• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Beth Cyra

No offense if you are a fan of Revelations, but Capcom's decline after the PS2 era is no bullshit

No bullshit? For a lot of people Capcom peaked with stuff like Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC4, and Re5.

PS2 being their best is very much a personal opinion and just as much "bullshit" as any other personal opinion.

No bullshit? For a lot of people Capcom peaked with stuff like Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC4, and Re5.

PS2 being their best is very much a personal opinion and just as much "bullshit" as any other personal opinion.

They had their share of stinkers on PS2 so yeah. I'd say Capcom has been up and down in many ways at various times.

DNAbro

Why not wait for all the episodes to be released before playing and at least finish Resident Evil 4 in the mean time?

Would be better to start playing a series on a high note :)

Well this requires buying RE4.

Also I want to play something modern looking on my PS4.
I don't care if it's only $25...... RE1 HD Remaster was only $20 and it's leaps and bounds better than this.

I love Capcom and RE (old RE) but I kinda hope this game get terrible sales so Capcom gets a reality check and pulls their shit together and start working on RE2 Remake.

Yes. Really bad. I would go with the RE1 HD Remaster if I were you
Why do you sound so sure this will be bad?

Great OT cant believe I've been bitching about getting Claire back for all these years and I'm on the fence about this game though lol. I'll probably grab the entire set when it drops though.

BadWolf

I get that, but RER2 isn't exactly a powerhouse when it comes to visuals. Not that's it bad either. Just expect it as it is, a cross gen game.

Yup, a cross-gen budget title.

That doesn't make it a bad game but expectations should be set for production values.

YRuafraid

Banned

I meant post-PS2 was their decline, imo... I personally think the PS1 era was their peak (RE1-3, Dino Crisis 1-2, MMX4, SFA3, MvC, XvSF, 3rd Strike)...so much quality. I miss good ole Onimusha from PS2 as well.

Given Capcom's current trend and how bland and low budget the visuals/design look, I have a hunch how this will turn out. I could be wrong (but I doubt it)

Shauni

There's a segment of the RE fanbase who just hates anything in the newer style and talk every chance to shit on games that feature it as much as possible even to games that aren't actual out or they haven't actually played. Some have gotten to do it more subtle, but then you've gotten Blunty McGee over there who just wants to spew it as much as he can. More will come as the thread goes on, I'm sure.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What is the pricing of the Complete Season?

Do you save any money or is it $25 with the bonus episode incentives?

Beth Cyra

I meant post-PS2 was their decline, imo... I personally think the PS1 era was their peak (RE1-3, Dino Crisis 1-2, MMX4, SFA3, MvC, XvSF, 3rd Strike)...so much quality. I miss good ole Onimusha from PS2 as well.

That is cool, personally I find games like Re4, Lost Planet, Dead Rising and Okami to be meh to good games and yet I love stuff like Resident Evil 1,5, Rev, and 2 as well as stuff liking DMC 4 far, far more then 3.

That said those are personal opinions and I wouldn't try saying that they've declined and that its no bullshit. A lot of people LOVE RE5, REV and some really do love RE6 so until the game is out and we can start really judging it for itself, coming in and wishing the game to fail and the series to have a very negative reaction from Customers isn't going to be met with kindness or understanding.

Shauni

What is the pricing of the Complete Season?

Do you save any money or is it $25 with the bonus episode incentives?

It's $25, and you get the bonus episodes. You'll save whatever the bonus episodes will cost, though I don't know if we have details on what that is yet.

Manu

It's funny how some people haven't liked RE games for almost 10 years but they still go into every thread to tell you how much they suck.

At some point you gotta let it go.

BadWolf

And the point of stinking up another thread with Capcom hate is what exactly?

This is an OT for a new game.

DNAbro

There's a segment of the RE fanbase who just hates anything in the newer style and talk every chance to shit on games that feature it as much as possible even to games that aren't actual out or they haven't actually played. Some have gotten to do it more subtle, but then you've gotten Blunty McGee over there who just wants to spew it as much as he can. More will come as the thread goes on, I'm sure.

Thought so. I was wondering if it was out in Japan or something.

Excited to try it. Expectations are in check though. Just hoping for a short, fun, and hopefully scary ride.

ezekial45

Banned
FYI, there are four episodes in the main campaign (5.99 each) . There are also two bonus episodes, but we don't know how that comes in yet.

YRuafraid

Banned
That said those are personal opinions and I wouldn't try saying that they've declined and that its no bullshit. A lot of people LOVE RE5, REV and some really do love RE6 so until the game is out and we can start really judging it for itself, coming in and wishing the game to fail and the series to have a very negative reaction from Customers isn't going to be met with kindness or understanding.

And the point of stinking up another thread with Capcom hate is what exactly?

This is an OT for a new game.

You're right, I shouldn't have been anti-REV2 in the OT now that I think about it... I thought most people here would be old-school RE fans who share my sentiment, but I can see I was wrong.

Sorry to all the new-generation RE fans who are looking forward to this

You're right, I shouldn't have been anti-REV2 in the OT now that I think about it... I thought most people here would be old-school RE fans who share my sentiment, but I can see I was wrong.

lol I'm an old school fan looking forward to this. I liked RER.

Gradon

Why do you get the impression that fans of the old games have to hate the new ones?
There are thousands of old school RE fans that love the new games.

Regardless Revelations is as close to the classics as RE4, 5 and 6 will ever be, so I am genuinely shocked that people are ripping on a game that's not even out that was made to appeal to the classic fans.

For US$6, it just needs to be competent.

I'm not expecting an A+ Capcom, just pass would do now. Some creepy memos, one or two extravagant puzzles, a tense or oppressive setting and maybe if you're up for it, a half way decent boss fight.

No pressure Capcom.

The Overseer is a sadistic and cruel mystery character who takes pleasure in torturing and tormenting the main characters?

Sounds like Alfred Ashford to me. Nobody stays dead in these games and, with this being a game with a Claire focus, they could bring him back.

News Bot

Banned
The Overseer is a sadistic and cruel mystery character who takes pleasure in torturing and tormenting the main characters?

Sounds like Alfred Ashford to me. Nobody stays dead in these games and, with this being a game with a Claire focus, they could bring him back.

It's a woman.

I also really don't see where the "nobody stays dead in BIO" comes from, it has no logic or reason to it. There was Wesker, but there was precedence for him and his "revival" (he didn't actually die) fit perfectly into the story.

You make a lot of assumptions don't you?

LOL at all the negative posts

Its $6 for episode 1 if you are on the fence. either buy that or watch the countless videos on youtube.

I'm just pleased to see another RE without waiting 8 years

Ryuukan

so you follow up a shitpost with another one about old school vs new school

looking forward to news on the vita port

(been playing RE since the original psx)

It's a woman.

I also really don't see where the "nobody stays dead in BIO" comes from, it has no logic or reason to it. There was Wesker, but there was precedence for him and his "revival" (he didn't actually die) fit perfectly into the story.

Ada has "died" how many times now? As for it being a woman? That's cool, but if she's an old character that hasn't been transformed or dead...then...Svetlana?

Drawing a blank.

Seik

Banned
Count me in when the physical version will come out on PS4.

Same thing for Vita, depending if it's a good port and if it comes physical as well.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Looking at the "exclusive" content they really want you to buy the retail copy huh? Well too bad for me than because I will be waiting for the PS Vita version and I'm digital only on the PS Vita.

Jawmuncher

Looking at the "exclusive" content they really want you to buy the retail copy huh? Well too bad for me than because I will be waiting for the PS Vita version and I'm digital only on the PS Vita.

Sony is doing the vita version.
I'm betting the complete version will be the only thing available for the vita. Pretty sure it'll be digital and retail as well since its RE.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Why... its not like its a Telltale game with one episode every 3-4 months or god knows when...it's just something different they are trying and like you said,you have the option to wait...

You're trying to discourage them from charging $25 and are going to buy the $40 edition to send a message?

Yeah, that'll show them.

Not the pricing, the timing.

It doesn't make any sense. Episodic content is released because the future episodes are still in development. The game is already done, they're just spoonfeeding it as some marketing ploy. This isn't a television drama season. It seems entirely unnecessary and arbitrary.

Just release the whole package digitally for $25 at once, with the option to buy any episode immediately, and release a physical version at a premium.

This is what I would do anyway, because I will always prefer physical to digital. It just so happens that it also avoids their dumb episodic release schedule.

Carbonox

Looking forward to seeing the feedback on this game from GAF and the critics alike. Decided to pass up on buying this at launch despite being a Resident Evil fan because how disappointing it looks but am interesting in how others feel about it as well (those who've actually played it). Will consider it later down the line during a quiet month perhaps.

YRuafraid

Banned
Why do you get the impression that fans of the old games have to hate the new ones?
There are thousands of old school RE fans that love the new games.

Regardless Revelations is as close to the classics as RE4, 5 and 6 will ever be, so I am genuinely shocked that people are ripping on a game that's not even out that was made to appeal to the classic fans.

It's really nothing like the classic RE, so I dunno why Capcom says that. REV1 was basically a watered down RE4, and this looks more or less the same.

Anyway despite my criticism I'm still interested, if this game is even remotely decent I'll end up getting it.

News Bot

Banned
Ada has "died" how many times now? As for it being a woman? That's cool, but if she's an old character that hasn't been transformed or dead...then...Svetlana?

Drawing a blank.

She fakes her death in BIO2. The game doesn't try to hide it at all.

There are several "old" characters they can use for this girl. Alex Wesker, Christine Henry, Jenny K. being the top three candidates unless it's someone who's never been mentioned before but fits into the mythology with ties to important events, like Sergei Vladimir was.

Top Bottom