a game designed for home consoles and PC).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So the texture files are easy enough to go through, but I have no idea what format Capcom is using for the audio this time around. I wanted to do some simple silly audio mods for my own amusement, but can't figure out what encryption they're using. Alas.

However, know besides the big spoiler mentioned a while back, there's a number of other big spoilers in the files. I think others may dig them up as well, but for me I am not going to say anything else, I was thinking even bringing up the big spoiler may be a bad idea. XD;

Since the game's voiced lines and ost are stored in a way, modding some fun stuff in would be a piece of cake, IF the audio encryption could be figured out...

statham

How do I pick a different costume in Raid? Downloaded Cowgirl Claire, but I can't find her.

when you select a character, a option should come up with change costume. If you didn't buy/download it won't appear,if you did maybe try rebooting if thats the case

Jawmuncher

So the texture files are easy enough to go through, but I have no idea what format Capcom is using for the audio this time around. I wanted to do some simple silly audio mods for my own amusement, but can't figure out what encryption they're using. Alas.

However, know besides the big spoiler mentioned a while back, there's a number of other big spoilers in the files. I think others may dig them up as well, but for me I am not going to say anything else, I was thinking even bringing up the big spoiler may be a bad idea. XD;

Since the game's voiced lines and ost are stored in a way, modding some fun stuff in would be a piece of cake, IF the audio encryption could be figured out...

Nothing will be a bigger spoiler than when we find out who's jakes mom is. Alas i am now doubting revelations 2 even has that info.

Grisby

They need to fix this raid freezing. I'm gonna go offline like others have suggested but damn, shouldn't have to do that.

Dusk Golem

Nothing will be a bigger spoiler than when we find out who's jakes mom is. Alas i am now doubting revelations 2 even has that info.

I don't think that will pop up until another game with Jake in it, if ever, alas.

But trust me, don't go digging through the files if you don't want big spoilers, there's some stuff in pretty plain sight if you just look through them. However, some of the stuff is stuff I really want to talk about, but I think should wait until the episodes are out and we can all talk about them from experiencing them with context in the game, and for surprises in the actual game.

I will say three things though, it seems they're taking the Revelations title seriously this time. I think this might be the most interconnected Resident Evil game ever. It's very connected with the rest of the series, and if I'm reading all of this correctly, may even have ties outside of its own series.

Kssio_Aug

I'm at level 7, and finished the 1st mission package. However, I'm starting to stuck with low level weapons... I repeated one of the missions a couple of times to see if I would get better weapons, but I only got two shotguns... and I dont care for shotguns right now (I prefer to have a pistol, a rifle and a magnum).

Any hint to grind better weapons?

Dusk Golem

I'm at level 7, and finished the 1st mission package. However, I'm starting to stuck with low level weapons... I repeated one of the missions a couple of times to see if I would get better weapons, but I only got two shotguns... and I dont care for shotguns right now (I prefer to have a pistol, a rifle and a magnum).

Any hint to grind better weapons?

I don't think really tips as the chests drop random loot, except that the harder level you play on, the better loot chance you get, so playing level with a higher recommended level will net you better gain.

Top Bottom