• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal: Animated Graphic Novel and Comic Books Announced for 3rd Anniversary

Gudji

not like this GIF

Holammer

You-Should-Feel-Bad-Zoidberg.jpg

Maybe don't bother hyping nothingburgers like this.
If they just dropped it out of the blue it would be kind of neat, now it's just piss in our corn flakes.

Mr.Phoenix

I swear these devs or publishers just never learn.

If this is the kinda stuff you are announcing, just fucking announce it. Why would they see fit to tease something like this, and let people's expectations and hopes run amock? Knowing fully well that when said people find out it's something like this it just ends up disappointing.

What good does any of that do anyone?

What expectations were there to manage?

Just because some people will piss and moan about literally anything you do, it doesn't mean you're the one at fault!
Just straight up announcing the stuff about the artbook and animated comic today during the 3rd anniversary without the cryptic teasing they've done yesterday? Pretty standard stuff it you don't have anything big to announce (i.e. DLC).

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
That did look cool, but not exactly what many of us had in mind I'm sure lol

Getting an announcement for a new game in the rumored May showcase would be cool.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just straight up announcing the stuff about the artbook and animated comic today during the 3rd anniversary without the cryptic teasing they've done yesterday? Pretty standard stuff it you don't have anything big to announce (i.e. DLC).

So basically shadow-drop it? I mean if you aren't allowed to tweet the day before, there's no wiggle-room whatsoever!

Stop blaming the world for your inability to manage your expectations and emotions. Its pathetic.

So basically shadow-drop it? I mean if you aren't allowed to tweet the day before, there's no wiggle-room whatsoever!

Stop blaming the world for your inability to manage your expectations and emotions. Its pathetic.
I mean look at this thread, there's lots of people that are disappointed in here as well. So yeah, they should have just announced the artbook + graphic novel during the day of the anniversary without the tease. Dunno what else to tell you. 🤷

Don't get me wrong, I do like that they're releasing an artbook as it's my favorite Sony 1st party title this gen and I did mention that I'll be picking it up eventually, but imo they shouldn't have teased this like it was a major announcement or something.

Last edited:

Hudo

What makes this disappointing is that both Housemarque and XDEV have teased stuff without managing expectations. If they had tweeted "Yo we've got some dope-ass shit prepared to celebrate Returnal's anniversary! We hear it's quite the page-turner!", it would've been a bit less confusing while also still being a tease.

What makes this disappointing is that both Housemarque and XDEV have teased stuff without managing expectations. If they had tweeted "Yo we've got some dope-ass shit prepared to celebrate Returnal's anniversary! We hear it's quite the page-turner!", it would've been a bit less confusing while also still being a tease.
That's exactly what I was trying to say. Hope I'm not getting another quote reply from Clear Clear for agreeing with this sentiment lol. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom