• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Destiny DLC Plans leak. Major addon "Comet: Plague of Darkness" coming sep. 15

I can't wait to laugh at how absurd the price of Comet will be. I would still be playing this if the DLC was more reasonably priced, but alas...

Marcel

Barbones = titanfall

That is true Barbones

You obviously don't still play it, or only judge by 'story missions'

No one who plays the game cares about story missions they did 400 hours ago.

I've done VoG. I haven't bothered with Crota's End because I'd rather raid in better games at this point. If that makes my opinion less important to you then there's nothing I can do about that.

Ein Bear

Whilst I honestly have no idea at all about how well Destiny may be doing for itself, let's be honest - if popularity on NeoGAF was a good metric by which to measure success, Bayonetta 2 would have done Call of Duty numbers and the Vita would be the biggest selling platform in history.

Of course they'll do that, they can get away with minimal content and having people defending them all over the place, the players are part of the problem.

Marcel

Of course they'll do that, they can get away with minimal content and having people defending them all over the place, the players are part of the problem.

They really are. The GraveRobber guy flashing me his Destiny e-penis doubly so.

Disclaimer: No one in this thread cares about your sick Destiny stats, bro.

ironcreed

Banned
No thanks. I was going to give them a chance to reel me back in with the The Dark Below, but seeing how that turned out, I went ahead and deleted this game off my HDD and chalked it up as been there, done that.

Kosma

Banned
Compared to something like World of Warcraft this game IS barebones and it charges you more to play then WoW.

6 expansions in a year is 120 euro, plus the game for 60 is 180, plus 40 euro for Comet is 220 euro in total for 1 year of playing.

That coupled with the fact it has less content then vanilla WoW is crazy.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm glad the game equivalent of buffet food is good enough for you. Some people expect more for their money, though.

For a person who doesn't care much for Destiny and most likely hasn't invested proper time into it has way to much to say about this...

Once again what does it matter to you how people spend their time and money, no one is forcing you to play it

You have an agenda of just pulling useless strawman arguments to get a rise out of people who do enjoy the game, like me

I have put in countless hours, I'm not stopping for the foreseeable future, I must have Aspergers or Stockholm Syndrome right?
7D1pWWK.png

I play everyday, my character and GAFfers who I call friends now are the reason I keep playing
B8G8NJUl.jpg

aXdjkQJl.jpg

yfEXBiZl.jpg

The game has offered me enough to enjoy it for what it's worth, not project stuff onto it by blasting it for things it can't do

They really are. The GraveRobber guy flashing me his Destiny e-penis doubly so.

Disclaimer: No one in this thread cares about your sick Destiny stats, bro.

So tell me where do I have Stockholm Syndrome from my stats, you must have a degree is psychology to put me in that base
I'm not showing you my e-penis stats, I'm showing you what the game offers, do you see there is things to do off those stats

Playing the "WHY ARE YOU NOT OUTRAGED" card is pretty lame. Fact is there are a lot of people hooked on the game. Yea, the practices Bungie uses right now are pretty meh, but let these people enjoy what they love man.

I love Destiny but...damn...

I don't wanna pay for more DLC. At this point, getting all of the DLC will cost between $110-$140. How much content was actually cut at this point from the main game?

But I'll probably end up getting it anyways...

Deku Tree

Compared to something like World of Warcraft this game IS barebones and it charges you more to play then WoW.

6 expansions in a year is 120 euro, plus the game for 60 is 180, plus 40 euro for Comet is 220 euro in total for 1 year of playing.

That's some fuzzy math. There are not six expansions in a year. Digital Guardian edition was $90 + $40 for comet is $130. Much less than 1 year of WoW. The other expansions are most certainly past the one year mark.

I like destiny too for what it is but I refuse to pay full price for the dlc, waiting for when it hits half price... if it ever does...

Kosma

Banned
I have put in countless hours, I'm not stopping for the foreseeable future, I must have Aspergers or Stockholm Syndrome right?
7D1pWWK.png

Well the fact that you felt you needed to repost what you posted on the previous page, just so more people can see your post does indicate that you do seek validation in some sense

This game is designed specifically to get people on a validation threadmill

Calcium

Banned
I love Destiny but...damn...

I don't wanna pay for more DLC. At this point, getting all of the DLC will cost between $110-$140. How much content was actually cut at this point from the main game?

But I'll probably end up getting it anyways...

I think the first two DLC were actually just content removed from the game. The six month gap between House of Wolves and Plague of Darkness suggests that they pushed the release back and are working hard to put out a quality expansion.

Lothars

They are happy that a segment of their player base is essentially a captive audience with Stockholm syndrome, yes.

I'm glad the game equivalent of buffet food is good enough for you. Some people expect more for their money, though.
Wow your really showing your garbage posts constantly. It's pretty pathetic

Destiny has tons of issues mainly to do with content but the insane negativity that is in every single destiny thread by drive by posters is pretty toxic. Bungie deserves to be critized but it seems like you and other posters have an issue with people that play destiny.

jett

D-Member
Whilst I honestly have no idea at all about how well Destiny may be doing for itself, let's be honest - if popularity on NeoGAF was a good metric by which to measure success, Bayonetta 2 would have done Call of Duty numbers and the Vita would be the biggest selling platform in history.

Not really.

Bayonetta 2's OT has less than 7000 posts.

Destiny is about to go on its 12th OT. That's 220000 posts.

GraveRobberX

First of all there's on only 2 Expansion Passes, with 2 Expansions in each of them for $34.99, if you wan to piecemeal it, then it's $20
No clue where you got 6

So $34.99 x 2 = $70
Game = $60

Comet which will release in 9/2015 = $60, will include Destiny 1 + DLC + Comet
People who already have Destiny 1, most likely will get a break in price for Comet + Expansion Pass II

So it's really $60 + $40 + $35 = $135 for Day 1'ers
New people into the fold (9/2015) it's $60 + $35 =$95

WoW on the other hand is $15/mo = $160/year + $40-$60 for expansion every other year...

yeesh terrible outlook for the game and not enough to warrant a re-install from this guy-

also:people hating on TitanFall must be oblivious to the massive FREE expansion that added 3 new modes including the best Horde to be implemented in any game ever.

Foffy

Banned
Reading the release plan detailled in the OP ... this is about as clinical and soulless as game development can get. Absolutely disgusting.

Check the box, meet that quota. A lot of the industry has become that, but to see how bad that is in the AAA space...

Kosma

Banned
That's some fuzzy math. There are not six expansions in a year. Digital Guardian edition was $90 + $40 for comet is $130. Much less than 1 year of WoW. The other expansions are most certainly past the one year mark.

One year of WoW is 132 euro for the sub, base game is like 40.

tiny difference in price, but a huge difference in content

Jinjo

Well the fact that you felt you needed to repost what you posted on the previous page, just so more people can see your post does indicate that you do seek validation in some sense

This game is designed specifically to get people on a validation threadmill

Yes, because a videogame is gonna be the thing that validates someone's life.

Fucking lol.

It's a fun way to spend your free time and the more time you play it the more it was worth your personal money. It's not a hard notion to grasp dude. Get out of here with them silly "self-worth" psychological analysis'.

Afrocious

WoW on the other hand is $15/mo = $160/year + $40-$60 for expansion every other year...

Not to be classified as a hater, but WoW actually has content and manages to support the millions of people who play it, from those who play it regularly to those who take a break from it for years to return.

lipton-tea-city-of-animals.jpg

njean777

WOW would be 230$ a year. 15$ x12= 180 plus buying the new expansion for 50$ = 230$ a year.

As for the OT, Idk how I will feel about Destiny even 3 months from now let alone the 6 it will probably take for the next expansion after House of Wolves. I did buy the expansion pass so I will play House of Wolves, but depending on games in the future I may not come back until Destiny 2 (unless Destiny 2 is more of the same as Destiny).

Not to be classified as a hater, but WoW actually has content and manages to support the millions of people who play it, from those who play it regularly to those who take a break from it for years to return.

Well yeah you pay for it monthly I would hope you are supported. They do not give free updates in WOW, you pay monthly for those little updates and new dungeon or raid releases.

TomShoe

Banned
I feel like I'll keep playing Destiny on a regular basis, but what's dissuading me from buying the expansion pack DLC is that they haven't had even one price drop yet. I don't feel like they're worth $35, and it's not following the same pricing trend as most new video games, as far as retailer sales are concerned. Heck, Call of Duty was released 2 months ago and they've already knocked $20 off the price. If all the add-on content eventually gets discounted, then I'll be more likely to give it a try. But if they try and shove the content down our throat endlessly at MSRP, then I could see my interest fading quickly.

Kosma

Banned
Yes, because a videogame is gonna be the thing that validates someone's life.

Fucking lol.

It's a fun way to spend your free time and the more time you play it the more it was worth your personal money. It's not a hard notion to grasp dude. Get out of here with them silly "self-worth" psychological analysis'.

This isn't even debatele, this is how these games work at their core. Maybe not for every person, but that is the hook.

Caboose

Can't wait for more terrible story missions, one decent strike every now and then and no raid to play for me because no matchmaking because of reasons.

GraveRobberX

One year of WoW is 132 euro for the sub, base game is like 40.

tiny difference in price, but a huge difference in content

So that means a game like Fallout or Dragon's Age must be the mother-load on Content/Money ratio amirite?

1 a subscription MMO that has been around for close to 10 years vs a game that has been out less than 5 months, yeah very comparable, when the genres they are in don't even match up

Put the real full price of how much a WoW player has spent over the course of 10 years against Destiny once it hits 1 year and see how they stack up
Vanilla WoW was content dry too, people forget that shit

Gamerloid

Too much DLC asking for too much when the content given is too little. They all only include one single raid anyway, and that's pretty much the only thing that interest me in Destiny at this point. Story missions will always follow the formula, play a mission with each monster type and you've played them all. More strikes in rotation is fine. The way they handled Crota's End was enough to repel me from future expansions however. Almost everything done before that was rendered null and void, and I find the raid to be a lot inferior to the VoG.

I'm just going to get the platinum trophy for the game as it is now and be done with it unless comet really does a complete overhauls, but I don't see that happening because Destiny 2 needs a way to shine.

Kosma

Banned
Wow at launch had many times the content that Destiny has though, like it took you over 200 hours just do ding 60 with one character. That doesn't even include any PvP, Raid content or dungeons really.

Destiny maybe has the content of 3 vanilla WoW zones, the smaller ones.

And it costs 78 dollars for 6 month, not 90.

GraveRobberX

More posts = good game right folks

http://i.imgur.com/QozrsR2.jpg

No it means it has active players and not dwindling down for the foreseeable future
When we bring up OT and the numbers, we are showing that there's a GAF community thriving in the Gaming Community section
Most OT's go there to die, yet we still going strong 5 months in

You want to paint us in a light of players who are forced to play cause we made the wrong choice in your opinion and the way you play it off is that we might have a disease or psychological disorder due to it

Endo Punk

Here's hoping Destiny 2 breaks its last gen shackles. The thought of all the content plus dlc/expansion and new planets has me so hyped. Im sure the story will be a lot more robust next time as well, I doubt bungie could implement everything fans wanted for destiny in the current dlc and expansions because they were probably in development before all this was known.

Crazy how Destiny has created extremes amongst the fans; either loving it or really hating what they got. All I know is it's a new ip that is really fun, and that's enough for me.

Ein Bear

We're about to start our 14th OT soon
So 260,000 posts

Not really.

Bayonetta 2's OT has less than 7000 posts.

Destiny is about to go on its 12th OT. That's 220000 posts.

That's cool, I'm glad you guys like the game, but how many unique posters is that?

Again, I'm not saying that it's stupid, or wrong, for you guys to love Destiny. Everyone has different opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. But the problem with OTs, which goes for any game, not just Destiny, is that a few weeks after launch they just become echo-chambers of hardcore fans.

I'm just trying to say that you shouldn't act surprised and dismissive that the bulk of public opinion is 'Destiny was a letdown.' Having 'Destiny' in the title of a thread doesn't purely designate it as a zone for Destiny-GAF to talk about how much they enjoy the game, and get irate when dissenting opinions come in.

The fact of the matter is that if you like Destiny, more power to you, but your opinion isn't shared by the majority. To try and shut everyone down by saying 'Ugh, you haters always try and ruin Destiny threads' is just being ridiculous. Destiny was a huge release that the majority of the gaming community has an opinion on. Those opinions are just largely more negative than they are positive.

GraveRobberX

Wow at launch had many times the content that Destiny has though, like it took you over 200 hours just do ding 60 with one character.

And it costs 78 dollars for 6 month, not 90.

Your not paying a sub, holy hell
Destiny =/= WoW

WoW was made to be a MMO, Destiny = Shared Online Game
It has some MMO elements to it, but it's not a full fledged out MMO most of you are trying to compare it against

If WoW has content in the same vain as Destiny and charged you $15/mo you would have the same discourse of hate bashing most people derive for Destiny

Jito

Banned
They better get matchmaking into one of these "expansion packs", first one was such a rip off for the amount of content.

Marcel

No it means it has active players and not dwindling down for the foreseeable future
When we bring up OT and the numbers, we are showing that there's a GAF community thriving in the Gaming Community section
Most OT's go there to die, yet we still going strong 5 months in

You want to paint us in a light of players who are forced to play cause we made the wrong choice in your opinion and the way you play it off is that we might have a disease or psychological disorder due to it

I don't deny the thriving community but some like to postulate the twisted logic that a game is good because people are playing, posting, or whatever bullshit metric is convenient for them. By that logic McDonalds must have good hamburgers because people eat them, right?

Kosma

Banned
Your not paying a sub, holy hell
Destiny =/= WoW

WoW was made to be a MMO, Destiny = Shared Online Game
It has some MMO elements to it, but it's not a full fledged out MMO most of you are trying to compare it against

If WoW has content in the same vain as Destiny and charged you $15/mo you would have the same discourse of hate bashing most people derive for Destiny

Its tit for tat really, you need this DLC to keep playing in a meaninful way. It's just another form of a subscription.

Anyhoo enjoy the game, I hope Destiny 2 will deliver what was promised to us.

The1Ski

"Comet" super expansion will cost $35.99.

Source: my ass.

It wouldn't surprise me though. I'm such an idiot to think that Bungie was going to add content to the game without charging. I imagined something like Path of Exile where content rains from the sky every few months. I'm an idiot!

This is one expensive game!

DNAbro

Jesus Christ it's every fucking Destiny thread with this shit. Advice for everyone stop caring what people like and don't like. Everybody who plays knows the game has ton of problems, the constant arguing about this game from both sides just gets childish.

Anyways on to the DLC, I really wonder how much this is going to cost. I do want it mainly because I usually get one shooter a year and if Destiny can take up another year and then the next year I might be okay with that. Or I'll buy new the Call of Duty.

TyrantII

Again, I'm not saying that it's stupid, or wrong, for you guys to love Destiny. Everyone has different opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. But the problem with OTs, which goes for any game, not just Destiny, is that a few weeks after launch they just become echo-chambers of hardcore fans.

What keeps GAF from being an echo chamber of haters then?

Honesltz the internet period is a echo chamber since people seek out like minded communities that stroke their own preconception and egos. Or at the least they go on it to bitch, whine, and complain.

Its why negative reviews of products and people looking for help frequently outnumber positives. People with no problem aren't going to the net to post their happiness and no problem.

ascii42

That's cool, I'm glad you guys like the game, but how many unique posters is that?

I'm just trying to say that you shouldn't act surprised and dismissive that the bulk of public opinion is 'Destiny was a letdown.' Having 'Destiny' in the title of a thread doesn't purely designate it as a zone for Destiny-GAF to talk about how much they enjoy the game, and get irate when dissenting opinions come in.

The fact of the matter is that if you like Destiny, more power to you, but your opinion isn't shared by the majority. To try and shut everyone down by saying 'Ugh, you haters always try and ruin Destiny threads' is just being ridiculous. Destiny was a huge release that the majority of the gaming community has an opinion on. Those opinions are just largely more negative than they are positive.

660 in the current OT.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=956707

Lothars

I don't deny the thriving community but some like to postulate the twisted logic that a game is good because people are playing, posting, or whatever bullshit metric is convenient for them. By that logic McDonalds must have good hamburgers because people eat them, right?
You have a twisted logic that because you hate the game everyone else does to.

It seems you have an issue with anyone that likes the game.

Top Bottom